Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Commercial Day 25th December, 2008 - just say 'NO'

Works pensions paid in yesterday and converted into a shocking amount less of Euros. What is happening ?

We had a good talk last night and also with the family back home.

They like us are not bothering with the celebration of Commercial Day 25th December. No presents, no overpriced and pointless cards and no going out.

We spoke to our friends last night as we have been going to see them to watch their satellite TV we having been a victim of Telmicro. Love the advert - is it for a chain store Marks and Spencers - 'Here come the Girls ?' inviting the usual binge spending on Christmas.

Not for us Marks and Spencers, we just don't have the euros any more.

No more bar visits either. Cheaper to drink Lidls wine at home !

The internet might have to go although it does include landline calls. At 45 euros a month its getting a bit to expensive.

How depressing you are, you need to get a life rather than sitting there spreading economic panic to the masses. Why don't you get off your behind and get a job to supplement your income if you are that worried?

"Commercial Day 25th December" sounds like you are a bowl of laughs, if you spend wisely and thoughtfully then xmas can be a great time for all, you don't have to spend huge amounts as its the thought that counts nothing else.

Comentario

Commercial day - say YES

You have the internet so you probably know full well whats happening with the euro. As for Christmas, I've never really been bothered about it anyway, always been too busy working and never really had much time to get into the mood, but now, more time on my hands I'm looking forward to it. It's all about spending time with the family and the ones you love, money doesen't come into it really. I do send a few cards out but normally have them sent from England as normally a member of the family is going over sometime just before, so that saves a bit on postage.
      Come on, get that party hat out, if you want to look a prat, wear a silly hat!

Originalmente publicado por koali Ver Mensaje
      Works pensions paid in yesterday and converted into a shocking amount less of Euros. What is happening ?

They like us are not bothering with the celebration of Commercial Day 25th December. No presents, no overpriced and pointless cards and no going out.

We spoke to our friends last night as we have been going to see them to watch their satellite TV we having been a victim of Telmicro. Love the advert - is it for a chain store Marks and Spencers - 'Here come the Girls ?' inviting the usual binge spending on Christmas.

The internet might have to go although it does include landline calls. At 45 euros a month its getting a bit to expensive.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Duderoo Ver Mensaje
        How depressing you are, you need to get a life rather than sitting there spreading economic panic to the masses. Why don't you get off your behind and get a job to supplement your income if you are that worried?

"Commercial Day 25th December" sounds like you are a bowl of laughs, if you spend wisely and thoughtfully then xmas can be a great time for all, you don't have to spend huge amounts as its the thought that counts nothing else.
        Wow, fantastic what great advice. I tell that to the dozens of my former colleagues who like me, have recently lost their jobs out here due to the collapse in property sales and we'll all go out en masse and get jobs that are so available. I really wish I had thought of that earlier. We can all become bar maids or work in the shops or..............You have saved my day. A million thanks ....not ! Happy Commercial Day !! Enjoy your credit card debt.

Comentario

You could always move back to the UK, on seconds thoughts no, don't do that, we don't want miserable gits like you here.

Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year, I am so excited and can't wait.

How very very sad you are.

What's even sadder is that you take the trouble to come on here and tell us about it. Most odd.
          Editado por última vez por Placebo; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/1310-placebo en , 14:03:40.

Comentario

Wow, fantastic what great advice. I tell that to the dozens of my former colleagues who like me, have recently lost their jobs out here due to the collapse in property sales and we'll all go out en masse and get jobs that are so available. I really wish I had thought of that earlier. We can all become bar maids or work in the shops or..............You have saved my day. A million thanks ....not ! Happy Commercial Day !! Enjoy your credit card debt.
            I don't have a credit card and I work so this really doesn't affect me that much, as for people working in property sales you can hardly complain after ripping off Brits when times where good, but hey no one thought of them building too many houses in Spain when the going was good, as long as you got your commission, now all of the expats are suffering due to an international recession and greed from property sales and building companies.

Comentario

Adios for now.

Well, have had the law laid down tonight. Pound down to E1.16 or 86.1 p so the internet goes tomorrow until matters improve. Adios - its been fun.

PS. I was never on commission being one of the back room girls sorting out contracts, electric and water hook ups etc etc. Still, all in the past now.

Comentario

BTW - Has anyone clocked the current M&S advert for a meat pie?
                "Apparently" it contains the best Aberdeen Angus beef.
                Where is the advertising watchdog here?
                Does such wording not convey to you that indeed the pie DOES NOT contain the said beef?

We often also have other meaningless statements like "up to", or claims like "can" instead of "will", among others.
                Each time I hear them I know they're telling lies.

Never mind, everyone have a nice Xmas and ,yes, you don't need to spend any more than usual.

Comentario

Well, have had the law laid down tonight. Pound down to E1.16 or 86.1 p so the internet goes tomorrow until matters improve. Adios - its been fun.

PS. I was never on commission being one of the back room girls sorting out contracts, electric and water hook ups etc etc. Still, all in the past now.
                  Thank F*** for that hope you keep your word

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por simmy Ver Mensaje
                    I don't think it's proper to be disrespectful towards opinions you don't necessary agree with.
                    One man's Xmas is possibly another man's nightmare.
                    So please keep it friendly.

Comentario

For those of us who believe Christmaas is a religious celebration it will still be one of the best times it has ever been and no need to spend lots of money. Churches are free at the point of sale!

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por rspltd Ver Mensaje
                        For those of us who believe Christmaas is a religious celebration it will still be one of the best times it has ever been and no need to spend lots of money. Churches are free at the point of sale!
                        "and pass the collection tray vicar !"

(apologies, I just couldn't resist it)

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por simmy Ver Mensaje
                          I agree......If you don`t like people responding to your depressing post. Keep your mouth shut. Merry Christmas.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                          X