Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

Originalmente publicado por GAL Ver Mensaje
    I agree totally with reference to benefits, with one exception if you have paid into the NIC for 44 years, and that is 4 over the requirement, you are more than entitled to take retirement pension
    god knows there aren't many who actually work for that amount of years full time these days inthe UK
    I think it is 30 years now

Comentario

As a correction to all the above, a family can claim child benifit IF the father, or adopting father is over 65 and that applies to child tax credits also

Comentario

Child Benefit

Legally No. It´s surprising though how many people are still claiming though using an address in the UK.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Trish The Fish Ver Mensaje
          Legally No. It´s surprising though how many people are still claiming though using an address in the UK.
          If you know who's claiming why don't you report them? Apparently it's easily done now.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Chrisdee Ver Mensaje
            If you know who's claiming why don't you report them? Apparently it's easily done now.

Why bother.................. what have the UK government ever done for us. Besides, they'll only use the money saved to pay for an MP's second home furnishings, or an expensive lunch.

Call me a cynic if you like, but thats the way the UK has made me. People call the Spanish corrupt, the UK is no better. Why report someone who is probably in desperate need of the cash, and take away a possible lifeline, so that some MP can fiddle a bit more on his expenses claim.

You pay into the system all your working life, but as soon as you leave the country your "childens" entitlement stops, yet some illegal immigrant with 15 kids can enter the UK under the guise of "asylum seeker" and start claiming it straight away.

What is that commandment "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" ? To me that means screw the government before they screw you

Comentario

recieving child benifits

hi all i wonder if someone could help me??i have been living in spain for 6 years now and just had a baby!! the spanish social are refusing to pay me out any money at all they say i am not entitled to anything

is it possible anyway that i can recieve money from the british government seens as both parents are british??

Comentario

child benefit

I am not 100% sure but as far as I am aware unless you have been paying into the Spanish Social Security system then no, they are not going to pay you anything for any claim you may make.

As for the U.K. (again not 100%) if you are living there at the time of the babies birth you can claim child benefit but not if you are living abroad even if that is an European country such as Spain.

It may be an idea to check on the u.k. benefit websited (does anyone on here know the address please) and get the phone number so you can get the correct information.

Congratulations on the birth of your baby by the way.

Comentario

child benifits

i paid into the system around 2 years ago in an old job but for the past 1 year i worked not on a contract
                  i have a social security number and proof of what i paid in ?? dont no if this will make a difference

Comentario

it makes me sick when im a british citizen and not entitled to a penny
                    illegal immigrants get all sorts of pay outs!!!! not very fair

Comentario

benefit

Lauren go to the SS office and ask I know you have to pay in 15 years to get a pension

As for the UK try the DWP website

Comentario

As with age related benefits, if you don't get it before you left the UK, you won't get it after. Even if you were getting benefits when you left, the exportability unit at the DWP will take months to reinstate any payments once you have left. All the joys of being an expat.

Comentario

its not a pension im after its child benifits which my child should be entitled too seens as she is british surely either the spanish government or the british government has to pay out ????

Comentario

child benefit

Hi Lauren

Looking at the English site for works and pensions (this covers child and other benefits) it would appear that if the child is not born in the U.K. (unless it is to parents living in the U.K but on a short holiday of course) then they are not entitled to child benefit. This I realise is wrong when other´s not born in the Country or making any financial contribution can claim but it does seem to be the case. There may be others on this site who can hopefully state differently.

As far as getting anything from the Spanish Social System goes I have a little more knowledge as I have been paying in for a number of years. You need to be up to date, as in paying in when you make a claim otherwise the answer will be no. I have never claimed anything but have been told that you need to have been paying for a minumum two years without a break and yes twelve years for a pension.

I suggest that you look at the website for further information to see if that is any help

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por lauren freeman Ver Mensaje
                              its not a pension im after its child benifits which my child should be entitled too seens as she is british surely either the spanish government or the british government has to pay out ????
                              The government invests in a childs future hoping that it will become a productive member of society and therefore repay that investment, why therefore should a government invest in a child that won't repay to the society that invests in it. So you cannot expect the British Government to invest in children who live overseas.

Comentario

As I have said before I left Uk 7 years ago with an 11 year old, being honest I let them know that I was leaving the UK for Spain, my Family Allowance was stopped. So therefore I presume it is not legal to claim from here.
                                Editado por última vez por jacksan; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2538-jacksan en , 16:20:48.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                                X