Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• cleaning services

we are moving to villamartin next feb im looking at relocating my existing business from the uk comprising of both commercial and domestic cleaning powerwashing window cleaning both traditional and water fed poles pressure washing gutter bin and conservatory cleaning and valeting

is there much competition in this field around the area

cleaner

I personally think that this area is more than well covered and have friends who run legitimate cleaning/pressure washing/ window cleaning businesses and they are all struggling to make ends meet in this current climate.
    I think (and this is my opinion as well as theirs) that when they first set out we were mostly new Urbanisations of people who had just come out and had money to spare to pay for such things. Rentals have not met most owners expectations and they in the main now get friends and neighbours to do the exit cleans or ask the renters themselves and as for windows and patio washing etc, they do it themselves when they come out more often than not.

As I say this is just one opinion and I would not like to put you off, maybe try advertising your services and see the response which could be a good indication to work on.

Comentario

cheers

many thanks for the reply thats what worried us prior to moving ie the current financial climate and competition

we were in villamartin a few weeks ago and there seemed to be changeover and cleaning adverts etc everywhere

cheers

Comentario

I agree that the area is more than well coverered with most trades.

For pressure washing etc, you will get people willing to pay no more than 10 euros an hour. Take off that your taxes etc and running costs, you may as well work in a bar!
        Again, just my opinion

Comentario

cheers

judging by the replies its seems competion for the work is more intense than the uk but -- living costs are marginally lower at the moment taxes not so high and the sun shines most of the year and people smile

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por thecleaner Ver Mensaje
            judging by the replies its seems competion for the work is more intense than the uk but -- living costs are marginally lower at the moment taxes not so high and the sun shines most of the year and people smile
            Competition is high for work. There is work around, people do smile and the sun shines............wouldn't swap it for the world.

I wish you good luck for next year in whatever you decide to do.

Comentario

hi mate after read yr other thread>>>and speaking from my own experiance beening self employed in spain is expencive unless yr buisness is realy doing well..u need residencia and padron which can take time unless you pay thro the nose. social sec payments is 250 euros a mth plus accountant cost plus you have to pay the 2nd tax up front all to gether there are 3 lots of taxes and if you have children needing going to school that also cost a bomb im not joking... feel free to contact me via e-mail and tell you about my experiance ..but dont be put off its a good life if you dont need to suport a family ...

Comentario

I couldn't agree more with all the posters on this thread I work for a compnay offering these services they do flexible contracts to stay afloat

I wouldn't swap my life here for the one I had in the UK though the one's who do all the moaning are those with time on their hands and nothing to do
                The good parts are
                Sunshine and smiles, everyone acknowledges each other whether they know you or not, you can walk the streets at night, leave your windows and doors open till late evening and it is still warm.

As for the padron & residencia it took me 5 weeks from start to finish I paid my solicitor to ensure when I went to the Ayuntameinto I had the correct papers and I was charged 40 euros which I consider excellent value if you need any help pm me on this one that is Orihuela Costa which is where Villamartin is under

Comentario

cleaner

I think that the most important part in all the answers to your query is the question do you have children and if so the financial backing if the business is not a success?

Good Companies do exist while the hobby/something to do type fall within months. Right again about the costs and tax implications of being self employed in Spain. Where self employed stamp in the U.K. was two pounds a week (left five years ago so this may have increased) it is as stated over two hundred and fifty euros a month here. The personal tax allowance is similar to the U.K. and unless/until your business is a success you should not have this to pay. However, the biggest bugbear is the I.V.A. similar to V.A.T but charged at 16% on services against the 17.5% in the U.K. This is to be paid on the first cent that you earn with no allowance unlike the U.K so say you earn a four hundred euros in the first month out of this you pay the Social Security (National Insurance Stamp) €250+ , €55.17 I.V.A and €63.33 (€190 a quarter) accountant fees. You can offset some paid out I.V.A. but you will need the factura with your C.I.F. (employment identification number). Out of your first €400 earnings you would receive approx €31.50! Not taking into account of course petrol, and cleaning materials or submitted I.V.A. receipts.

If you have a good business and money to fall back on you will succeed, many have and do but it is far from the easy street it used to be. Many friends with young children have had to return to the U.K. simply because there is too much competetion and little work in the winter even though we have the "golfers" arriving.

We have been in business here for four years and although the paperwork, lack of customer services etc, has baffled us at times and drove us to distraction at others we love it and rate it well above the life we had running a similar (but very much larger) business in the U.K.

There will be loads of advice on this site, let us know how you are getting on with your plans and hope that you succeed in them all.

Comentario

"you can walk the streets at night, leave your windows and doors open till late evening"

Thanks for that, I haven't laughed so much in ages.

Comentario

cleaning business vs kids fun pub

yes we have 3 children---3 ankle biters-the other option we were looking it was opening a fun pub with families in mind we have visited the area a dozen or so times over the last 2 years and are yet to find a bar that caters for families in a big way ie ball parks kids adults kareoke reglular djs live entertainment and big screen tv for sports somewhere for both adults and where they know kids will be entertained--like most we like a beer or ten but the kids get bored quick

any comments o

Comentario

kids fun pub

Yes really a big need for something like this but where that is the question as most bars on on/near roads or just not big enough. There are a couple around but nothing (that I know of) in the Villamartin/Los Dolces area. Hate to put the block on but the probable reason is the cost of bars in this area usually around 150,000 for the lease and anything between 1,200 and 3,000 euro a month rent depending on the size of the unit. Freehold premises are between 350,000 and knocking on a million Euros again depending on size.

Anybody know any different or any bargains/suitable premises going?

The same tax, social security and accountant fees apply so once again a lot of work for little gain. Also staff would all have to be on the books as speaking to my bar owning friends the authorities are getting keen on this and doing spot checks all over the area.

I do have many friends who have the wife and children out here full time and Dad (Male partner or whatever) continues to either work or run the business in the U.K. and comes out for long weekends. This seems to work fine for them although the flight costs are increasing all the time it seems.

Might be best to come out and rent for a while maybe in the summer holidays before cutting all ties and seeing what the work/school situation is, you don´t mention if you intend or have already bought but I presume not from your posts

Comentario

that option had crossed my mind ut im not sure how the other half would get on alone--kids would be fine but its a big move for her especially if i was not about --also yes it was our intention to rent for a year the house would have been sold in the uk by feb--can anyone recommend any 1/2 decent property agents --we will be in villamartin over xmas and the new year

Comentario

The problem with opening a bar is that it has be different. But there are bars that do live music, kareoke ect. I agree that to have a big outdoor area is costly. Most bars are limited to the area outside one unit or maybe two, of a commercial centre.

Licenses for outdoor music is very difficult if not impossible within an urbanisation. I'm not in the bar game but as a from an outsiders point of veiw, bars are only "busy busy" for 6 weeks a year.

Again, like the previous poster, don't want to put a downer on your ideas, but I do think you should come here for a least six months - some of that time in the busy summer and some in the quiter time - and take stock of whats going on.

As for property agents. I have in the past found Property Hounds very good. They are in the Villamartin Plaza (0034) 966 765 549
                            Editado por última vez por automart; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2682-automart en , 15:00:02.

Comentario

thecleaner
                              you might like to try
                              spanishrentalcentre 0034 636120144 who do rentals exclusively in Villamartin area hope this helps

Linda

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X