Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Cheaper Prices for UK Food

We should all be checking prices at Iceland and Dell Boys'.

For example, at Iceland, items marked at a pound were selling for 1.50 euros.
    I reckon we should be getting the item for something like 1.20-1.25 euros, maybe less.

Same applies to Bell Boy - I haven't been keeping a record of prices up 'till now.

Let's question the prices each time we visit these retailers; otherwise they'll rip us off.

Could not agree more. Went in there this afternoon, as an example, they had a waitrose ham joint with a uk price on it of 29 pounds their price was 49 euros that is 49 pounds at todays rate. I know they have to pay transportation costs etc and probably bought alot of their products when the pound was stonger but I think their prices are starting to look high. I notice carrefour and gamma are a lot cheaper for many uk produts. If they are to continue their early success I think they will have to re-think their pricing policy. I know that I spent a lot less today than I usually do.

Comentario

I agree wholeheartedly. We are now being ripped off by Iceland et al. I was thinking about naming and shaming them by writing to the local free rag. Then again, the only way is to vote with your feet and the ever lighter purse !

Comentario

Went into a supermarket in Quesada today. Packet of biscuits were 2 for 89p marked on the packet. They were selling them for 1.45 euro. Needless to say I did not buy them.

We are now saying that's almost £1.45 and you cannot justify that for a packet of rich tea biscuits that are only about 69p in Asda.

I have started trying to find spanish equivalents for stuff. Have now managed to find very similar to kit kats, mars bars, twix's in Mercadona for a good price rather than pay the english supermarket prices,.

Del Boys are one of the cheaper ones but are still expensive the same as Iceland.

Unfortunately there are sometimes no equivalents for some stuff. We still like our sweet pickle, mint sauce, apple sauce etc etc.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por torry Ver Mensaje
          Could not agree more. Went in there this afternoon, as an example, they had a waitrose ham joint with a uk price on it of 29 pounds their price was 49 euros that is 49 pounds at todays rate. I know they have to pay transportation costs etc and probably bought alot of their products when the pound was stonger but I think their prices are starting to look high. I notice carrefour and gamma are a lot cheaper for many uk produts. If they are to continue their early success I think they will have to re-think their pricing policy. I know that I spent a lot less today than I usually do.

Very surprised to read that as we never touch Carrefour for UK products. Their international section at the very end of the store is very expensive compared with Del Boys, Johnsons etc

Comentario

Yes yllig I agree a lot of uk products in the international section are more expensive but look in the freezers,cereal aisles etc and you will find uk/international products at lower prices.
            I would add I am not a Carrefour fan but just saying we need to look around for the best prices.
            Editado por última vez por torry; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/3060-torry en , 19:12:53. Razón: spelling

Comentario

Perhaps it would be worth speaking to the manager and asking a few questions. He is English so you haven't got a language problem (he understands Irish, Scottish and Welsh, if you speak slowly)

Comentario

Bilingual Manager

Originalmente publicado por Chrisdee Ver Mensaje
                He is English so you haven't got a language problem (he understands Irish, Scottish and Welsh, if you speak slowly)
                My God! An Englishman who understands Irish Scottish & Welsh - even most Irish Scots & Welsh don't understand Gaelic!

I just want to say that as at today's date 08/12/2009 Iceland are still using an exchange rate of €1.25 to GBP when the Great British Pound is struggling to maintain €1.11 on the Forex market and failing miserably.

Comentario

The one upside to the weak pound, which should compensate those of us who live abroad, is that Britain's exports are far more competitive. It might be for the exporters. They are clearly not passing the savings on to their customers. It seems to be the usual British malaise: Stack it high - sell it EXPENSIVE.

My 'cupboard bills' went up 25% when I started shopping at Iceland. I suggest everyone thinks twice before dropping anything into their shopping trolley.

I went into GAMA on La Florida. A tub of Bisto was ... wait for it: 5.95€ That is not retailing - that is the barefaced mugging of their customers. I am surprised they don't hire pickpockets and bag-snatchers and be done with it.

Comentario

I don't think the prices in Iceland are too bad now, the Brussel Sprouts were cheaper in there than the market 2 days ago. 750 gms for 1.25 euros, lovely little button Brussels, hardly any waste at all. If I think something is too expensive I won't buy it, if something is marked up as £1 on the package and they were selling it for 3 euros I would have a word with the manager and let it be known how disgusting that was.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por yllig Ver Mensaje

I have started trying to find spanish equivalents for stuff. Have now managed to find very similar to kit kats, mars bars, twix's in Mercadona for a good price rather than pay the english supermarket prices,.
                      This seem like a good idea - anyone got some other examples ?

Del Boys are one of the cheaper ones
                      Where is this, please?

Unfortunately there are sometimes no equivalents for some stuff. We still like our sweet pickle, mint sauce, apple sauce etc etc.
                      Yeah.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                      X