Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• dial up internet

I am a "yo-yo" to Spain. I used to have 24/7 dial up internet that I could switch on/off per calendar month with Europa for €14.95 per month. They no longer offer this option. I spend maybe 3 or 4 seperate months per year in Spain so don't really want to commit to a 12 month tarrif for broadband. Anyone got any other options I could use - thanks for any forthcoming info.

It really depends on the amount of Internet access that you need

I use GONUTS4FREE on a pay as you go dial up basis, when in Spain, and if I spent more time there I would go for Telefonica Broadband

FREE ISP dialup dial up in England UK Internet Provider FREE ISP dialup dial up

Pat

Comentario

Can you give me some idea of the costs? I do not have a land line so I would be using either a mobile with a spanish sim card or my british mobile? Thanks in advance.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por freebird Ver Mensaje
        I am a "yo-yo" to Spain. I used to have 24/7 dial up internet that I could switch on/off per calendar month with Europa for €14.95 per month. They no longer offer this option. I spend maybe 3 or 4 seperate months per year in Spain so don't really want to commit to a 12 month tarrif for broadband. Anyone got any other options I could use - thanks for any forthcoming info.
        I ran an IT business in the UK before retiring to Spain. Since coming to Spain I have become the 'expert' for my friends, but I have not got involved in doing IT professionally.

However, I can say, based on my experience of helping 15/20 people with internet connections, that the spanish providers are not keen on subscribers to dail-up. They seem to be making it so unreliable that people are driven towards broadband, by reducing capacity so that it frequently gets overloaded and unreliable. I bet every dail up user subscribing on this forum has had password issues!

Europa do a fixed €4.50 per month deal, but I think it is linked to a telephone call deal. They have had recent problems with flooding at the exchange, but it might be a deal worth looking at. Otherwise, I would set up dail-up accounts with two or three companies where you pay by usage, and hope that at least one works when you want to go on line.

Comentario

Trabajando...
        X