Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Street living Torrevieja

Hi. A group of 3 mates and I live rough in Brighton.

We are emailing from our hostel where we've got a night.

What's the weather like in Torrevieja ?

We've got a chance for a lift down.

Any hostels ?

Good sleeping spots ?

Good begging spots ? (have instrument for a bit of busking)

Might as well be down and out in the warm as here.

Cheers.

Ask the "lookie lookie"men,

Comentario

Although we would love to have you all begging and busking on the sun drenched streets of Torrevieja I think you would be much better off in Malaga where the 'Nobs' all live!

Dont bother with this little hell hole as you can see by other messages on this site its a cross between downtown Baghdad and the black hole of Calcutta!

ps I live in Brighton so have probably dropped the odd shekel or Indian Rupee in you begging bowl

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por BrightonBoy Ver Mensaje

Any hostels ?

Good sleeping spots ?

Cheers.
        It is not warm here at the moment, there are social security no hand out's, no food kitchens & people dont beg here, so you are better off where you are & sponge of us tax payers.

Wendy

Comentario

Hi BrightonBoy - its warmer here than where you are. Screw the Social, don't tell them and come down. Loads here are fiddling the social - that's why they recently came down to try to encourage grassing up your neighbour. The Catholic Church are good for food and there are plenty of empty houses down here you can squat in. I paid my taxes all my life and it never got me anything but bills. I don't blame you at all. If you have drink problems there are many free AA branches down here and the pot is cheap and plentiful in Torrevieja and along Cabo Roig strip. On the strip, just ask for 'the hunch' all the bar owners there will know him. He has a very noticeable way of walking and sells the best dope around.

We have squatters living in our street. They are nice people and are from one of the ex Soviet countries. The way to do it is this. Every little estate out here is called a community or urbanisation and most have a notice board.

Read up the noticeboard and you'll see houses that are in debt to the community. Check out those houses as they are likely to be the most suitable squats.

The owners deserve what they get as most have never lived in their little black money purchases.

Most are easy to get into. Make sure you have a screwdriver. The international squat sign is also in use.

Most of the estates/urbanisations are like ghost towns with perhaps a one in five occupancy. They are little more than sink estates really, or ex pat ghettoes as a Spanish politician recently put it. People would be ashamed to be seen in areas like them where they are from but because it is sunny, they think it is great. Those that do live here are waiting for God (or the local equivalent: trying to get a TV signal for nothing) and the exciting highlight of their week is a meal out and maybe a hint of a Tv station. As they don't speak much Spanish there is little inter action with the Spanish authorities who are slow to move anyway, so you can get away with a lot.

Food is available at the rear of most supermarkets as it is usually thrown into the green wheelie bins where even the Moroccans help themselves to the slightly outdated tins and packets. When the markets are packing up is also good. The church are also good especially in the larger towns and cities.

Begging is reasonably common. There's a couple of gypsy people who beg outside the supermarkets on Orihuela Costa which is just along from Torrevieja. They are dropped off in a nice car and change down and dress down their baby before starting work. It's got to be worth a try. The English are suckers for kids and dogs and charity but the Spanish are not so easily conned. I speak very fluent Spanish and what they say about the English in particular is hilarious. If you don't care about being arrested, try Torrevieja itself. The police will place you in a cell and you are entitled to any assistance from the Consulate in Alicante. They are obliged to feed you as well. Also, if you have no money they cannot fine you. The 'PACE' rules back home regarding the police also apply here.

As you say, down and out here is easier that where you are from. Enjoy your trip. The church charities are excellent in a city called Murcia and there is plenty of free food there and a hostel as well.
          Editado por última vez por koali; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2773-koali en , 14:33:31.

Comentario

Squat net sites:

Infoshop News: Squatting in Spain

How to Squat in Abandoned Property - wikiHow

[squat!net] - Newsindex

There are many Spanish people squatting and these sites will provide useful info.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por BrightonBoy Ver Mensaje

Any hostels ?

Good sleeping spots ?

Cheers.
              Try KC1's place apparently that's where all the scum go (according to him) you will feel at home, that's if you don't mind living near a deranged Scot.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por simmy Ver Mensaje
                Try KC1's place apparently that's where all the scum go (according to him) you will feel at home, that's if you don't mind living near a deranged Scot.
                Deranged or not - his 'scenic' photographs have been all over the press !

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por koali Ver Mensaje
                  Deranged or not - his 'scenic' photographs have been all over the press !
                  So what? The people who live in OC know they show only a very small part of the area mainly where he lives. The vast majority of it is far better than the slums he seems to yearn for back in Scotland.

Comentario

So what? The people who live in OC know they show only a very small part of the area mainly where he lives. The vast majority of it is far better than the slums he seems to yearn for back in Scotland.
                    On another forum, someone by the same poster name says they are from Stirling. I would hardly call that place 'slums' compared to Orihuela Costa and its sink estates or ' ghettoes' as a Spanish politician called them. This place is a s**t hole compared to places like Stirling and the Highlands and Islands.

Comentario

Good advice Koali. Worked with the homeless and a lot of your points are spot on. There is a large 'squatting' population in Barcelona.
                      Bit off subject I know and I'm not resident on Orihuela Costa but having seen the photographs, I visited the area and concur - it is a bloody tip ! No wonder the Independent published the article on the area. Why on earth do people actually choose to live there ? The bit I find amusing are the signs for 'playas' in the centre of Orihuela itself which isn't a bad city as such but badly let down by the coast. I have travelled all over Spain and I cannot believe the decaying image of the Coast of Orihuela. Decaying even though it hasn't actually been there that long judging by some of the monstrosities which have been built there. Took some great photos of the 'slums of the future' though. I have never seen such overdevelopment and how long have they been working on that main road ? What a dreadful mess.
                      Editado por última vez por Haddenlough; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2972-haddenlough en , 17:48:56.

Comentario

On another forum, someone by the same poster name says they are from Stirling. I would hardly call that place 'slums' compared to Orihuela Costa and its sink estates or ' ghettoes' as a Spanish politician called them. This place is a s**t hole compared to places like Stirling and the Highlands and Islands.
                        Obviously you've never been to Glasgow or Edinburgh (city centre excluded) where the vast majority of the heathens live, or you would know what a Ghetto is.

Comentario

Why don't you post your address and telephone number and BrightonBoy can come and squat in the house next to yours.
                          Hi BrightonBoy - its warmer here than where you are. Screw the Social, don't tell them and come down. Loads here are fiddling the social - that's why they recently came down to try to encourage grassing up your neighbour. The Catholic Church are good for food and there are plenty of empty houses down here you can squat in. I paid my taxes all my life and it never got me anything but bills. I don't blame you at all. If you have drink problems there are many free AA branches down here and the pot is cheap and plentiful in Torrevieja and along Cabo Roig strip. On the strip, just ask for 'the hunch' all the bar owners there will know him. He has a very noticeable way of walking and sells the best dope around.

We have squatters living in our street. They are nice people and are from one of the ex Soviet countries. The way to do it is this. Every little estate out here is called a community or urbanisation and most have a notice board.

Read up the noticeboard and you'll see houses that are in debt to the community. Check out those houses as they are likely to be the most suitable squats.

The owners deserve what they get as most have never lived in their little black money purchases.

Most are easy to get into. Make sure you have a screwdriver. The international squat sign is also in use.

Most of the estates/urbanisations are like ghost towns with perhaps a one in five occupancy. They are little more than sink estates really, or ex pat ghettoes as a Spanish politician recently put it. People would be ashamed to be seen in areas like them where they are from but because it is sunny, they think it is great. Those that do live here are waiting for God (or the local equivalent: trying to get a TV signal for nothing) and the exciting highlight of their week is a meal out and maybe a hint of a Tv station. As they don't speak much Spanish there is little inter action with the Spanish authorities who are slow to move anyway, so you can get away with a lot.

Food is available at the rear of most supermarkets as it is usually thrown into the green wheelie bins where even the Moroccans help themselves to the slightly outdated tins and packets. When the markets are packing up is also good. The church are also good especially in the larger towns and cities.

Begging is reasonably common. There's a couple of gypsy people who beg outside the supermarkets on Orihuela Costa which is just along from Torrevieja. They are dropped off in a nice car and change down and dress down their baby before starting work. It's got to be worth a try. The English are suckers for kids and dogs and charity but the Spanish are not so easily conned. I speak very fluent Spanish and what they say about the English in particular is hilarious. If you don't care about being arrested, try Torrevieja itself. The police will place you in a cell and you are entitled to any assistance from the Consulate in Alicante. They are obliged to feed you as well. Also, if you have no money they cannot fine you. The 'PACE' rules back home regarding the police also apply here.

As you say, down and out here is easier that where you are from. Enjoy your trip. The church charities are excellent in a city called Murcia and there is plenty of free food there and a hostel as well.

Comentario

An open invite to BrightonBoy

Originalmente publicado por Chrisdee Ver Mensaje
                            Why don't you post your address and telephone number and BrightonBoy can come and squat in the house next to yours.
                            No problem.

As previously noted, we already have one family of squatters in our street.

Brighton Boy, if ever you get down here, leave a message here and we'll meet up and I'll point out some good spots for you.

We can talk about the 'waiting for TV/God' saddos on this forum mainly from the English hinterlands I would suspect and get them twitching their curtains.

Comentario

Absolutely Distgusting Mail

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X