Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Restaurant at Playa Flamenca

I'm hungry and just finished working. Could anyone recommend a good restaurant in the Playa Flamenca area. If I wanted fish and chips, I'd gone to King Cod or Spud Murphys, I'm talking about a decent kitchen that give you a proper quality meal!

I know I'm probably a bit late for your meal today but for the future you should try The Papaya Tree Chinese/Thai Restaurant. Its an up market restaurant with classy decor and absolutely delicious food and wonderful staff I should know, one is my Son, just walk through the alleyway from King Cod and its on your righthand side. Hope you enjoy.

Comentario

Get yourself up to the Witchery upstairs in the commercial centre ...........spot on nosh

Comentario

Kopi German bar and restaurant.
        Flamenca Beach Commercial Centre.
        Worth keeping in mind for future reference. Excellent fare.

Comentario

Life at Cabo Roig

Was ok. I'll write proper report when finnished Bushwacking!

Comentario

Kopi, excellent food and beer.

Papaya tree, really nice.

The Witchery, I have never eaten such ostentatious overpriced rubbish in all of my life and will never visit again, just my opinion of course.

You could also try Maritao's kitchen which is always packed, a recommendation in itself of course.

Leonardo's the Italian restaurant comes highly recommended but we have not had the opportunity to ty this yet.

Also visited Chevaliers quite often and was it very consistant, excellent food and portions but the last time we went it was not up to the previous standards and very few diners, I think the burnt out bar next door will have had an effect.

Comentario

How it all went...

I ended up at the Life restaurant at Cabo Roig. A bit further away than I planned, but you can blame the German sausage lady at Punta Prima for managing to sell me a very good sausage postponing my dinner 2-3 hours.

I started with a spicy tomato soup. It was ok, but I think they forgot the spice. Also, it is a dish that requires black pepper, and the pepper that was on my table was the kind that has been standing on the table for 3-4 years that no one eats because they know its so filled with humidity and shit that you rather eat sand from the street. They should have provided fresh black pepper, and perhaps a kept their word and made it Spicy. The soup was thick and had elements of tomato in it, however i doubt that it was made from scratch and that it was semi fabricated with some fresh tomato (or boxed) in it. I'll rate it 3 of 10.

I continued with a fillet steak and asked for it to be medium raw (some prefer to call it medium minus). It came with two boxed mushrooms and 13 grams of onion and a whole lot of chips. I also order the mushroom saus, but missed that I would have to order vegetables on the side. May just be me used to everything being included in the price, or expecting the waitress to suggest some as she suggested the saus.

The fillet was brilliant. Cooked to perfection. The chips was as usually everywhere, dry, boring and overcooked. Way to much of it. I think it would have been good having been offered boiled or jacket potatoes instead, or even rice. I can't blame the restaurant for me not ordering vegetables, however not having them did not make the meal feel proper. The mushroom saus was not worth it, it did not taste mushroom at all, even tough there where some boxed mushrooms in it. I would rate the steak 9 of 10, but the total meal only scores 5 of 10.

The service I got was good. However I would have fired the waitresses if I owned the place. A family of 5 left because they where unattended, and the same for a couple when the staff seemed to be more interested in whispering and giggling, standing on the back side of the door, doing something (I did not check what!). I would rate the service 4 of 10.

I had a small cola and a pint of lager with this meal. The cola just when I got seated, and the beer to the meal. The total cost was 31,40 and I rounded up to 35 to include some tip. The price was perhaps a bit high, but it was about what I expected to pay. I would rate the price 6 of 10.

The restaurant was clean and nice. Interior looked nice and minimalistic. Even with a wider choice of good restaurants (there are MANY bad ones) I think I could have entered this one even in a city like Paris or Barcelona. The restaurant also had a lounge with live band and a good crowd.

My over all impression and experience is 4 of 10.

After the meal, I went to a pub called The Bushwacker. I've eaten there before, and overall it was a better experience.

Comentario

Maritao's kitchen is very good

Spuds - 10/10

The other Chinese (forget the name) - very good compared to others

I would though avoid eating anywhere downstairs with what I can only describe as a cockroach hell going on.

Best food I have had in the area was The Square or Fusion (RIP).

Comentario

Hi,we had a good meal at Goodfella,s and round at the front facing the sea is Sunrise,always great there.

Comentario

Now that is what I call a Restaraunt review! Photos of every course, a photo of a fork full of steak about to be devoured! Even (horror of horrors) a picture of the bill - I almost felt that I was there!

Next time you go can you get a couple of pictures of the desserts?

Maybe the wine list.

Comentario

35 euros for a meal ! I wish I was in your league ! My limit is usually 10/11 euros !

signed: 'broke in Spain'

Comentario

I had a meal in "La fina boca" the other day.
                        Its very close to teh Hotel Masa Adress is Avda Alfred Nobel 155.

Very good food and nice staff. Good place to go if your hungry, cuz the portions are big.

Its owned by a Belgian chef who has a few awards. Very good for familys as well. Children menu for 5 €

And its not very expensive either.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                        X