Torresat TV

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

Hi Torresat to save me ringing the office I wonder if you know when we new customers will be getting our cards, I'm panicking a bit as I know the signal will be encrypted soon and I don't know if I will still get TV without the card. Also do you know what has happened to RTE1 and RTE2 oh and the new channel that was put in place of GOLD they have all been off since yesterday

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Chrisdee Ver Mensaje
      Stick with the 1.9, any bigger than that and you need planning permission plus other bits and pieces. It was in the paper a few weeks back. Seems all too much hassle.
      Thanks Chris, but on 1.9, I don't think I'll get the full BBC1,2,3,4, ITV1,2,3,4, C5 and C4.

Comentario

I saw it mentioned about RTE1 and 2 on the other site and this is what it said:-

My next door neighbor spoke to them and they said they have not renewed the licence ?what licence ?
        The truth is lawyers from RTE have been in touch and warned them they stand prosecution if they continue to re broadcast RTE
        Have a look yourselves and see the other replies.
        Originalmente publicado por Mazzer Ver Mensaje
        Hi Torresat to save me ringing the office I wonder if you know when we new customers will be getting our cards, I'm panicking a bit as I know the signal will be encrypted soon and I don't know if I will still get TV without the card. Also do you know what has happened to RTE1 and RTE2 oh and the new channel that was put in place of GOLD they have all been off since yesterday

Comentario

Have to say ive had no complaints with torresat. all you get is alot of moaners complaining about companies for anything. When you see complaints you'll find some of them are just to help sad lonely people get through their day!
          Go forth and watch tele at its best!

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por boybodyi Ver Mensaje
            Go forth and watch tele at its best!
            That´s exactly what we´re doing, via satellite and freesat box and cutting out the rebroadcast bandits.

Comentario

Hi I have just come up from Gibraltar. I was talking to a TV centre manager who is working on a large rollout prject for Azure tel and Telecom Med. He told me that Azure have just agreed licenssing through an independent broacasting group operating under Gibraltars Broacasting services, for the supply of services to the Costa's. they are using a licensed service that is also running on frequencies that are demmed to be legal. Also they are supplying the TV channels and Internet and also Telephone as a bundle. I beleive they are starting work in december and plan to have the the floowing areas covered in the Costa Blanca - Los Montisinos, San Miguel, La Zenia, Campomor, Torrevieja, La mata, Quesada, Benijofar,

Apparantly there service will be bundled package which will be €50.00 per month but includes Internet and telephone and Television.

I was told for the first three months any body who regiisters will get free install and equipment included. I beleive they will be launching in the local press shortly.
              I recently got stung for TV using both Torresat and Pirate TV> So I am looking into this now. When I contacted Gibraltar last week to verify info I was told everyone who signs up will get Phone and 4MB Internet and TV.

I have asked what channels and they have advised that the following will be made available to all users covered within the monthly cost
              BBC,ITV,C4,C5,Sky News,RTE Approximately 22 Channels

Apparantly there will be a legal subscription option for Setanta,Movies etc that will be €12.

This will be great and is not illegal either. I asked how they were doing this and Gibraltar receives UK broadcasting under agreement. The organisations supply transmissions over IP so services subscribed or agreed through Gibraltar are legal for users who use the system.

Apparrantly Torresat has a CMT license but is using illegal frequencies and does not have a license from the BBC or ITV for the rebroadcasting of TV Channels.

If you need any more info let me know I am back down in Gibraltar next week

DJG

Comentario

Hmmmm...Cat........Pidgeons...

Comentario

Azure Tel & Telemed

Can you supply any more details on these companies. Will they be legal?
                  At 50 a month for all 3 services I smell a rat. It seems too cheap, remember you get what you pay for.
                  Are you sure about your information, it just seems too good to be true.

cheers

Lind

Comentario

TV is on internet then? if so, all your 4mb will be used up with the TV?

Comentario

Are you sure?

I read that differently.
                      I thought they were offering all 3 services
                      TV
                      Telephone
                      Internet
                      No mention of TV over the internet. I think that's called IPTV and is a totally separate thing.
                      I want more info on this company, it seems too good.

Lind

Comentario

Update TV Costa Blanca

Originalmente publicado por just me2 Ver Mensaje
                        I read that differently.
                        TV
                        Telephone
                        Internet
                        No mention of TV over the internet. I think that's called IPTV and is a totally separate thing.

Lind
                        I have just come back from Gibraltar,

It seems that people who are operating under the Gib Broadcasting association have made an agreement with Azure and Telecom Med to supply transmissions from there centres on the Rock. They are in deed using the internet to supply English TV to the Costa’s. The first location is to be the Costa Blanca. I did ask if it was to be in or around Torrevieja and when it was launching. The answer I got was possibly. At the same time I was also told by an inside Tech guy that it would be within 10KM of Torrevieja and that premises and masts were now going in place for a full launch in Feb 09. I can tell you that they are giving everyone a free connection and set top box. I Work on the Finance side of business so not to sure on the technical stuff but they tell me that transmissions for Internet are separate from Media stream services and that they are using the 5 GHz Free License bands and using a unique modified Wimax solution that allows for a complete coverage with minimal line of site. Prices actually start from €45 plus IVA and you get 1MB Internet (TV Channels come in on a separate internet connection) and Telephone and TV approx 25 channels. €50 gets you 2MB and access to other content. Access to premium channels will be available. Apparently they are taking the line that the cost of the system deployed is what you pay for not the content. So infect you get the TV free from them. This does seem too good however, I am told that they are already project planning a system in Cyprus and Portugal and Gran Canaries. The company Azure has very good financial backing they agreed the agreement with Gib which I am told cost them over 3 Million euros.

I was told also that advertising would start in the New Year and that a Web site would be available as well. I have put my self forward for testing. The Guys in Gib seem very fair and have apparently decided that it makes food sense to develop a business relationship with the Expats in Spain.

DJG

Comentario

Update TV Costa Blanca

Originalmente publicado por just me2 Ver Mensaje
                          I read that differently.
                          TV
                          Telephone
                          Internet

Lind
                          I have just come back from Gibraltar,

It seems that people who are operating under the Gib Broadcasting association have made an agreement with Azure and Telecom Med to supply transmissions from there centres on the Rock. They are in deed using the internet to supply English TV to the Costa’s. The first location is to be the Costa Blanca. I did ask if it was to be in or around Torrevieja and when it was launching. The answer I got was possibly. At the same time I was also told by an inside Tech guy that it would be within 10KM of Torrevieja and that premises and masts were now going in place for a full launch in Feb 09. I can tell you that they are giving everyone a free connection and set top box. I Work on the Finance side of business so not to sure on the technical stuff but they tell me that transmissions for Internet are separate from Media stream services and that they are using the 5 GHz Free License bands and using a unique modified Wimax solution that allows for a complete coverage with minimal line of site. Prices actually start from €45 plus IVA and you get 1MB Internet (TV Channels come in on a separate internet connection) and Telephone and TV approx 25 channels. €50 gets you 2MB and access to other content. Access to premium channels will be available. Apparently they are taking the line that the cost of the system deployed is what you pay for not the content. So infect you get the TV free from them. This does seem too good however, I am told that they are already project planning a system in Cyprus and Portugal and Gran Canaries. The company Azure has very good financial backing they agreed the agreement with Gib which I am told cost them over 3 Million euros.

I was told also that advertising would start in the New Year and that a Web site would be available as well. I have put my self forward for testing. The Guys in Gib seem very fair and have apparently decided that it makes good sense to develop a business relationship with the Expats in Spain.

DJG

Comentario

torresat phones

Originalmente publicado por Torresat Ver Mensaje
                            Sorry to hear you have had these problems Peter. I give my own number to the people that I install for so they do not have to go to the office or try to get through on their phone system. I know that Quesada has been causing problems for the past couple of weeks or so and it is frustrating for me too.
                            i have a house in cabo roig we had torresat installed in january 09 we only went over in july tv not working it cost €120 to install and €20 per month after i spent a lot of my holiday trying to contact them by phone -which cost a fortune as i was on an irish mobile- we are homs since july 20th and i am still phoning them (what a shower) i only get a voice message the number i call is 0034902150255 can anyone help me please.

Comentario

Try ringing the guy who installed your equipment his name and number should be on your contract. Waste of time ringing the office!

Comentario

torresat phones

thanks for that. i got someone else to get it working,sorry we didnt choose
                                another company -that at least would answer the phone.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                                X