Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Use of Mobile Blue Tooth in the car

Seemingly it is now against the law here in Spain to use a Blue Tooth connection or any "Hands Free" whilst in the car.

A friend stopped in a layby to put his Blue Tooth Wireless connection in his ear started to move off, never used it and never actually left the layby and the police who were nearby came over stopped him and issued an on the spot fine of 105€ . He was totally unaware thet it was against the law

Can anybody advise where do you go to pay the fine.

Thanks

Roy
    Editado por última vez por parkerrw; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/639-parkerrw en , 17:28:47.

Originalmente publicado por parkerrw Ver Mensaje
    Seemingly it is now against the law here in Spain to use a Blue Tooth connection or any "Hands Free" whilst in the car.

A friend stopped in a layby to put his Blue Tooth connection in his ear started to move off, but never actually left the layby and the police who were nearby came over stopped him and issued an on the spot fine of 105€ . He was totally unaware thet it was against the law

Can anybody advise where do you go to pay the fine.

Thanks

Roy
    Unfortunately, the GC are becoming very hot upon this at the moment and indeed are targeting this and people driving and attempting to change CD´s. It does seem a little odd when these guys frequently drive along with a phone to one ear and a ciggy hanging out of their mouth that they can then prosecute someone for a similar act...its a clear case of do as I say, not as I do! Anyhow, these fines are normally payable at one of the usual Spanish banks and also unless the fine has gone up, there should be a 30% discount if you pay it with 15 days or so. Check what it states upon the penalty slip.

Comentario

Have now spoken to my insurance company Linea Directa and they say it is not against the law to use Blue Tooth cordless. So will contact the legal dept tomorrow

Roy

Comentario

i think there was a post on the other site that specified that you hve to remove the keys or turn off the engine when doing phone related stuff,

personally i wouldnt pay, and would wait and see what if anything happened.

i have a "ticket" for parking too near the corner 4 years ago which i ignored, and have heard nothing as yet.

kev

Comentario

Thanks Kev for info. The insurance company say that the use of Bluetooth wireless connection is OK especially if not actually using it. They are now dealing with it.

Roy

Comentario

i dont know if its true, but i was told that the police have financial targets to meet every month, but this case seems a bit harsh,does a lay by or car park class as the highway over here, and do the rules relating to phones apply regardless?

i suppose if anything is diverting your attention away from the process of driving then the police have a case, i wonder how the kids will feel when you have to start locking them in the boot with the vests triangles extinguishers and cam belt (and tools) spare specs, first aid kits and bulbs.

lol

Comentario

From what I was told, by a friend of a guardia civil... the guardia civil have only authorised one type of device and that is one where no buttons have to be pressed to call or answer a call, no ear piece is required (as it could fall and cause a destraction) and where basically you don't have to take your hands off the wheel to use.

Seems a bit of a trap to fine you before you've even driven with it though.

Just for the record, if anyone does have a fine to pay, you can pay it in the post office, and if you pay within 15 days there is a discount (can't remember if it's 30 or 50% though).

Comentario

Trabajando...
              X