• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Car hire

Hey

We're coming to Torre next week

We had provisionally booked a car hire online but had to cancel. We found that most of the hire companies advertised online require a credit card before you can take a hire, which we don't have.

My question is, do you know of any out there that accept a debit card or even cash and are reasonably priced? Obviously we are expecting to have to pay a deposit but we'd prefer to get something booked before we go out.

Thanks in advance

Originalmente publicado por UrbanLegend Ver Mensaje
    Hey

We're coming to Torre next week

We had provisionally booked a car hire online but had to cancel. We found that most of the hire companies advertised online require a credit card before you can take a hire, which we don't have.

My question is, do you know of any out there that accept a debit card or even cash and are reasonably priced? Obviously we are expecting to have to pay a deposit but we'd prefer to get something booked before we go out.

Thanks in advance
    Try Centauro

Centauro car hire - book your Centauro hire car the fast, easy and cheap way!

Or Record

Car Hire Spain - RECORD RENT A CAR - Car Rental Spain - Majorca, Alicante, Malaga, Tenerife, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote

I've used both of these and they are fine. I believe I may have used my LloydsTSB debit card as well.....

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por englishbullterrier Ver Mensaje
      Hi. Thanks for your very helpful information.

How much of a deposit were you required to leave if any?

Thanks

Comentario

I think the whole reant for 4 days for my Son was only about 70 Euros so they took the whole amount.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por englishbullterrier Ver Mensaje
          I think the whole reant for 4 days for my Son was only about 70 Euros so they took the whole amount.
          Thank you.

See you all in a week!!

First visit so hopefully all goes well.

Comentario

Centauro car hire state on there booking form that on collection you need to have your credit card, passport and driving licence (even as a gold card member). I connot say for any of the other as I always book via Centauro.

Comentario

I believe that all car hire companies require a credit card in case you do a runner and they can then charge your card with the insurance excess.

Comentario

car hire

Before we moved here permanently I used DieselCars.com from what I remember you pay on collection it was cheap and efficient no fancy offices they have a "butty type wagon" on the top level of Alicante Airport and if there is noone there when you return you simply post the keys and the carpark ticket into a cutout box on the van

Comentario

You need also to check if they have all the legal requirements IE: Red triangles, safty jackets and replacement lightbulbs because if you are stopped you can be fined for each missing item, that is why we use Centauro.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por pickers Ver Mensaje
                    You need also to check if they have all the legal requirements IE: Red triangles, safty jackets and replacement lightbulbs because if you are stopped you can be fined for each missing item, that is why we use Centauro.

That may not be strictly true,a friend of mine was pulled by the Gaurdia in a hire car,she was issued with two tickets,no documents.No triangles,Hi vis jackets etc.Total €165.The Gaurdia told her to hand them to the hire company which she did.
                    Maybe the authourities are trying to force car hire companies to provide all legal requirements.

Lets face it you are pulled in a hire car for any offence other than moving traffic offence or parking etc,you refuse to pay the fine,they impound the vehicle,so what phone the hire company and get a replacement.

Comentario

Argue with the Gaurdia if you wish but I would sooner try to be legal. Maybe if she had had all the relevant requirements she would have saved herself a load of hassle and upfront expenses and possible problems claiming the money back from the hire company.
                      Editado por última vez por pickers; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/575-pickers en , 19:47:44.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por pickers Ver Mensaje
                        Argue with the Gaurdia if you wish but I would sooner try to be legal. Maybe if she had had all the relevant requirements she would have saved herself a load of hassle and upfront expenses and possible problems claiming the money back from the hire company.
                        She had no hassle she handed over the two tickets when she returned the car,the hire company accepted them,the Guardia did not give her the option to pay the fine.

Comentario

If your car is impounded, I doubt the hirecar firm will give you another one.

Comentario

Im not 100% but I think that jackets, triangels etc are not the drivers responsibilty in case of hirecars. You have a rental contract which works as the car paperwork (mot, insurance etc) I think thats why they didnt ask her for the money. The fine was probably not even in her name.

Comentario

I think you are quite right that they are the resposability of the hire company, but if you make sure that they are in the car to start with and you get stopped by the Gaurdia you may avoid any hassle with them as they may just feel like giving you some grief (we all know that they can). If the car is impounded and lets say you are 100K from home do you want the problems of sorting out cars with the hire company or arranging how to get back.
                              Editado por última vez por pickers; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/575-pickers en , 15:45:24.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X