• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Norton's of La Zenia and deposit retaining

Norton’s of La Zenia
    Bad business ethics?
    Has anyone else come across this scenario?
    Seven weeks ago we ordered an 1.9 dish; installation only, as we were supplying our own box, we were told to come to the office to pay 100 euro’s deposit, at the office our deposit was taken and a receipt was given and we were told it would be five weeks for the installation and a date was then given, HOWEVER at no time either verbally or written on the receipt were we told the deposit was NON refundable.
    When we telephoned Norton’s three days prior to our installation date we were told that they had NO dishes and NO Lnb’s and they could not say when the installation of the dish would take place.
    We told them we had waited long enough and wanted to cancel to which they said “fine” when we told them we would be in to collect our deposit, they then said sorry we have never given any deposits back and we will not.
    On the day we cancelled with Norton’s we had a 1.9 dish installed from a company working on our Urb. From Benidorm, that were carrying spare dishes because they had so much work here (the company gave us a written guarantee for one year and answer the phone and reply to email straight away)
    (Funnily enough the day after the installation was supposed to have happened and after we had already cancelled, the manageress of Norton's telephoned us to say they would be at our house to fit the concrete base)
    After speaking to the manageress and explaining we only cancelled because they could not supply on the agreed date, she said she would speak to the director of Norton’s.
    This was over seven days ago and still no reply from them, now I am wondering how many people are kept waiting for installations then cancel and never get their deposit back?
    Please email me if you have experienced similar with this company

Originalmente publicado por joe.knights Ver Mensaje
    Norton’s of La Zenia
    Bad business ethics?
    Has anyone else come across this scenario?
    Seven weeks ago we ordered an 1.9 dish; installation only, as we were supplying our own box, we were told to come to the office to pay 100 euro’s deposit, at the office our deposit was taken and a receipt was given and we were told it would be five weeks for the installation and a date was then given, HOWEVER at no time either verbally or written on the receipt were we told the deposit was NON refundable.
    When we telephoned Norton’s three days prior to our installation date we were told that they had NO dishes and NO Lnb’s and they could not say when the installation of the dish would take place.
    We told them we had waited long enough and wanted to cancel to which they said “fine” when we told them we would be in to collect our deposit, they then said sorry we have never given any deposits back and we will not.
    On the day we cancelled with Norton’s we had a 1.9 dish installed from a company working on our Urb. From Benidorm, that were carrying spare dishes because they had so much work here (the company gave us a written guarantee for one year and answer the phone and reply to email straight away)
    (Funnily enough the day after the installation was supposed to have happened and after we had already cancelled, the manageress of Norton's telephoned us to say they would be at our house to fit the concrete base)
    After speaking to the manageress and explaining we only cancelled because they could not supply on the agreed date, she said she would speak to the director of Norton’s.
    This was over seven days ago and still no reply from them, now I am wondering how many people are kept waiting for installations then cancel and never get their deposit back?
    Please email me if you have experienced similar with this company
    Just another example of Brits ripping off Brits to make a quick buck - there are loads of them in Spain, unfortunately................!

Comentario

Hi Warrior
      Thank you for your reply,
      I seem to have omitted a reply email address for others to contact me regarding my original post, please find link below:

mailto:joe.knights@gmx.com

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Warrior Ver Mensaje
        Just another example of Brits ripping off Brits to make a quick buck - there are loads of them in Spain, unfortunately................!

But the ultimate owner of Nortons is Spanish !

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por John50 Ver Mensaje
          But the ultimate owner of Nortons is Spanish !
          So Michael has been fooling us all then...so do we call him 'Miguel' from now on?

Comentario

Neither are their installers up to scratch either. They left a customer yesterday with a 1.8 Famaval dish with no BBC/ITV. On a return visit, the installers just said "the signal is strong enough" and left with no BBC/ITV again. Absolutely NO CUSTOMER SKILLS whatsoever.

The LNB was not set at the prime focal distance, the feedhorn front flange was the wrong way around and the skew was wrong.

I luckily managed to resolve the issues and left the couple with BBC/ITV/C4+1 and BBC HD.

Nortons seem to be on the 'let's makes as much money, as quickly as possible" bandwagon.....

Nortons ? Never for me.....................
            Editado por última vez por englishbullterrier; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2567-englishbullterrier en , 15:25:28.

Comentario

I echo the sentiments of a poster elsewhere. EBT you deserve recognition for your efforts. I hope someone you have worked for puts your name forward.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Warrior Ver Mensaje
                Not just brits. Loads of ex-pat communities.
                My parents bought a water filter from a Norweigan guy. Paid him about 100 € more than what they would have paid for the same filter in Leroy Merlin...

Brits cheats brits, scandies cheats scandies. German cheats germans... etc etc

Comentario

EBT is a good man and has helped many people even me he gives his advice freely and knows his stuff so if you have the resources take up his advice,

Joe Iwill sent you an email as I have had problems with internet from Norton's
                  may be later today though

Comentario

Was it Seabright Satellite systems that fitted your dish? I know they are from Benidorm way and they fitted ours, no waiting,excellent service, great guys.

Comentario

The installers from Benidorm

Hi Gal
                      The installers I used were:
                      Crystal Clear
                      Crystal Clear Satellite and Television installation services - Welcome
                      info@ccsattv.com
                      Telephone 965584097
                      Mobile 660186505

The woman is called Rosalind
                      and the boss is Steve

As mentioned previously these people (unlike Nortons that really do not give a sh**) are very good always answer the phone and will help with any inquiry.

As an update to Nortons still holding my deposit, they still have not answered any of my emails and are hoping I will just get fed up and go away. How wrong can they be, I will soon be going to stage two of my offensive with them, they know I will not take them to court to retrieve my deposit as it would cost me too much, so my best weapon will be bad advertising ie: word of mouth, other forums, letter to the editor of a paper they do not advertise with, and finally.................. I shall keep that to myself for now.

Comentario

This is my comment from another forum, I can only say as I find.

I want to give a big thank you to Michael and Nortons, they have just completed our community dish installation, (56 apartments) they have been great, all tidy clean work, many men, many hours, in all weathers, even Saturdays and Sundays, they made sure everyone was happy with everything before letting me pay any monies at all, Michael was always prompt answering my email and phone calls and explained techy things to me, when I asked questions that even I didn't understand all his workforce were helpful friendly and cheerful.

I have nothing to do with this Company just want to give credit where it is due, I am so pleased with everything and totally recommend them.

Comentario

Hmmmmmm!

Hi Wendy G
                          Well you were certainly privileged if you had to pay nothing until you were satisfied, totally the opposite to people that have sent me emails regard Norton’s total empathy towards those that have had rubbish service and had to pay up front in the form of an “apparently” non refundable deposit, which incidentally only came to light after we cancelled because of their inability to install on the agreed date, as stated before we were at no time either verbally or in any form of statement on the deposit they gave us told our 100 euro’s would be kept because THEY could not full fill their part of the installation on the agreed date.
                          I must confess that your post has come at an opportune time for Norton’s, seeing as on this and other forums they are receiving adverse publicity.
                          Score at the moment:
                          Those with a good recommendation for Norton’s = 1
                          Those with a bad experience with Norton’s on this forum and emails sent to me at present = 27
                          And still counting

Comentario

Sorry but:
                            "as stated before we were at no time either verbally or in any form of statement on the deposit"

Should of read
                            "as stated before we were at no time either verbally or in any form of statement on the receipt for our deposit"

Comentario

just issue a denuncia, they are already on the guardia "bad boy" list and have been warned as their future conduct. and/or picket the shop until they cough up.
                              i used atennas torrevieja for my dish and install. opposite "max gym" on the torre poligono, typical spanish but they kept their promise and installed on a thursday.......albeit 2 weeks late ( no dishes apparently!!)
                              good luck

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X