X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Child Benefit

Hello All.
    We are moving to Spain (Torrevieja) in the new year, can some one help me . Can we still get child benefit even though we will be living in Spain.
    Thanks in advance.

Golfer25

If you intend to live in Spain you must be aware you will be a benefit cheat if you claim and the government are clamping down.
    Sorry no benefits if you are resident in another country only folk entitled to government money are retirement pensioners

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por golfer2536 Ver Mensaje
      Hello All.
      We are moving to Spain (Torrevieja) in the new year, can some one help me . Can we still get child benefit even though we will be living in Spain.
      Thanks in advance.

Golfer25
      This may HELP you.

Elliot

Comentario

child benifit

As far as I understand it (correction please if I am wrong) you can claim child benefit if you move to Spain as it is a qualifiying Country. I think that you would have to be claiming this before you move from the U.K. though

Comentario

My children are way past the child benefit stage (other than they see me as their beneactor)
          However there was a lot of newspaper talk recently about Poles claiming in UK for their children back in Poland. What became clear is that you can claim - but for the country rate. you are living in.

Dont know how much in Spain but would bet it aint as much as 'Treasure Island'

Comentario

thank you for all your assistance. I would not CHEAT the system, that why I asked!. I am retiring, but my daughter and grandson will be coming to live and hopefully work full time in Spain. thanks again
            golfer25

Comentario

moved to spain over 3years ago and when i asked in uk about child benefit and claim,ing for it in spain iwas told that i could not claim .once living in spain i received a letter from them stating the same

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por deniseatnycs Ver Mensaje
                As far as I understand it (correction please if I am wrong) you can claim child benefit if you move to Spain as it is a qualifiying Country. I think that you would have to be claiming this before you move from the U.K. though
                I think you will find you are wrong. I came out 7 years ago and informed Child Benefit and it was stopped, so unless it has changed, I would say you are not entitled to it.

Comentario

child benifit

Would seem that we are all right as you can claim if the following applies but in many cases of course it will not.

Taken from the Government website.

Child Benefit if you're living or working abroad
                  If you go abroad to live or work you may still be able to get Child Benefit. If you're only going abroad for less than eight weeks, you can carry on getting Child Benefit without doing anything further.....
                  If you move abroad permanently
                  If you're going abroad permanently, or expect to be away for more than 52 weeks, you won't qualify for Child Benefit unless both of the following apply:
                  you are moving to an EEA country or Switzerland
                  you are paying UK NICs or receiving a UK National Insurance-related benefit
                  EEA countries are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.

Comentario

Lived over in Spain for 5 years, we gave up the right to expect anything from UK government.

Comentario

I agree totally with reference to benefits, with one exception if you have paid into the NIC for 44 years, and that is 4 over the requirement, you are more than entitled to take retirement pension
                      god knows there aren't many who actually work for that amount of years full time these days inthe UK

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por GAL Ver Mensaje
                        I agree totally with reference to benefits, with one exception if you have paid into the NIC for 44 years, and that is 4 over the requirement, you are more than entitled to take retirement pension
                        god knows there aren't many who actually work for that amount of years full time these days inthe UK
                        The rules have now changed its 30 years. 44 years went a while ago. We was surprised when we got our pension forecast from the government to told we have 30/30 and we would get our full pensions.
                        golfer25

Comentario

Went to a seminar in Torrevieja yesterday held by the DWP and the British Consulate and from the information given you are entitled to child benefit when moving to Spain

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por GAL Ver Mensaje
                            If you intend to live in Spain you must be aware you will be a benefit cheat if you claim and the government are clamping down.
                            Sorry no benefits if you are resident in another country only folk entitled to government money are retirement pensioners
                            That is not correct. Go to the British counsel site, it explains other benefits other than pension that you will be entitled to receive in Spain including long term incapacity benefits and child allowance if you follow the correct procedure

Comentario

Well take it up with DWP and British Consulate their paper work is incorrect. I can if you wish fax the per to you??

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X