3. Promise to be back ASAP

4. Ask clients to be patient

5. No charges will be made to clients during this time

6. Court Proceedings are secret and on-going so cannot be commented on

7. All systems similar to TelMicro are effected by the issues

Hope this is an accurate representation

Pat

Comentario

OK - the boss of Telmicro - Joe Palmer said a great deal most of which was a repeat of the previous statement re legalities etc. Unfortunately no news of reconnection - only that the situation would eventually be resolved and in the meantime no money would be taken from clients' accounts. (If there are any left that haven't cancelled their DD's). So still anyones guess as to what will happen. It would be nice to be told just WHY they were shut down.

Comentario

What a dreadful broadcast by Telemicro ! How can they expect people to stay with them after their appalling service to date ? Their credibility is lost entirely.

I am using my Satellite box (DarkBox SD USB-PVR) and watching the channels supplied free to air by Sky and others. These include the Olympics on 'stream' channels.

I for one, shall never subscribe to any TV supplier here.

Comentario

Telmicro

Originalmente publicado por Fly Ver Mensaje
            OK - the boss of Telmicro - Joe Palmer said a great deal most of which was a repeat of the previous statement re legalities etc. Unfortunately no news of reconnection - only that the situation would eventually be resolved and in the meantime no money would be taken from clients' accounts. (If there are any left that haven't cancelled their DD's). So still anyones guess as to what will happen. It would be nice to be told just WHY they were shut down.
            Joe Palmer is the boss of Sunshine NOT Telmicro. I am also with Telmicro and paid for a full year last November.

Comentario

Joe said "Joe Palmer is the boss of Sunshine NOT Telmicro".

I stand corrected.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por prf Ver Mensaje
                At about 09:50 the Boss of Sunshine FM said:

1. TelMicro have all the necessary Permits and Licences to broadcast

2. The closure is not connected to these Permits and Licences

3. Promise to be back ASAP

4. Ask clients to be patient

5. No charges will be made to clients during this time

6. Court Proceedings are secret and on-going so cannot be commented on

7. All systems similar to TelMicro are effected by the issues

Hope this is an accurate representation

Pat
                Telmicro were shutdown and are being prosecuted for tax evasion and fraud.
                In this statement they are in fact contradicting themselves -
                Point 2 states their closure is not related to permits and licenses, Point 7 says other systems similar will have the same problem.

Not so, only companies that do not pay their taxes should worry.

Comentario

What size dish Cornish Lady and where are you located ?

Cheers........EBT

Comentario

Secret Court Proceedings?

Weird. Where I come from, anyone can attend court, and newspapers always do. The only reason for them to be held secret is to shield the victim in cases involving children or crimes of a sexual nature. Strange that Spain should not follow this freedom of information concept.

Comentario

If other re-broadcasters are affected then I can't see how it can relate to unpaid taxes. Interesting that it says Telmicro has all the necessary permits and licences to "broadcast"....it doesn't say they have the licences or contracts to re-broadcast Sky, BBC etc. I reckon it's an Intellectual Property Rights or Copyright issue, hence other similar systems are affected by the issues.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Guido Ver Mensaje
                        If other re-broadcasters are affected then I can't see how it can relate to unpaid taxes. Interesting that it says Telmicro has all the necessary permits and licences to "broadcast"....it doesn't say they have the licences or contracts to re-broadcast Sky, BBC etc. I reckon it's an Intellectual Property Rights or Copyright issue, hence other similar systems are affected by the issues.

That is my point - other broadcasters are NOT affected.

Comentario

If the 'other' rebroadcasters are not involved, then why did they so smartly remove all their SKY related broadcasts...

As has been said so many times before...they are ALL rebroadcasting UK CONTENT that they have no rights of broadcast for and are therefore acting illegally. The fact that they levy a charge is being investigated as they state that the charge is for the carrier and not the content as the criminal charge would be elevated considerably...wonderful slight of hand...but a test case for the authorities...

Roll on the provable legal service of Eltel...

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Mikea Ver Mensaje
                            .......but a test case for the authorities.....
                            Yes, the auhorities need to set a precedent and they only need to go after one operator to achieve that. It's also less expensive to do so - especially if they lose.

So, Hipchick's comment:....

"That is my point - other broadcasters are NOT affected."

should probably read:

"That is my point - other broadcasters are NOT affected - YET."

I think the error starts here:

"Telmicro were shutdown and are being prosecuted for tax evasion and fraud."

Unless I've missed some official source stating this to be a fact (quite possible), it has yet to be confirmed and remains only conjecture at this point.

So, any conclusions based on it are also only conjecture and could be woefully incorrect - a.k.a, GIGO.

Comentario

Regarding the earlier enquiry, I am no expert on dishes etc. The dish I use is quite small, I believe smaller than most, wall mounted and I am in Orihuela Costa.

The box I have purchased and had fitted to enable me to view rather a lot of free to air channels is a 'Dark Box SD Rev 2008 Digital Satellite Receiver' and amongst others I receive:

Sky news, CNN News, BBC news, France 24 news, Russia Today, Al Jazeera and regional variations of all these which are all in the English language, four religious channels, two 'True Life' movie channels, Horse & Country, Homes abroad, Thomas Cook, ITV Holidays, Paranormal channel, all the Welsh channels (I speak Cymraeg so quite good for me - very similar to Cornish which I also speak so we watched it back home, you see) about 10 'stream channels' at the moment full up with the Olympics, four music channels, plenty of children's channels, gaming channels and about a dozen shopping channels plus others so I am more than happy with that. Also, about a dozen radio channels including the BBC's.

No monthly fee.

Hope this helps a little.

Comentario

PS. The Round Town News reported that Telemicro had infringed intellectual copyright laws and statutes hence the police action.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                                X