Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• pet passport info anyone?

I wondered if anyone could help ,I recently given a loving home to a abandoned dog & now have just found out unexpectadly & quite urgantly that i have to return to the uk,therefore i am trying to find out as much information as possible about dog passports.
    I am wanting to know where u get them?.(vets?) Is there a passport for just oneway?, how much does it cost? I know you need a rabbies jab etc,does anyone know if u can get this and then apply for the passport closer to the time of travel? What other chips,jabs etc are needed and when? I am on the torrevieja,orihuela costa border and would be greatful of any vet surgery recomendations?
    Thanks in advance.

They are not easy/quick to obtain

1. Dog must be microchipped
    2. Dog must be vaccinated against Rabies
    3. After about 1 month a blood test is done to check the level of antibodies
    4. If the level is acceptable the passport can be issued, BUT you need to wait until 6 MONTHS after the test before you can use the Passport to enter the UK

If the blood test fails you would need to re-vaccinate and re-test

Also to ener the UK the animal must have been given treatment for ticks and for tape worm. More than 24 hours, but not more than 48 hours, before arriving UK

We used Pets World near San Miguel for T&T treatment. Passport was done in UK, where it cost about £200

Read more here:

Defra, UK - Animal health and welfare - Pet Travel Scheme

Pat

Comentario

Sorry to hear about your dilema - but everything that Pat has written is accurate, really you need to allow about 8 months in total from beginning to end to be able to enter the UK - do hope you can sort something/someone out to help you with the dog.

Comentario

I would look on the defra.gov website it has up to date info I was told to research this site by the vet who issued our pets passports and you can also get the info from the British Consulate in Madrid as to timings it took me 6 weeks in the UK from start to finish
        I am absolutely sure when I got my pet passports I was told I would not be able to return to the UK within 6 months so I think it is that you can't return to the counrty of passport origin not the other way around

Comentario

The entry requirements for a pet into an EU country varies between countries, some only require a wait of 21 days after vaccination. More information at the DEFRA link provided in my previous post

For entry to the UK you must wait for 6 months after testing, regardless of where in the EU the passport is obtained

Pat

Comentario

Trabajando...
          X