Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Medical Care

Although fully legal and paying all taxes etc in Valencia, I am not allowed access to the Spanish Health System, being under retirement age and on an occupational pension.

I thought I would start this thread to see if anyone had any recommendations regarding private doctors who charge a reasonable professional fee.

I have heard of one such from Peru who has a properly constituted practice behind the Orihuela Costa town hall at Playa Flamenca for example but no other details.

Did you get your entitlement to 2 free years by going through the E106 route yet ?

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Cornish lady Ver Mensaje
      Although fully legal and paying all taxes etc in Valencia, I am not allowed access to the Spanish Health System, being under retirement age and on an occupational pension.

I thought I would start this thread to see if anyone had any recommendations regarding private doctors who charge a reasonable professional fee.

I have heard of one such from Peru who has a properly constituted practice behind the Orihuela Costa town hall at Playa Flamenca for example but no other details.
      When you say you are paying ALL taxes, are you actually paying into the social system by working and paying tax or just paying your tax on the money you have and are receiving interest on? If you are working and paying tax that way, you are covered. If not, you are covered up until December this year then in January they are going to announce the amount you will have to pay into the system to receive full medical cover. They say it's going to be a affordable amount. (This is for early retirees)

Comentario

Thank you for the interesting replies.

I have not examined the E106 method yet.

No, I no longer need to work as my occupational pension is quite adequate.
        From what you are saying, Valencian health cover is good until 31/12/08 and then they are set to make a new announcement regarding early retirees such as myself. I am only in my early 50's. I pay the usual IBI tax etc. which is handled by my accountant. I have Residencia, the Padron etc.

Is there a website referring to this information please that anyone might know of ? I speak reasonable Spanish should the website be in that language only.

This might be a good place to record good doctors obtainable privately as well.

Comentario

Thank you for the interesting replies.

I have not examined the E106 method yet.

No, I no longer need to work as my occupational pension is quite adequate.
          From what you are saying, Valencian health cover is good until 31/12/08 and then they are set to make a new announcement regarding early retirees such as myself. I am only in my early 50's. I pay the usual IBI tax etc. which is handled by my accountant. I have Residencia, the Padron etc.

Is there a website referring to this information please that anyone might know of ? I speak reasonable Spanish should the website be in that language only.

This might be a good place to record good doctors obtainable privately as well.

If you email Bill at billandpeta@gmail.com if will add you onto his email list and keep you up to date with what is happening with early retirees and medical. Or if you give me your email address I can forward all the emails he has sent me, up to you.

Comentario

I suggest you pay privately and personally recommend Aegon insurance.We Ise Gema at Central clinic(behind fountains in town) and have always received excellent service. Personally I feel this should be a requirement for amyone moving permanently to Spain therefore not clogging up the waiting lists and lengthening the wait times for the Spanish. If the I'm had been more forceful with this there would have been reduced wait times over the years and inevitably lives saved.

Comentario

CLARIFICATION ON FREE HEALTHCARE IN VALENCIA
              Press release 2 July 2008

Following discussions between the British Embassy in Madrid and the Valencia Health Authorities some important aspects of the withdrawal of circular 1/2002 and its replacement with the new law "Ley de Aseguramiento Sanitario", which deals with changes in provision of healthcare in Valencia , have been clarified

Some UK nationals living in Valencia are affected by this, including early retirees who are not paying Spanish National Insurance contributions.

The main points are that:

The system is set to change. In the future, anyone will be able to access state-run healthcare by paying a monthly quota. The Valencia Health Authorities aim to implement this new system by the start of 2009. The final monthly amount has not been decided, but we are told that it will be 'reasonable and affordable'. There will be no discrimination against customers with pre-existing conditions.
              Anyone holding a valid SIP card that had been obtained via an "extension a demanda", or as it is more commonly known, 'The Newcastle Letter', on the 6th June 2008 will continue to have cover until 15th January 2009. If the scheme is implemented before 15th January 2009, the Health Agency reserves the right to terminate people's free cover. They will write out to customers at least 3 months before doing this. If you have changed address, please make sure that you inform the health authorities or "Conselleria de Sanitat" so that they can contact you should they need to.
              · Anyone who renewed their SIP card before 6 June 2008 will have the full 12 months cover until the card expires, e.g. if you renewed your card or joined the scheme in May, you will have cover until May 2009.The only condition to this cover is that you do not have entitlement by any other means. For example, if you are in receipt of UK State Pension or long-term incapacity benefit, this could be that you are entitled to an E121). If you have been in Spain less than two-and-a-half years and have a full UK National Insurance contributory record for the three years preceding the date you stopped paying into the system you may be entitled to an E106. You should also find out whether you can become a dependant on one of these forms. For more information on the forms E121 and E106, visit DWP - Services and benefits - A to Z - EEA Agreement

· In order to find out if you can become a dependant on one of these forms, you should go to a Spanish Social Security office (in Spanish, Instituto Nacional de la Seguri dad Social or INSS) in which the person you intend to become a dependent of registered their form. If they are satisfied you qualify as a dependant, they will contact the Department Work and Pensions in the UK to request the issue of a dependent E-Form. A dependant is typically a wife, husband or child, but the INSS will provide detailed information on who they consider to be a dependant.

· If you experience any problems getting treatment and you fall into the categories above, you should call the regional health authority or "Conselleria de Sanitat" on 900 662 000 (13.00 - 15.00).

· People without sufficient economic means may be considered for free healthcare. However, the application process is much more rigorous now. You will have to be under the threshold according to Spanish Social Security Legislation and fulfill a number of other requirements. If you think that you may qualify, contact the "Conselleria de Sanitat" in Valencia .

· Until the new system comes into effect, all British nationals whose cards ran out prior to 6th June and did not renew them, and those planning to move to the region of Valencia and do not qualify for free healthcare, should consider private health insurance until the new legislation comes into force.

· When the new system comes into force, new applicants will be allowed onto the public health system and old customers will be able to renew their card.

The British Embassy is still working closely with the Valencia Authorities. Once there are clearer instructions on how the private policy will work and when it will come into force, this will be communicated both by the Valencia Health Agency and the British Embassy.

Comentario

Thank you for the responses. I will get in touch with the email address given. many thanks

Comentario

E106

If you paid NI contributions in the UK (and you must have paid them in your own right) over the last 2 years all you have to do is contact the DWP in Newcastle have alook at the website for the contact details.

It is very simple they send you 2 forms one for each year you take them to the Socail Security office as you live in Playa Flamenca it will be in Orihuela they stamp the copy you take it to Cabo Roig Health Centre and you are registered with a doctor quite simple once you know what to do you are issued with a paper SIP card until your plastic one arrives sometime in the future

On the other hand if you have a partner who is over retirement age he may be able to claim you as a dependant likewise you need to talk to the DWP about form E121 not every dependant is eligible
                  Editado por última vez por GAL; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2530-gal en , 14:23:26.

Comentario

I'm sure if you're paying spanish taxes (social security) in spain then there is no way that they can refuse you access to the spanish health system, you just need to get the slip of paper that confirms (I think it's the IRPF) and then take that with your padrón to the local health centre and they'll give you your card.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por sunshinegal Ver Mensaje
                      I'm sure if you're paying spanish taxes (social security) in spain then there is no way that they can refuse you access to the spanish health system, you just need to get the slip of paper that confirms (I think it's the IRPF) and then take that with your padrón to the local health centre and they'll give you your card.
                      Cornishlady doesn't work and therefore doesn't pay into the social system. She is an early retiree who has been affected by the withdrawal of health care in the Valencian region.

Comentario

Sunshinegal, paying taxes is not the same as paying into the Social Security system. I have been paying my taxes here on my income for nearly five years, but as a person who took early retirement will not be entitled to the free health service after 2008.

I did take out private health care when I first came to Spain.

Roy

Comentario

I use Asssa for a full private medical insurance and the girl who works in their office at La Zenia is fantastic, really helpful, she is really good has been an absolute star for me goes above and beyond the call of duty her name is Katrin. If you spoke to her I am sure she would be able to help you.

HTH

Mel

Comentario

Trabajando...
                          X