Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Child Benefit

I agree totally with reference to benefits, with one exception if you have paid into the NIC for 44 years, and that is 4 over the requirement, you are more than entitled to take retirement pension
    god knows there aren't many who actually work for that amount of years full time these days inthe UK

Quote Originally Posted by GAL View Post
    I agree totally with reference to benefits, with one exception if you have paid into the NIC for 44 years, and that is 4 over the requirement, you are more than entitled to take retirement pension
    god knows there aren't many who actually work for that amount of years full time these days inthe UK
    The rules have now changed its 30 years. 44 years went a while ago. We was surprised when we got our pension forecast from the government to told we have 30/30 and we would get our full pensions.
    golfer25

Went to a seminar in Torrevieja yesterday held by the DWP and the British Consulate and from the information given you are entitled to child benefit when moving to Spain

If you intend to live in Spain you must be aware you will be a benefit cheat if you claim and the government are clamping down.
    Sorry no benefits if you are resident in another country only folk entitled to government money are retirement pensioners
    That is not correct. Go to the British counsel site, it explains other benefits other than pension that you will be entitled to receive in Spain including long term incapacity benefits and child allowance if you follow the correct procedure

Well take it up with DWP and British Consulate their paper work is incorrect. I can if you wish fax the per to you??

I think it is 30 years now

As a correction to all the above, a family can claim child benifit IF the father, or adopting father is over 65 and that applies to child tax credits also

Default Child Benefit

Legally No. It´s surprising though how many people are still claiming though using an address in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Trish The Fish View Post
    Legally No. It´s surprising though how many people are still claiming though using an address in the UK.
    If you know who's claiming why don't you report them? Apparently it's easily done now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisdee View Post
    If you know who's claiming why don't you report them? Apparently it's easily done now.

Why bother.................. what have the UK government ever done for us. Besides, they'll only use the money saved to pay for an MP's second home furnishings, or an expensive lunch.

Call me a cynic if you like, but thats the way the UK has made me. People call the Spanish corrupt, the UK is no better. Why report someone who is probably in desperate need of the cash, and take away a possible lifeline, so that some MP can fiddle a bit more on his expenses claim.

You pay into the system all your working life, but as soon as you leave the country your "childens" entitlement stops, yet some illegal immigrant with 15 kids can enter the UK under the guise of "asylum seeker" and start claiming it straight away.

What is that commandment "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" ? To me that means screw the government before they screw you

Marcadores