X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• holiday in los altos - punta marina

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me? Hubby and I are looking to book a holiday for three weeks next summer and have found what appears to be a nice apartment in the Punta Marina complex. We have three little boys and we won't be hiring a car (we basically want to hang out at the pool, occasionally visit the beach and go out for dinner - very easily pleased!!).

Will Punta Marina fit the bill? What is the neighbourhood like? Can we do without a car? How far is it to local supermarkets, shops, restaurant etc? Is there much building work near the complex? Questions, questions...

Any help would be very gratefully received,
    Thanks x

Hi Jemma

Punta Marina properties are relatively new so dependant upon the property you select it is possible that other properties nearby may still be under construction.
    In respect of your other q's re amenities, if your selected property is at the lower end of the area then you are quite close to the main road(N332) and to bars/rests/supermarkets, nearest beach is very small and app 10/15 mins walk, another 10 mins to a better beach. You could get by without a car in this area but obviously would require taxi/transfers from the airports.
    All in all, an 'up and coming' area with building development ongoing, there are other more established areas with excellent access to bars/rests etc

HTH

Ken
    Editado por última vez por kenbowns; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/22-kenbowns en , 00:18:36.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por kenbowns Ver Mensaje
      Hi Jemma

Punta Marina properties are relatively new so dependant upon the property you select it is possible that other properties nearby may still be under construction.
      In respect of your other q's re amenities, if your selected property is at the lower end of the area then your are quite close to the main road(N332) and to bars/rests/supermarkets, nearest beach is very small and app 10/15 mins walk, another 10 mins to a better beach.
      All in all, an 'up and coming' area with building development ongoing, there are other more established areas with excellent access to bars/rests etc

HTH

Ken
      There is a local bus service every 2nd hour down to the beach at Playa Flamenca.

Generally I recommend Guardamar for families without a car. Less crime, less trouble, good local transport and the beach is better and usually in walking distance. Bus Service to Torrevieja every hour.

Comentario

My advice would be to hire a car if you are staying in Punta Prima. Alternatively stay at Cabo Roig, Cala Capitan or La Zenia. All of which have lovely beaches and are close to bars/restaurants and supermarkets. This will still involve some walking though. You will probably either be near a supermarket and 15 mins walk from the beach or vice a versa.
        I would advise to hire a car whereever you intend to stay because no one wants to be carrying home carrier bags full of heavy food/water in the temperatures we are currently experiencing. You would also gain by being able to go to the cheaper supermarkets and have much more choice with your other entertainment.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por JOHN73 Ver Mensaje
          There is a local bus service every 2nd hour down to the beach at Playa Flamenca.

Generally I recommend Guardamar for families without a car. Less crime, less trouble, good local transport and the beach is better and usually in walking distance. Bus Service to Torrevieja every hour.
          I suspect John hasn't lived in or frequented Los Altos too often - "less crime, less trouble"?? I have a property in Los Altos and the area is lovely and trouble free. There is an abundance of bars and restaurants in the area for all tastes and budgets.
          Punta Prima beach is relatively small but nice nonetheless - and you can walk along the seafront in either direction towards other beaches if you want.

Enjoy your holiday.

Comentario

punta prima

i agree with sparky, although i,m by the football ground i prefere to go up to punta prima, and la zenia, really good beaches

Comentario

Los Altos

I´ve always thought of Los Altos as Coronation Street in the sun.
              There was a rumour going around a couple of years ago that the locals were having a collection to buy a tree - but nothing came of it, still just acres and acres of concrete and row upon row of back to back houses.
              The best of luck with your holiday but I wouldn´t touch it with a barge-pole!

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por kenbowns Ver Mensaje
                Hi Jemma

In respect of your other q's re amenities, if your selected property is at the lower end of the area then you are quite close to the main road(N332) and to bars/rests/supermarkets, nearest beach is very small and app 10/15 mins walk, another 10 mins to a better beach. You could get by without a car in this area but obviously would require taxi/transfers from the airports.

HTH

Ken
                Hi,
                there's no building work going on at Punta Prima . They stopped about 6/8 months ago and I can't see them starting again for a couple of years if at all.
                If you are beach side of the 332 you are only 5 mins. for the sea.
                There are plenty of bars, shops, banks, and some very good restaurants on the strip.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                X