Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Developer running over

Default Developer running over

Hi, my complete date in July 2005 but I have now been told that the developer has not got planning but is re-submitting plans and hopes to get it sometime in 2005.

I somehow do not think he will be finished in July - do I have any comeback??
    thanks
    Helen

Depends on the developer - He may give your money back, may offer you another propoerty if he has other developments. As the market is not so boyant (so he can't find other buyers), he may not offer you anything.
    Don't think many people have succeeded in suing etc. although the authorities are supposed to be tighteneing up enforcement of the regulations.

Stoney - think you are talking Los Balcones - I have been told that it could take months/years for the permission. Which phase were you originally? Hope you get this message,.......

Sorry Stoney....remembered this but couldnt find it - have you read keithBT's - re Los Balcones - here's an excerpt:

'
    IS THIS RUMOUR TRUE ? I'm talking about the road that runs from the N332 at Mar Azul up past the new hospital site towards the M-way and San Miguel. I noticed this month that loads of trees have been cut down and at least 6 large etablished villas in nice plots between the two roundabouts have gone up for sale. I got speaking to a guy at the El Balcon bar and he reckoned the little service roads each side of the main carriageway and the verges with the trees were going, in order to put thru a dual carriageway!!
    This seems a great pity as it will generate more traffic to reach the M-way plus more traffic to the hospital when built.

Does anyone else know anything I wonder? all thoughts/ replies gratefully recieved'

If you are talking Colinas del Largo, Los Balcones, we signed up for phase 1 in March 2003 with completion June 2004. Went to look in June 2004 not started, after pressure was offered alternative as they did not know when it would go ahead. Swapped to a partly built house which is now ready.

Default Developer running over

Hi Helen, Can you ring me eithr at home or on my mobile
    Regards, Eddie

morbob - some friends of ours were phase 3(!!) their completion was Jan/Feb 05 - the builder seems to just be giving out different completion dates at will for Colinas Del Lago - where did you choose as an alternative?

Hi Tornado we selected a one at Bosque de las Lomas mainly because it was built apart from the finishing off and we were sick of waiting. Should be coming out sometime in January to take it over.
    If your friends are in this situation and have parted with some money the only way to make progress is to become a pest and constantly ask what is happening.

Stoney, I agree entirely that's what I did - our phase is after theirs! He uis just far too nice! We went to see a property where you have now located to -just literally over the road - - it was on the 3rd floor and we wanted just 2 floors. I too like the area - one of the plus points is the fact that the area is built up but at least u know what u are getting. Ours wont be finished until towards end of 05 - sounds like yours will be ready b4 then. Are you going out to live or is it just a holiday home?

Tornado if you mean me and not stoney. Yes ours is ready just waiting for letter then to arrange to go out to take possession. We are buying as a holiday home, do not think I could leave England for good, usually I am ready to go home after a week but thought it might be different having your own house to live in while on holiday. hope so otherwise it will be visits of a week at a time.

Marcadores