Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• El Perpetuo Socurro health insurance

I am considering signing up for a health insurance policy with the above for peace of mind (I am under 60). Can anyone pls give me their opinion on them?

Thanks

Hi there I am with perpetuo and have been for a few years, one thing you have to know is that if you have an existing medical problem they will not insure you for it, but none of the others will either so it would be wiser to pay into the Spanish system, I believe that is being sorted out as we speak. My Husband was also with them but has decided to cancel his policy for that reason but mostly because every year they put the premiums up by 3 euros per month we queried this, to be told that oh yes every year you get older so the premium goes up accordingly, by the time we are pensioners I dread to think what the cost will be. I also remember reading about someone that needed a hip replacement and perpetuo paid for the operation but not for the hip which cost thousands, I don't know how other insurers deal with that issue though. I would certainly look into other companies first before you make your decision.

Comentario

Hi I was with El Perpetuo Socorro for 8 years and they were fantastic. I went into hospital twice for ops (San jaime) and they took care of everything. Of course they do not take on existing conditions but that is of all health insurance companies. There are two people in the office in Alicante Maria and Alan who speak perfect English and are there for any advie. I am sure you will not be disappointed. Also they allow you a wellman/woman check up every year.

Comentario

We were with them , my son was mugged and his nose was broken, took him to hospital with the paperwork, they operated to repair the damage, then told we were not covered, if he had fallen down the stairs at home he would have been.
        That was 800 euros, we had to pay.

Then he had a stomach ache, was in hospital a week, they then said it was his appendix, so operated, came home, 2 months later told we had to pay as it was a twisted bowel (a condition we had notified them of, that he gets) when we said they said it was appendix and had removed it, was told they took it out as he was opened up (didnt ask permission) but it was the bowel. 2000 euros to pay, how could we disprove this, paid 1500 euros and cancelled policy.

Comentario

Thank you for your replies. It's really difficult to decide what to do.

Comentario

If you are already in the system and have a SIP card I would stick to paying into the Spanish Health system. Apparently it is going to cost between 200 - 300 euros per quarter per person. You are covered for everything and no financial limit. Every early retiree who is already in the system will be receiving a letter soon (so they say).

Originalmente publicado por busylady Ver Mensaje
            Thank you for your replies. It's really difficult to decide what to do.

Comentario

El Perpetuo Socurro health insurance

A friend is with this insurance company and has always been happy with them, except that when he went in for a hip replacement, unknown to him he was not covered for the actual new hip only for the operation etc. This seemingly was never explained to him when he took it out 5 yrs ago. Cost him 3500€

Comentario

Trabajando...
              X