Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Torresat TV

I have been reading this forum for a while and I amazed at the amount of rumours that fly around. Understandably Torresat TV has been the subject of a lot of these rumours.

Cards on the table I am a Torresat installer and anything I say here in this forum is what I honestly believe to be true. I not speak on behalf of Torresat but as an ex pat like most of you. I also believe that some people are having problems with their installs and I will try to help as best as I can. So if you have any questions, problems or queries ask them here and I will do my best to help you.

Originalmente publicado por Torresat Ver Mensaje
    I have been reading this forum for a while and I amazed at the amount of rumours that fly around. Understandably Torresat TV has been the subject of a lot of these rumours.

Cards on the table I am a Torresat installer and anything I say here in this forum is what I honestly believe to be true. I not speak on behalf of Torresat but as an ex pat like most of you. I also believe that some people are having problems with their installs and I will try to help as best as I can. So if you have any questions, problems or queries ask them here and I will do my best to help you.
    I am coming over to my villa in aguas nuevas torrevieja spain for christmas and cant bear the thought of being in Spain without tv for 2 weeks! I was on the verge of ringing Torrestat to book in an installation for when I arrive. However some of the negative press about the company's future and also posts that say you can bring over recievers from england and then install your own dish have left me totally confused !!! Any help/advice on the matter would be very much appreciated. My e mail address is priesto@priesto.karoo.co.uk

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por David Priestman Ver Mensaje
      I am coming over to my villa in aguas nuevas torrevieja spain for christmas and cant bear the thought of being in Spain without tv for 2 weeks! I was on the verge of ringing Torrestat to book in an installation for when I arrive. However some of the negative press about the company's future and also posts that say you can bring over recievers from england and then install your own dish have left me totally confused !!! Any help/advice on the matter would be very much appreciated. My e mail address is priesto@priesto.karoo.co.uk
      Hi Dave,

Torresat has all the licenses to operate a rebroadcasting system until 2022 in place. I have seen this paperwork so know this to be true. What Telemicro has shown us is just how much money is to be made providing TV and Torresat are doing everything by the book to avoid any problems. Theyare also investing a lot of money upgrading their transmitors which I doubt the would be doing if there was any danger of thm being shut down.

Sadly it is not as simple as bringing ovr a digibox and dishfom the UK. In most of the Costa Blanca you need at least a 1.9 Metre dish and preferably a 2.4. There are also grey area's over whether planning permission is required as these large dishes should have a concrete base. Some area's do get away with a 1.5 metre dish but you can have reception problems at some times of day.

I hope this helps.

Comentario

torresat

[QUOTE=Torresat;20532]Hi Dave,

Torresat has all the licenses to operate a rebroadcasting system until 2022 in place. I have seen this paperwork so know this to be true. What Telemicro has shown us is just how much money is to be made providing TV and Torresat are doing everything by the book to avoid any problems. Theyare also investing a lot of money upgrading their transmitors which I doubt the would be doing if there was any danger of thm being shut down.

Whilst I appreciate you putting yourself forward, you would have gained much more credibility had you included the phrase '' we all know Torresat do not have permission to rebroadcast bbc/itv etc, but they are going to carry on doing that because they can'' and then explained why they will not be shut down, particularly in the light of one or two Scandinavian tv rebroadcasters being hit recently.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por sugar Ver Mensaje
          [

Whilst I appreciate you putting yourself forward, you would have gained much more credibility had you included the phrase '' we all know Torresat do not have permission to rebroadcast bbc/itv etc, but they are going to carry on doing that because they can'' and then explained why they will not be shut down, particularly in the light of one or two Scandinavian tv rebroadcasters being hit recently.
          Hi Sugar,

I said at the outset that I would only put here what I know or believe to be true. Does Torresat have permission to rebroadcast BBC and ITV I do not believe so but whether they need it or not is another question. According to their licence from the Spanish Government they are authorised to rebroadcast anything that can be picked up from a satelite free to air. Which at this time includes BBC and ITV. Neither the BBC or ITV have taken any action through the Spanish courts to stop any of the rebroadcasters during the many years it has been going on. The BBC has always been quick to protect its programme content where it has been able to.

Many urban myths have sprung up around rebroadcasting and I can only speak as I find. As neither companies have taken action to protect their content and the licence grants Torresat permission to rebroadcast anything that is free to air I see no threat to BBC or ITV content on Torresat in the future.

I would of course be interested if anyone can point me to any statement made by either company saying they intend to block Torresat from broadcasting its content I have yet to find any.

Comentario

Torresat

Iam still on the Torresat mesh system in Villamartin and will be coming over in January. Will the mesh system still be operating or are they switching over to the new dish system before then?

TIA

Comentario

[QUOTE=Torrent;20537]Hi Sugar,

According to their licence from the Spanish Government they are authorised to rebroadcast anything that can be picked up from a satellite free to air.[QUOTE]

Gol tv, History,National Geographical,Fox, are all pay to view and not free to air.

Telmicro were a legal rebroadcaster, it was the content that was illegal and that is why they were closed down.The tax evasion emerged after they were closed.
              Torresat are doing exactly the same, so can you explain why you are so confident they will be allowed to continue.

Comentario

Gol TV is a recent addition to the Torresat channel line up and Torresat have entered into an agreement with Gol TV to air their content. As for the other channels you have mentioned I do not know if they are free to air or not. Perhaps someone with a large dish will confirm they can not get those channels or you will point me to their websites where they show they are not free to air. I know that UK Gold, Hallmark are not free to air and that is why they have been removed from Torresats channel line up while negotiations take place between the companies.

The Guardia Civils announcement regarding Telemicro only made mention of the tax evasion etc. Both Torresat and Solaris were broadcasting Sky content at the same time as Telemicro and neither of those were shut down. both rebroadcasters have since reviewed their content.
                Editado por última vez por Torresat; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2986-torresat en , 16:52:36.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Mehstg Ver Mensaje
                  Iam still on the Torresat mesh system in Villamartin and will be coming over in January. Will the mesh system still be operating or are they switching over to the new dish system before then?

TIA
                  I know that the mesh system that was part of Teleast is being shutdown and their customers have been informed and upgraded. I have heard no mention of Villa Martin. I did do an upgrade this week which would point to the same transmitter as you do but that was purely their choice to get more channels they had not been told they needed to upgrade.

Sorry I can not be more definate but if you phone Torresat (assuming you can get through) they will be able to tell you for sure.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Torresat Ver Mensaje
                    Gol TV is a recent addition to the Torresat channel line up and Torresat have entered into an agreement with Gol TV to air their content. As for the other channels you have mentioned I do not know if they are free to air or not. Perhaps someone with a large dish will confirm they can not get those channels or you will point me to their websites where they show they are not free to air. I know that UK Gold, Hallmark are not free to air and that is why they have been removed from Torresats channel line up while negotiations take place between the companies.

The Guardia Civils announcement regarding Telemicro only made mention of the tax evasion etc. Both Torresat and Solaris were broadcasting Sky content at the same time as Telemicro and neither of those were shut down. both rebroadcasters have since reviewed their content.
                    Here is a list of free to air channels, no national geographical, History or Fox.

Freesat Channel Lineup

Comentario

Yes Sue you are correct, they are not free to air. Also it has been stated in many accounts that the action against Telmicro was instigated with a denuncia from Digital+ and then the tax case followed on. Why would the courts need to go after the other re-broadcasters when their prosecution prompted the smaller companies to clean up their act without any further expense to the tax payer!.
                      I have to say I find it great reading messages from the people who were up in arms retuning their boxes, moving their arials to get Torresat and in some cases throwing them out, now doing the same trying to turn them all back again to TM. We are still sticking with our installation of 1.45 dish on our roof of our 1 bed apartment, by Lee Digital with a one off payment of 850 euros, two weeks to go!.
                      We have had Spanish TDT installed on our urbanisation and paid 40 euros for box, 27 channels, 6 of them having some English films etc. On top of that I have downloaded every soap, serial, special events etc from either TheBox.ez or UK Nova with no cost at all. Shall keep all three going once the dish is fitted.
                      Happy Viewing!

Comentario

[QUOTE=Torresat;20544

The Guardia Civils announcement regarding Telemicro only made mention of the tax evasion etc.[QUOTE

Here's what the Guardia Civil acually said

The investigations began as a result of a denuncia which was presented and displayed by a legal representative of Sogecable who, as Round Town News mentioned in last week’s article, is the group that owns Digital Plus. They had detected that certain transmissions of British channels in the province of Alicante were those very channels whose ownership of the audio-visual rights in Spain corresponded exclusively to them. The statement continued; “After an undercover investigation into the infrastructure used by the Telmicro organisation, it was possible to verify that a very large satellite dish, which was located in an industrial estate near to Los Montesinos and Algorfa was being used.” The Guardia also confirmed that were quickly able to ascertain that Telmicro had powerful satellite dishes and decoders for a company that only transmits in the United Kingdom and Ireland. They stated; “The technicians captured the signal of several British television channels by decoding them and they then returned the coded signal using a denominated system called ‘Irdeto’ to later distribute it to all their clients along the coast from Benidorm to Vera in Almeria, through a network of mesh dishes and receivers.

Comentario

Torresat - there seems to be numerous prices banded around for Torresat TV installations, monthly charge, what channels etc etc ......therefore would you please assist with below questions

can you please advise what the current installation cost is i euros
                          can you advise if theres a monthly charge
                          can you advise what the exact tv channels are included in the package
                          thanks Col

Comentario

Torresat, please can you tell me why Film 4 and BBC news have been removed as I see that they are Free to air channels, BBC news has not been replaced and remains blank and Film 4 has been replaced with some ridiculous thing called RED and a physcic channel.

Comentario

Your best bet would be to call Torresat offices and ask these questions. Torresat who does the postings is just an installer.
                              Originalmente publicado por benimar_col Ver Mensaje
                              Torresat - there seems to be numerous prices banded around for Torresat TV installations, monthly charge, what channels etc etc ......therefore would you please assist with below questions

can you please advise what the current installation cost is i euros
                              can you advise if theres a monthly charge
                              can you advise what the exact tv channels are included in the package
                              thanks Col

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X