X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Vaccinations for starting school

Hi,

We have been advised that we will need to get our son three different vaccinations for starting school and we need to get these at six week intervals can anyone confirm this.

Has anyone recently got the vaccinations done in Britain or is it better to wait until we come over.

Thanks,

Amanda

I think you do have to have a different course of injections here, I cant tell you exactly what.

We had one here and the next 2 in the UK at our medical centre in the UK.

Comentario

You will need a medical certificate before your child can attend school here. The best bet is to take your red book in at the same time as you get this and the doctors will tell you if any more are needed. The one extra my son needed was Heptatitis and that does indeed have three injections at intervals - in his case October, March and the last one to come in August.

Comentario

Thanks again for all your help

Amanda

Comentario

Hi Beastess,

Please can you confirm which strain of Heptatitis your son is getting vaccinated against.

Thanks again for your advice.

Amanda

Comentario

Hi

I'm a practice nurse in the Uk. Hepatitis B is given as a course of 3. The schedule is normally one vaccine at day one, 2nd vaccine after 1 month, 3rd vaccine 5 months later. An accelerated course can be given but is less likely to produce antibodies. Can be obtained free of charge from your GP.

Risk factors include: unprotected sexual intercourse; intravenous drug abuse; invasive medical treatment, tattooing, and acupuncture, using contaminated equipment; contaminated blood products.

Your child is probably very low risk of contracting Hep B so you decide if you want him vaccinating.

can anyone tell me the start of the September term in the public schools
            Thanks
            Liz

Comentario

Comentario

Hi Liz and beastess,

Thanks for your advice once again.

I have contacted my doctor and I am getting him vaccinated against Hepatitis A and B the NHS advise anyone going to Spain for more than four weeks to be vaccinated against Hepatitis A so I am getting it as well.

When my son should be getting the last vaccination for Hepatitis B we will be in Spain so I was thinking on doing it the quicker way he is only seven will there be a big diffrence in the antibodies or would this be a cause for concern if he was older.

Thanks again,

Amanda

Comentario

Hi

Do not worry about him having the accelerated schedule- many people go along this route. They should do a blood test 8 weeks after the completed hep b course this will show if has protection from hep b. If not he can have another dose. The antibodies are protective for about 5 years and then a booster is recommended every 5 years.

If you are having Hep A vaccination aswell make sure you go back for the booster after 6-12 months and then you will be covered for 10 years.

your child is more likely to be at risk of getting Hep A but children are not normally very poorly with it. When the adults get the infection they are really poorly so it is worth being immunised against Hep A.

Liz

Comentario

Thanks Liz your advice had really put my mind at rest the nurse in my practice had made me feel really guilty about multi dosing.

Thanks again,

Amanda

Comentario

Trabajando...
                    X