Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Children in front seat of cars

Please can someone advise me. I have recently started taking another family's children to school who totally rely on me and would have no other option of getting them to school than taxis. There are three children in total including my son and I only have two seats in the back so the 8 year old (who is over 135cm) sits in the front seat of the car. I was told that this was okay because of his height but I have started investigating and am unsure if this is true. Some sites say no children under 12, some say its okay with a suitable car restraint (what - a booster?) and some say its okay for his height (about 138cm). Can anyone please direct me to the legal regulations for this in Spain? Thanks

Children in the front seat of cars

Got this from the Motoring in Spain site which is
    :- THE BOOK FOR ENGLISH it's very useful

It is compulsory for all in the car to wear seatbelts, both front and rear where fitted. The driver is responsible for any fines where passengers are not wearing an approved belt. Children under 12 years of age are not allowed in the front seats (unless they are over 150 cm or 4 ft. 9 ins, then they can unofficially get away with it. It is apparently to do with being secure in the safety belt). Also, if seated in the back, the belt must fit correctly, or a special “raising seat” must be fitted. Animals must be restrained when in the passenger section and not allowed to jump around

Originalmente publicado por busylady Ver Mensaje
    Please can someone advise me. I have recently started taking another family's children to school who totally rely on me and would have no other option of getting them to school than taxis. There are three children in total including my son and I only have two seats in the back so the 8 year old (who is over 135cm) sits in the front seat of the car. I was told that this was okay because of his height but I have started investigating and am unsure if this is true. Some sites say no children under 12, some say its okay with a suitable car restraint (what - a booster?) and some say its okay for his height (about 138cm). Can anyone please direct me to the legal regulations for this in Spain? Thanks

Comentario

Child in front seat

Oh dear this is going to cause a problem. Thank you. Does your book make a reference to a site or a legal regulation I can quote to them as we don't have the book please?

Comentario

Oh dear this is going to cause a problem. Thank you. Does your book make a reference to a site or a legal regulation I can quote to them as we don't have the book please?
        Check with your insurance company because if you are doing this on a regular basis you will need proper cover to cover business use, never mind kids in the front if you get pulled or worse have an accident without proper cover you will be in deep s**t

Comentario

Children in front seat

Is it business use if its as a favour? But you are right about the insurance, I should.

Comentario

Children in front seat

Best to check it out with your insurance company to be sure. Then you will know 100%.
            Is it business use if its as a favour? But you are right about the insurance, I should.

Comentario

I will. The more I read on the internet, the more I am starting to worry about other things like driving with just my UK licence when I have got my Residencia (but only renting here and have kept my house in UK).

Comentario

I will. The more I read on the internet, the more I am starting to worry about other things like driving with just my UK licence when I have got my Residencia (but only renting here and have kept my house in UK).
                It gets worse, it's OK unless you get pulled or have an accident then it would seem they could throw the book at you. I don't think it worth the hassle. Unless you are not the worrying type, but I think you are, otherwise you wouldn't have asked the question in the first place.

Comentario

Me the worrying type...No...Well, just a bit! Checked with insurance company this morning, am not insured for a child under 12 in front. Phoned British Consulate; it is illegal. So that's it. Have really upset and annoyed the other family, but I can't do it. And am going to pluck up courage and go for the Spanish licence next week. Than you Simmy.

Comentario

This must catch a lot of people out who have now taken out the new Residencia Certificate because it is required to sign on the Padron. I spend roughly equal time in Spain and the UK, would wish to vote and more fully integrate in community life in Torrevieja so see the Padron as important. However, I feel my main loyalties are still with the UK. Is it now legally required that I have a Spanish driving licence as well as the UK one which is recognised EU wide?

Comentario

And carrying on from that.... Do you need your Padron to convert your UK licence to the Spanish one? And this is all a bit scary; what happens if after a year you have to, or choose to, go back to the UK with all these official changes re Residence etc.? My UK licence expires in February so I really have no choice as I shouldn't be renewing it to a UK one but I seem to have read that you don't need to if you have an EU one and it has not expired.

Comentario

As it was explained to me:
                        6 months after taking residencia you must change your English licence for a Spanish one. You cannot do it before 6 months and you cannot have both. Presumably this is because your UK licence does not have your Spanish address on it. If your Spanish is any good you can find all the information you need at
                        Regards, Jeff.

Comentario

This is what you need.

1. Solicitud en impreso oficial que se facilitará en las Jefaturas de Tráfico y en la página Web de la DGT ()
                          2. Acreditación de identidad y residencia:
                          a. Documento Nacional de Identidad o Pasaporte: original en vigor.
                          b. Autorización de residencia o documento de identidad de su país o pasaporte, junto con el Certificado de Inscripción en el Registro Central de Extranjeros para extranjeros comunitarios: original en vigor.
                          c. Autorización de Residencia para extranjeros no comunitarios: original en vigor.
                          3. Permiso de conducción comunitario: original en vigor y fotocopia.
                          4. Fotografía actualizada: una original de 32 x 25 mm.
                          5. Talón foto, que se facilitará en las Jefaturas de Tráfico: cumplimentado y firmado dentro del recuadro correspondiente.
                          6. Declaración por escrito de no hallarse privado por resolución judicial del derecho a conducir vehículos a motor y ciclomotores, ni sometido a intervención o suspensión del que se posea.
                          7. Declaración por escrito de no ser titular de otro permiso o licencia de conducción, ya sea expedido en España o en otro país comunitario, de igual clase que el solicitado.

1.and 5. Forms from Jefatura de Trafico
                          2. Residencia/Passport
                          3. Your Licence
                          4. Photos.
                          6 and 7. Written declarations that 6, you are not banned or suspended and 7 that you do not have any other licences.

Regards.Jeff

Comentario

Hello Jeff
                            My Spanish it not that good but, where is the bit about your medical ? I was always lead to believe that you have to take a medical to obtain a Spanish driving licence.

golfer25

Comentario

I have yet to see a definitive answer to this. Some people say you need a medical cert to go with whatever licence. Others that you only need a cert for a new or replacement licence. There's no mention of a medical cert in the required documents for a simple licence exchange. I'm going to ask a Spanish friend if they can find out for me but until then it has to be a "Sorry,not sure."
                              Regards, Jeff.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X