sky box

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

i think the frequencies used would already be in the GI receiver, so just do a search for FTA channels...
    if not you will have to add them to the frequency / transponder list then search...
    cant be more specific as i cannot remember the GI menu system and dont have one lying around at the moment...i am good but not 100% perfect!!

Comentario

5 just got this on sat forum

Five is now broadcasting free to air on the Astra 2D satellite on one of the BBC's transponders, 10.773 horizontal. Five is currently labeled 6335.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por geofflee Ver Mensaje
        Five is now broadcasting free to air on the Astra 2D satellite on one of the BBC's transponders, 10.773 horizontal. Five is currently labeled 6335.
        Actually, since Monday it is no longer 6335, but FIVE, as per my post (post #27)....

Comentario

five

good morning...is FIVE on the sky box ( my five is on pace channel105 but is asking for a card) or other receivers ? and this morning I have really bad reception on bbc, no 4's and none of the ITV channels...is this to do with the weather?

Comentario

again, 105 on a sky box is the encrypted version of FIVE and requires a sky card to view.

105 on a freesat box is the free version (on the bbc2 frequency).

you can add the free five (no card) to a sky box by using the 10773 frequency but only when you can get bbc2!

if the weather at your end is the same as where i am (but still plenty of clients to see!), then yes rain and heavy cloud will affect the signals in reaching your dish, and therefore the weaker channels may go...

Comentario

satandpcguy can I ask your advice, we have a 2.4 dish shared with 3 neighbours, we seem to get channels ok on default transponder 12129, we do get break up on BBC2, MORE 4+1 etc but know that is normal. We don't get the background music on our sky box even though it is switched on(Pace 2600 box) and if we put in frequency 11778 we get no signal, friends of ours with 1.45 and 1.9 dishes get music and signal, is this normal or does the system need tweaking? We were also told of a stronger default transponder 12441 but don't know the other details v/h etc.
              Your advice would be appreciated.
              Editado por última vez por JNP; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/1897-jnp en , 15:59:11.

Comentario

oh where to start....

changing the defualt transponder DOES NOT make channels last longer....
                do a search of channels on 12129 and you will only get S4C and Create and Craft...no bbc channels are on that frequency so putting it into your sky receiver does not make bbc and itvs last longer.

a sky box uses the default transponder so that it can get 6 hours of EPG information - then it knows whats on and can start top work. initially it looks at 11778, but if you cannot receive this frequency you put in an alternative. once the box has done a successfully download, then 99.9% of the time, the DT will revert back to 11778.

the epg background music is also on 11778.
                this frequency is normally good in the am and late pm.
                this 11778 frequexncy is very sensitive to the LNB skew (rotation) and also some of the newer Sky receivers dont like it (pace 440 and 445)

if you do not get it your dish needs looking at..

Comentario

[quote]there is another stronger c4/e4/m4 availableon 12480, v, 27.5, 2/3 - but htese require a sky card to unlock as they are not free (apart from the "TTon4" whoich does not) - these are c4 ireland and needs to be encrypted for broadcasting right reasons (RTE have the irish rights for many c4 programmes)[quote]

would i get these channels with this method of tuning, on my 80cms dish with sky card do you know. i get channel 5 no probs and sky sports 1,2 and 3 when i'm out here (villamartin)
                  thanks
                  tony.

Comentario

these "extra" channels are on the same satelite (2a and 2b north) as the following....

Sky Sport Extra
                    Sky Sports News

so if you can get the channels above you can get these other c4's

but i think your 80cm dish is too small to get them....
                    Editado por última vez por satandpcguy; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/3071-satandpcguy en , 20:37:01.

Comentario

Thanks satandpcguy, if I go to services, system set up then signal test, it shows no signal strength/quality bars, Not Locked, 0002, 07fe. I have signal strength/quality bars if I go into installers menu and manual tuning (but not if I put 11778 in -no signal). should I have a signal reading in system set up?

Comentario

when you press services, or tv guide on your sky remote, the sky box automatically uses the frequency of 11778 - its on this frequency that you will find the EPG backgound music also!!!(xmas epg music soon! ARGH!)

therefore the bars on the signal test screen (services 4,6) are measuring....the 11778 frequency....

so if you have not locked and not bars of quality or strength then you are not receiving the frequency of 11778.

if you do a manual tune to another (strong) freuqency, then the signal bars will show the strength and quality of this frequency.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por satandpcguy Ver Mensaje
                          these "extra" channels are on the same satelite (2a and 2b north) as the following....

Sky Sport Extra
                          Sky Sports News

so if you can get the channels above you can get these other c4's

but i think your 80cm dish is too small to get them....
                          oh well.......... no i cannot get sky sports news etc.
                          thought it worth a try asking.
                          thanks as usual for your informed answer.

Comentario

Thanks for your reply, I will call our installer, I called him on the day of installation to query signal test screen and he told me it must be locked for us to have channels, even though I read the screen to him!
                            Editado por última vez por JNP; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/1897-jnp en , 15:21:03.

Comentario

SatandPCguy should I be receiving 11778 on a 2.4 dish?

Comentario

depends...

on where you are (not too sure how good it is available down in your neck of the woods)
                                what receiver you are using (some sky receivers are better at receiving it than others - bad on pace 440, 445 for example)
                                what time of day you are loooking at it - in my area it is weakest around 4 - 6 pm...
                                sometimes it is the skew (rotation angle) of the LNB that needs tweaking...this is critical as even the slightest movement can gain or loose channels...it is very very sensitive..

Comentario

Trabajando...
                                X