X
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Telmicro Official Announcement!

Did anyone else hear the excuse for an Official Announcement issued by Telmicro this morning upon Sunshine FM...

Allegedly...

They are a fully legal broadcaster in Spain and have all the official documents in support of this. Further, they are taking these documents to the British Consulate to have them verified and to evidence that they are indeed a forthright and honest company that has been unduly 'picked upon' by those nasty Spanish officials.

Further, they state that everyone should request sight of this official Broadcasting document from the 'other local providers' implying that thety do not have the correct paperwork!!!

They go on to state that the Telmicro service will be resumed in the very near future and that we can expect to continue receiving the excellent levels of service previously enjoyed...

They fail to actually say when!...

They fail to advise that they actually have content licensing from the BBC, ITV, C4 etc but make a big play upon the fact that they have legal transmission licenses in Spain... Not quite the same thing!

Bottom line...the usual diatribe rolled out (late as usual) that was a bunch of words that said nothing and promised even less...

This appears to be deliberate misinformation by Telemicro.

I have referred their broadcast to a contact at the Costa Blanca News along with a request that all advertisements by dud TV companies be rejected.

This is the reply I received:

"....Costa Blanca News printed the same information a few months ago when many people experienced problems with their various Sky TV providers.

At that time and in previous editions CB News has made it clear that the re-transmission of sky channels in Spain is illegal and that anyone entering into any contracts with such suppliers do so at their own risk.

Regards

Tom Cain"

A near neighbour of mine has just paid our nearly a thousand euros to secure Sky TV with another con man. Will these people never learn ?

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I subscribe to: Cornish not English

Comentario

Telmicro Official Announcement

I don´t believe that the Spanish authorities are interested whether Rupert Murdoch says we can watch his boring old Sky TV or not - it´s the back income tax from Telmicro that they really want!

I´m sure they´ll be back re-transmitting in the near future once they´ve settled up, don´t you think?

Comentario

European legislation

Apart from all that there is the following piece of European legislation:

European directive 89/552/EEC of 3 October 1989

SCADPlus: Television broadcasting activities: "Television without Frontiers" (TVWF) Directive

General principle

The Directive establishes the principle that Member States must ensure freedom of reception and that they may not restrict retransmission on their territory of television programmes from other Member States. They may, however, suspend retransmission of television programmes which infringe the Directive's provisions on the protection of minors.

Comentario

E52 Searching for singnal

Comentario

Telemicro

Yes i agree its disgraceful after paying your fee that the tv was cut off (as was mine and 60,000 others) but i happen to know someone who works for telemicro and the source of blame lies with Torresatelit who knowing numbers were down for the year decided to nab Telemicro´s clients.

They squeeled to the police that Telemicro was not paying taxes which was untrue. Telemicro was in court Monday morning and produced all the relevant documents stating they were not an illegal company and that all taxes are paid to date. I had confirmation that the services of Telemicro will be reinstated by the end of the week as all their equipment was seized they need to set everything back up which takes a few days.

So what if they have only a mobile number for contact many well established restaurants and real estate companies are the same i really dont see how this affects anyone.

One more thing....YOUR ARE IN BEAUTIFUL SPAIN WITH AMAZING COUNTRYSIDE GET OUT AND SEE IT INSTEAD OF WATCHING YOUR STUPID ENGLISH PROGRAMS ON TV!!!!WHY COME TO SPAIN FOR A DIFFERENT LIFE ONLY TO DO THE SAME THINGS YOU DID AT HOME!!!!STRANGE PEOPLE!

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por lauras187 Ver Mensaje
              Yes i agree its disgraceful after paying your fee that the tv was cut off (as was mine and 60,000 others) but i happen to know someone who works for telemicro and the source of blame lies with Torresatelit who knowing numbers were down for the year decided to nab Telemicro´s clients.

They squeeled to the police that Telemicro was not paying taxes which was untrue. Telemicro was in court Monday morning and produced all the relevant documents stating they were not an illegal company and that all taxes are paid to date. I had confirmation that the services of Telemicro will be reinstated by the end of the week as all their equipment was seized they need to set everything back up which takes a few days.

So what if they have only a mobile number for contact many well established restaurants and real estate companies are the same i really dont see how this affects anyone.

One more thing....YOUR ARE IN BEAUTIFUL SPAIN WITH AMAZING COUNTRYSIDE GET OUT AND SEE IT INSTEAD OF WATCHING YOUR STUPID ENGLISH PROGRAMS ON TV!!!!WHY COME TO SPAIN FOR A DIFFERENT LIFE ONLY TO DO THE SAME THINGS YOU DID AT HOME!!!!STRANGE PEOPLE!
              Who said we came to Spain for a different life? And if that's how you feel why bother letting everybody know what's happening with the English television system.
              Strange person.

Comentario

What an idiot

Comentario

As a side issue isn't it Telmicro not Telemicro?

Torresatelit is under new ownership and their prices have increased but no more than you would expect considering the channels they provide which have recently increased from 40 to 67. My point is that Torresatelit customers like myself have also had a wake up call we have lost all pay to view channels which includes most sky channels, BBC News 24 and Channel 4 (we do however have channel 4+1). Some of the channels have been replaced with Spanish channels some with other english channels.

As far as I am aware under the broadcasting cross boarder directive for the EU Torresatelit are no longer transmitting any illegal channels and should there not lose any more nor should they be shut down. As far as payment of taxes goes I know nothing about that apart from the fact that when Telmicro's main offices were shut down 500,000 Euro's in cash was ceased along with other documents. I leave you to assume why they would have such a large amount of cash in their offices and not in the bank!

Comentario

Miss Information

If there's one thing I have learned in my 3 years here it's to take 99% of what you are told with a pinch of salt, and ignore the rest. If the 60,000 punters number is correct then TM are running a 13.6 million Euro a year business with very low maintenance costs, so as well as them being (likely) willing to say ANYTHING to protect that business, there are others that are also (likely) going to say anything to get a slice of that business for themselves.

So what we are seeing now is rumour on rumour, he said / she said chinese whispers, information, misinformation and disinformation. In the fullness of time, things will become clearer as to whether the TM setup of last week was legal, the proof of that being (a) the service being restored and (b) the channel line-up if and when that service is restored.

If you need a soap fix, go to the UKNOVA web site or look for a Superbeam dish in your area and befriend the property owner as they are still getting the channels that most people seem to accept as free-to-air - two bottles of cheap wine should do the trick!! In the meantime, trust your eyes not your ears and remember that even if the dreaded E52 message is with us to stay there's ALWAYS a solution if you look hard enough!

One thing that is still making me chuckle is the guy banging out DVD's at El Zoco market containing the previous weeks soap episodes. Smart or what?

BTW the first 'promised' deadling of Wednesday is almost at an end - I've disconected my COSHIP box and had a CANAL+ one installed. Wish I'd done it years ago. Please post and let me know if TM are good to their word or not.

Comentario

TWF Constraints

Originalmente publicado por costaconvert Ver Mensaje
                      As a side issue isn't it Telmicro not Telemicro?

As far as I am aware under the broadcasting cross boarder directive for the EU Torresatelit are no longer transmitting any illegal channels and should there not lose any more nor should they be shut down.
                      As far as I am aware, TWF is specific to terrestrial broadcasts, a little vague on satellite brodcasts but very specific on encrypted broadcasts. Encrypted broadcasts - subscription or not - are excluded from any TWF legislation and therefore cannot be rebroadcast under that legislation. The rebroadcaster would need an agreement with the content owner to distribute their content.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por jimlafinca Ver Mensaje
                        As far as I am aware, TWF is specific to terrestrial broadcasts, a little vague on satellite brodcasts but very specific on encrypted broadcasts. Encrypted broadcasts - subscription or not - are excluded from any TWF legislation and therefore cannot be rebroadcast under that legislation. The rebroadcaster would need an agreement with the content owner to distribute their content.
                        But what the law means that if BBC want to rebroadcast their programming on the Coasta, they are allowed to, providing that they are not breaking any agreements with 3rd party (which they would be if they have only purchased a limited right).

If one law says that it is legal to cross the road, another may say that its illegal to cross the motorway.

Comentario

Road crossing

You're right there - we have an urb on one side of a CV road and a commercial centre on the other with bars etc. As the road has an unbroken white line at the side of it, anyone who crosses it is technically breaking the law. However, the Policia drive past people all the time and usually wave to people they recognise from our little village.

Using the BBC as an example brings an interesting point as although the Beeb create a lot of their content, some of it is licensed - MoTD as an example - an it is the licencees that need to approve changes in broadcast territory as well. MoTD has content licensed from the FA (Premiership) and the FA as a seperate agreement licensing the Premiership in Spain. If the Beeb WERE to ask to broadcast in Spain, then they'd probably need to remove the licensed content and we'd be left with something lighter (oh, I have just described BBC Prime which CAN be received here already). The license deal with the FA is also why you do not find MoTD on BBC iPlayer as it can be fooled into giving content outside the UK easily.

As I said, TWF is a little vague on non-encrypted 'free-to-air' stuff that's via satellite so receiving BBC through your own equipment directly from the satellite sits in a grey area. You'd be in breach of the T&C's of your FTA card though from Sky as this is forbidden in them, although again this is a civil rather than criminal offense so unlikely to attaract hordes of Interpol agents to your front door.

Retransmitting your signal to 60,000 others though could be frowned upon in some quarters though!!

Comentario

The Pubs

Originalmente publicado por jimlafinca Ver Mensaje
                            You're right there - we have an urb on one side of a CV road and a commercial centre on the other with bars etc. As the road has an unbroken white line at the side of it, anyone who crosses it is technically breaking the law. However, the Policia drive past people all the time and usually wave to people they recognise from our little village.

Using the BBC as an example brings an interesting point as although the Beeb create a lot of their content, some of it is licensed - MoTD as an example - an it is the licencees that need to approve changes in broadcast territory as well. MoTD has content licensed from the FA (Premiership) and the FA as a seperate agreement licensing the Premiership in Spain. If the Beeb WERE to ask to broadcast in Spain, then they'd probably need to remove the licensed content and we'd be left with something lighter (oh, I have just described BBC Prime which CAN be received here already). The license deal with the FA is also why you do not find MoTD on BBC iPlayer as it can be fooled into giving content outside the UK easily.

As I said, TWF is a little vague on non-encrypted 'free-to-air' stuff that's via satellite so receiving BBC through your own equipment directly from the satellite sits in a grey area. You'd be in breach of the T&C's of your FTA card though from Sky as this is forbidden in them, although again this is a civil rather than criminal offense so unlikely to attaract hordes of Interpol agents to your front door.

Retransmitting your signal to 60,000 others though could be frowned upon in some quarters though!!
                            I am quite sure that they will strike down on the largest pubs pretty soon. The reason is simple: If they shut them down and the destroy the people behind them, others will not DARE to break the law.

Yes, I too think the police has better things to do. I am not sure if they do. This is easy crime to handle. People might swear, but I doubt they fire shots.

Comentario

There is to be another official announcement from Telmicro any minute now on Sunshine FM 102.8
                              Editado por última vez por Fly; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/1990-fly en , 09:57:38. Razón: radio station

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X