Este tema está cerrado
X
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

It's a pity the Guardia don't spend some of their time and resourses on the hideous crime wave in the area, instead of picking on people with UK plates.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Scorpio Ver Mensaje
      It's a pity the Guardia don't spend some of their time and resourses on the hideous crime wave in the area, instead of picking on people with UK plates.

Vey true, this has allways been a big problem

Comentario

More money - More tax

Originalmente publicado por stevethepainter Ver Mensaje
        I think they are different branches of the Guardia Civil.

Probably has to do with politics. I picture that the Guardia Civil Traffic Police actually makes money, while the traditional police costs money. Be sure, the traffic wardens are coming. Anything that makes you pay more, and that creates more public sector jobs, will come. Just remember one thing: Don't talk about it, a politician might hear you!

Comentario

Don't see why they can't do the 2 things at the same time. Catch the thieves/burglers and people driving non Spanish registered cars. Now if the police were women..........................(only kidding)

Comentario

Go Home

Personally I am sick and tired of the arguments put forward by crap brits for ignoring the rules here, and I hope that the Guardia take all these illegal cars off the road.

If one of these drivers damages your car and drives off there is absolutely no way of tracing their address. Saying 'I wouldn't do that' is irrelevant - you are breaking the law, just like all the others who urinate in the street, start fights and so on. Go home the lot of you and leave the decent brits here to re-establish a decent reputation for our country.

Comentario

Well done David S. The voice of sanity.

Although I still think that Stevethepainter is just winding everyone up.

I don't believe he can be for real!

Comentario

[QUOTE=david s;16431]Personally I am sick and tired of the arguments put forward by crap brits for ignoring the rules here, and I hope that the Guardia take all these illegal cars off the road.

If one of these drivers damages your car and drives off there is absolutely no way of tracing their address. Saying 'I wouldn't do that' is irrelevant - you are breaking the law, just like all the others who urinate in the street, start fights and so on. Go home the lot of you and leave the decent brits here to re-establish a decent reputation for our country.[/QUOTE

You see there we go again putting people in little boxes, so people who drive gb plated cars now piss in the street, start fights and generally give the honest ex pat a bad name, as for establishing a decent reputation for uour country you need to do your history and understand a bit more about the country you are living in.
                As for being sick of tired of all the arguements us crap brits put forward then if this is so why embarrase yourself and post a load of unintelligent drivell?.
                And my god, look at your quote ,,,, If one of these drivers damages your car and drives off there is absolutely no way of tracing their address ROFLMAO
                I sold a spanish plated Grand Cherokee 4 years ago to a spanish solicitor, 2 years later when he got drunk and totaled a bmw with it and then left the scene it was me that has the Guardia at my door because he didnt complete the transfer, the average guy driving their gb plated vehicle here in spain is no different from anyone else, they are not some drunk or gonna piss up your hedge or start a fight or even crash into your old banger and do a runner and this is the crux of my arguement, people like yourself who think they are somehow better and have the right to tell others how to luve their life,

Comentario

[QUOTE=stevethepainter;16437]
                  Originalmente publicado por david s Ver Mensaje
                  Personally I am sick and tired of the arguments put forward by crap brits for ignoring the rules here, and I hope that the Guardia take all these illegal cars off the road.

If one of these drivers damages your car and drives off there is absolutely no way of tracing their address. Saying 'I wouldn't do that' is irrelevant - you are breaking the law, just like all the others who urinate in the street, start fights and so on. Go home the lot of you and leave the decent brits here to re-establish a decent reputation for our country.[/QUOTE

You see there we go again putting people in little boxes, so people who drive gb plated cars now piss in the street, start fights and generally give the honest ex pat a bad name, as for establishing a decent reputation for uour country you need to do your history and understand a bit more about the country you are living in.
                  As for being sick of tired of all the arguements us crap brits put forward then if this is so why embarrase yourself and post a load of unintelligent drivell?.
                  And my god, look at your quote ,,,, If one of these drivers damages your car and drives off there is absolutely no way of tracing their address ROFLMAO
                  I sold a spanish plated Grand Cherokee 4 years ago to a spanish solicitor, 2 years later when he got drunk and totaled a bmw with it and then left the scene it was me that has the Guardia at my door because he didnt complete the transfer, the average guy driving their gb plated vehicle here in spain is no different from anyone else, they are not some drunk or gonna piss up your hedge or start a fight or even crash into your old banger and do a runner and this is the crux of my arguement, people like yourself who think they are somehow better and have the right to tell others how to luve their life,
                  Well said, you have just made my point for me and just completely mis-understood the whole argument I put forward.

Just because someone else is breaking the law does not mean that you are justified in doing the same. Do you not care about the reputation we brits have, and how other nationalities, our spanish hosts most importantly, see us?

We are

the worst dressed
                  The sloppiest and most unreliable tradesmen - no other nationality would touch a british workman with a barge pole.
                  Fat women walking the streets in thong type bikinis
                  Fat men going round the supermarket with no shirt on.
                  Drunks, fights.
                  No-go areas like parts of Dream Hills and La Zenia.

Do you see Scandinavians, French and Germans in droves like that? Absolutely not, which is why the Spanish think so low of us.

I speak reasonable spanish, and believe me that is how they see the brits more than any other nationality.

I spoke to a spanish guy recently in a pottery in Polop. He asked me where I was from and was surprised I was a brit as I was speaking in spanish. He told me he hated the brits. They came in coaches, came out the bodega across the road and into his shop still drinking, shouting, and throwing their plastic glasses and cigarette ends all over the floor. Why are they like that he said.

And no, I do not think all brits are the same - just too many of them around here.

Yes, I do try to lead a more classy lifestyle, and I do try to leave the impression with our hosts that not all brits are the same. If that makes me a snob then I am proud to be a snob, and yes, like all the other decent brits here with standards and integrity, I want you lot gone.

Comentario

Problem is (and will always be) that the law cant make exceptions. It has to be the same for everyone.
                    Now WHY the authorities does this could be an issue of debate. Personally I can understand why they wants residents in spain to drive a spanish plated car on a spanish driving license, But I dont understand the big deal with a car being here permanently if its driven by non resident.

Comentario

Actually its difficult for the Guardia to know how long your vehicle has been in spain, a few exceptions are maybe if your vehicle was involved in some incident in spain maybe then a note could have been made of its presence, by incident i mean perhaps you could have been stopped and warned on a previous occasion.
                      I have a channel island vehicle here in spain, no mot test and no road tax because we dont have these requirments in the channel islands, i also have a gb plated 4x4 here for 5 years, insured, spanish itv test but no road tax, i have been stopped at least 6 times for various reasons, breath test, stop check, speeding, etc etc, never have i had a problem, just make sure your international green card and that your vehicle is clean and tidy and not some old banger and you wont have a problem.
                      Dont listen to the old moaners who have little better to do with their time than make up scaremonger stories about how we are all going to be locked up and have our cars crushed, its all a load of old bull.
                      Oh 1 more thing for those of you who want to prove your vehicle has been in spain for less than 6months, simple go to a particular ferry site and do a booking for you vehicle, ie input dates and vehicle reg etc, then simply print the page without finishing the booking you should then have 2 a4 pages showing any sailing date you wish plus the vehicle details and even the payment method and amount.

Somebody mentioned dodgy, that's what dodgy is, printing off an unfinished booking form, it's dishonest.
                      Rules are rules and really people should obide by them or pay the penalty.
                      I think that's what pees people off. I suppose you could argue, rules are made to be broken.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Chrisdee Ver Mensaje
                        Somebody mentioned dodgy, that's what dodgy is, printing off an unfinished booking form, it's dishonest.
                        Rules are rules and really people should obide by them or pay the penalty.
                        I think that's what pees people off. I suppose you could argue, rules are made to be broken.
                        My whole point. Why do we have to bring everything down to the lowest common denominator. Why lead your life on the basis of being no worse than everyone else? No wonder the UK is going down the tubes. We laugh at the Germans for their disciplined approach to life, but they haven't lost all their industries like we have and will have the last laugh.

Let's change attitude. Let's honestly endeavour to be the best - then I will be proud to be british - even if we don't make it.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por david s Ver Mensaje
                          My whole point. Why do we have to bring everything down to the lowest common denominator. Why lead your life on the basis of being no worse than everyone else? No wonder the UK is going down the tubes. We laugh at the Germans for their disciplined approach to life, but they haven't lost all their industries like we have and will have the last laugh.

Let's change attitude. Let's honestly endeavour to be the best - then I will be proud to be british - even if we don't make it.
                          Bring back Franco!! No messing about then.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Nalle Ver Mensaje
                            Problem is (and will always be) that the law cant make exceptions. It has to be the same for everyone.
                            Now WHY the authorities does this could be an issue of debate. Personally I can understand why they wants residents in spain to drive a spanish plated car on a spanish driving license, But I dont understand the big deal with a car being here permanently if its driven by non resident.
                            Suppose you have an accident. hit by one of these cars, and the driver drives off leaving your car undrivable. How do the authorities ever track down an address for the vehicle?

Comentario

good on ya david s

And no, I do not think all brits are the same - just too many of them around here.

Yes, I do try to lead a more classy lifestyle, and I do try to leave the impression with our hosts that not all brits are the same. If that makes me a snob then I am proud to be a snob, and yes, like all the other decent brits here with standards and integrity, I want you lot gone.[/QUOTE]

i think the english get pissed and and act the idiots around the place in spain because like us irish we have a drinking culture we do the same things in our own countries every weekend. us irish dont really have a bad name because the spanish see us all tanked up on beer and say look at those english lads. we get away with it yet we are just as bad. i have to agree with what david s has said 100 percent. you must respect another countries culture and rules especially if you are living there.

Comentario

How does the authorities track down a holidaymaker who is here and have an accident and does a runnar? When I say Non resident I mean just that. A holiday maker.
                                In that case it should be illigal for ANY foreign plated cars to be inside spain, even if they are just here on holiday.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                                X