Este tema está cerrado
X
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

Any UK registered car over three years old has to have a MOT certificate to be driven legally.
    To get this, the car has to be taken to a UK garage once a year to be tested.
    Without the MOT certificate a tax disc will not be issued.

Failure to have a MOT certificate and tax disc, invalidates the insurance.
    Therefore you will be driving an untaxed, uninsured car.

God help anyone you bump into!

Comentario

Im driving a spanishplated car on a spanish license registered to my spanish address.
      Why would God be needed if I bumb into anyone?

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Nalle Ver Mensaje
        Im driving a spanishplated car on a spanish license registered to my spanish address.
        Why would God be needed if I bumb into anyone?
        Because I think God is the only one allowed to strike people down with lightning!

Comentario

Because if you bump into one of these uninsured idiots, you will lose your no-claim bonus

Comentario

Nope. I wont lose any bonus. It would be a courtcase against the other driver. But I suppose that could depend on your insurance company

But thats not the point. I agree that everyone should have a legal car (insurance MOT, tax etc etc) Someone said that MOT is not needed if you have it on channelplates....

Anyway my point is;

I dont understand why having a UK plated car here for more than 6 months should be illegal. As long as it IS legal, whats the difference having it here 2 months or 10?

Comentario

For a UK car, over three years old to be legal, it has to have a valid MOT certificate. The only way to get that, is for the car to be taken to a MOT testing station in UK.
              Without a valid MOT certificate, the car is on the road illegally.

Therefore the car must be taken back to UK at least once a year to get the MOT certificate.

Whether things should, or should not change is another matter. I'm just saying what is needed now to make a UK car legal.

What if a pedestrian was hit by one of these idiots. They would have enough problems trying to get well, without having to go to court to try to get justice.

It just beggers belief that people who do everything correct to make their car legal while they live in UK, just think the laws of Spain do not apply to them.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Nalle Ver Mensaje
                Nope. I wont lose any bonus. It would be a courtcase against the other driver. But I suppose that could depend on your insurance company

But thats not the point. I agree that everyone should have a legal car (insurance MOT, tax etc etc) Someone said that MOT is not needed if you have it on channelplates....

Anyway my point is;

I dont understand why having a UK plated car here for more than 6 months should be illegal. As long as it IS legal, whats the difference having it here 2 months or 10?
                Under English law, if a car is taken out of the country for more than 12 months it must be de-registered in the UK. Therefore, no car that is here for over a year can be legal.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por J J Ver Mensaje
                  For a UK car, over three years old to be legal, it has to have a valid MOT certificate. The only way to get that, is for the car to be taken to a MOT testing station in UK.
                  Without a valid MOT certificate, the car is on the road illegally.

Therefore the car must be taken back to UK at least once a year to get the MOT certificate.

Whether things should, or should not change is another matter. I'm just saying what is needed now to make a UK car legal.

What if a pedestrian was hit by one of these idiots. They would have enough problems trying to get well, without having to go to court to try to get justice.

It just beggers belief that people who do everything correct to make their car legal while they live in UK, just think the laws of Spain do not apply to them.

Here here - well said.

How can any intelligent person argue that just because the next man is breaking the law it is okay for him to do so as well?

Comentario

I only came on to see if anyone knew anything about the tv!!! I have been very entertained and a little baffled!!! Has passed the time though so I would like to thank you all.
                    What really bugs me is all the people over hear working for cash not paying into the system but sending their children to Spanish schools, but that's opening a whole new can of worms!!!

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por david s Ver Mensaje
                      Here here - well said.

How can any intelligent person argue that just because the next man is breaking the law it is okay for him to do so as well?
                      david, why is it that you seem so obsessed with intelligence ? Just because someone offers a different opinion to your own, why should that be attributed to intelligence rather than an alternative viewpoint ???

Is it because you are so concerned about your own intelligence that you would sooner question another persons, rather than consider your own ?
                      Editado por última vez por Britbuild; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/647-britbuild en , 02:08:10.

Comentario

School

Originalmente publicado por tillymint Ver Mensaje
                        I only came on to see if anyone knew anything about the tv!!! I have been very entertained and a little baffled!!! Has passed the time though so I would like to thank you all.
                        What really bugs me is all the people over hear working for cash not paying into the system but sending their children to Spanish schools, but that's opening a whole new can of worms!!!
                        I think it is worse when they don't send their children to the schools. After all - no one is served any favour by British children living in some kind of sub-economy without learning the basic things in life.

Comentario

school

Hi John73 I think you missed my point if they don't pay into the system then they should pay for their childs education. I did not mean for them to have no education as that would just be silly!!!

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Britbuild Ver Mensaje
                            david, why is it that you seem so obsessed with intelligence ? Just because someone offers a different opinion to your own, why should that be attributed to intelligence rather than an alternative viewpoint ???

Is it because you are so concerned about your own intelligence that you would sooner question another persons, rather than consider your own ?
                            As it happens I have an IQ well above average, but that is irrelevant. All I said was that there is no way of making an intelligent argument that others breaking the law justifies you doing it. The problem is that people breaking the law are using nonsense arguments to try to justify their wrong doing. How intelligent these people are I don't know, but they are not appying any when they try to make that case. The wrongness of that argument is absolute, not a matter of opinion.

I am not a dinasaur as somebody suggested. I just like to maintain decent standards, and a respect for the law. People who flout the law just because they are in Spain annoy the hell out of me, especially when they put others at risk.

Comentario

IQ

I have an IQ of 673 according to the last test I took. I rather not brag about it, as people may gang up on me and claim I'm too stupid and didn't understand the test. Heard it all before! Idiots!

Comentario

Just read up on the subject of GB plated vehicles in Spain.

And I quote "Your vehicle cannot remain in spain for more than 180 days if it does reamin for longer even one day it requires transfer to spanish plates, the onus is on you to prove when your vehicle entered Spain". Also further down the page, if you have been sold Insurance and told you can insure your car here on GB plates and have an ITV then you have been mislead. Your ITV is not worth the paper it is written on and your Insurance will if a claim arose be void.

Your vehicle must be legal in its country of origin. Which means if you have a GB plated car it needs GB insurance, Road Tax and a valid MOT. End of.......

Comentario

Trabajando...
                                X