X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• All Things Television

As suggested by Tangobrian.

If we put everything on one television thread, we should be able to find the answers we want a lot quicker.

Telmicro, Torresat etc. any news, good, bad or indifferent.

If it works, it could make this easier for us to find our way around the site.

All television queries on this one thread.

If the thread gets too big, (a success) we can always start a Television 2.

Originalmente publicado por J J Ver Mensaje
    As suggested by Tangobrian.

If we put everything on one television thread, we should be able to find the answers we want a lot quicker.

Telmicro, Torresat etc. any news, good, bad or indifferent.

If it works, it could make this easier for us to find our way around the site.

All television queries on this one thread.

If the thread gets too big, (a success) we can always start a Television 2.
    Very good idea, but I've nothing to report, just waiting for Monday's announcement.

Comentario

What a good idea...

OK so I'll just simply add the following to avert some of the accusations that have been thrown around by certain 'posters'...

I post on this forum as Mikea...I do not and have not used any aliases!

I respect the wishes of individuals to choose who, how and when they wish to view television and albeit I have a vested interest in ELTEL.TV my beliefs about individual freedom do and will remain sacrosanct.

However, when it comes to a corporate scenario with ELTEL.TV paying substantial programme licensing rights to transmit the same in Spain, the corporate line will clearly (and I think understandably) seek to cause any unlicensed person or company transmitting or re-broadcasting without the proven authority to cease. This may cause certain people to mock and sneer but this is a purely commercial view and one that will be absolutely necessary for the operation to prosper and provide a robust, reliable, quality and legal service...

and from this you will deduce that things are still progressing with ELTEL.TV

Mikea
      info@eltel.tv

Comentario

This is a good idea and tidies up this rather disjointed forum which inclines towards nastiness. Thank you.

I note that the Round Town News has thrown down the gauntlet to Telmicro in an article marked 'Come on Telmicro Tell us the truth'

Come on Telmicro Tell us The Truth!�-�RTN Costa Blancas Free Newspaper - Round Town News

Comentario

Last evening, I went to the Orihuela Costa 'End of Summer' party. There was a stall their with two representatives of TorreSat in attendance. I spoke with one the them. Accepting a 'company line' I was told TorreSat, one of whose directors is a Spanish Councillor in Pilar Municipality, do not expect Telmicro to return. TorreSat are increasing their initial contract fee from 190 to 250 euros with effect Monday 15th September together with a monthly fee of 20 euros but are no longer re broadcasting Sky Channels with the exception of Sky News which is free to air. TorreSat intend to expand in due course taking in telephone and broadband provision. I asked them if they were fully legal and was informed that if they were not, the authorities could have easily 'raided' them as their office was above the SUMA office and right alongside the Orihuela Costa Town Hall which contained units of both the Policia Local and the Guardia Civil. For information.

Comentario

There are some new threads on Telmicro Levante postings that might be of interest?

Comentario

Wondered if you would be interested in this from another forum, it only really tells you what we already know and not much else:-

‘If you are subscribed to companies providing re-broadcast service of Sky TV and other British channels such as Swiss Cable, be prepared for their removal in the very near future.

Action has been taken by Canal Digital over the showing of football and films for which they have paid the rights to show in Spain. Services have already disappeared in the south (TeleMicro and Nortons) and the clampdown is expected to hit the northern Costa Blanca very soon. This obviously affects Sky Sports and Sky Movies and it is expected to affect BBC, ITV and Channel 4 and any re-broadcast channels that show football or movies for which Canal Digital have paid the rights.

Legal eagles working on behalf of companies involved in the rebroadcasting of these channels confirm that to do so for gain is considered an act of piracy and copywrite theft unless you have agreements to re-broadcast. The BBC and Channel 4 have confirmed that nobody in Spain has the rights to re-broadcast their content and they will take legal measures to prevent any unauthorised re-broadcast of their content.

Those who receive a direct signal via huge dish won't be affected - although BSkyB have 'reminded' subscribers that anyone who has bought their Sky systems in the UK to use in other countries will have breached their contract with BSkyB and the service will be terminated ... although a spokesman admitted that the company has no way of tracking where an individual box is, so it can only act when the name and address of a card holder is given to them.’

With the removal of Sky Channels the only decent content left are the BBC,ITV,C4/5 programs,these are free to air or free to view if you have a big enough dish to receive them. However rebroadcasting of these channels for gain is considered an act of piracy and copywrite theft unless you have agreements to re-broadcast. Our lawyers in the UK have contacted BBC and Channel 4 and they have stated that nobody in Spain has the rights to re-broadcast their content and they will take legal measures to prevent any unauthorised re-broadcast of their content. ITV and C5 were unable to comment but promised to reply soon.

Further investigation into why Sky was pulled from re-broadcasters not just here but in the Northern Costa Blanca revealed that action was taken by Canal Digital and that all the Companies involved had known about this for some time.

Their main complaints were over the showing of football and films for which they had paid the rights to show in Spain. As BBC,ITV and Channel5 show live football,I believe that Canal Digital will not be happy with just the removal of Sky Channels and there is the possibilty of a second wave calling for the removal of all channels that show football or movies for which Canal Digital have paid the rights.

Another concern is that of the frequencies being used by rebroadcast companies to deliver their programs,most rebroadcasters will claim to have licenses to broadcast etc but the reality is they only have CMT registrations, there are no available licenses to rebroadcast,all broadcast licenses were sold on a national level for millions of euros. A large chunk of the 2GHz band has been sold to Telecos for mobile internet and 3G services,and we forsee problems for rebroadcasters using these frequencies without licenses.Some rebroadcasters use the 10Ghz band,the only licenses permitted in this band are for specific point to point links,with each link having its own license,therefore the only legal way for a rebroadcaster to use this frequency band would be to have a license for every client,not really viable as each license can cost several thousand euros !

Taken from a satellite forum

Comentario

Telmicro announcement??

OK, I give in. Where's the official announcement from Telmicro?

Think it's adios Telmicro.

Comentario

I was just thinking the same and perhaps somewhat ironically, Canal + have completed a massive leaflet drop around here today ! Post boxes, publicidad boxes brimming with Canal + flyers.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por JulieN Ver Mensaje
                    I was just thinking the same and perhaps somewhat ironically, Canal + have completed a massive leaflet drop around here today ! Post boxes, publicidad boxes brimming with Canal + flyers.
                    Sounds like its all happening.?
                    Shut down the redistributors of Sky , BBC ,ITV etc and then announce that Canal+ have English football , films etc.
                    Only a matter of time ????????????/

Comentario

Yes, quite. Canal + seem to be offering quite a lot according to the flyer including top sports events not that those interest me personally. The bulk of the leaflet is in Spanish but there is a small English language section. They mention free installation and a 6 euro inscription (?) fee as of 2009. I can't afford to spend out more just to see it all wasted again so am just watching at the moment. There are better things to spend ones money on than TV.

Comentario

Telmicro News !!

Now it´s 4pm, and still no message posted on www.telmicro.es.
                        We´re waiting !!??!??

Comentario

Were can I buy a dish

Everywhere I look I see people offering full installations, but I only want to buy a new dish.
                          I'm only looking for a 1.5m offset dish (not prime focus) and have the technical ability to install it myself. If anyone knows a good supplier in the area who stocks these please let me know.

Thanks, Ian.

Comentario

tv

costablancatechnology.com

Comentario

Nothing new there then eh! Canal+ bought rights to sky some months back
                              is it them who have caused all this bovver!!!!

Ian have a look on the other Torrevieja forum I'm sure I read something about satellite dishes this morning

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X