Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Spanish Life

Some friends of ours are visiting our apartment soon and want to experience "real Spanish life". Any suggestions about where they can go, both locally (Playa Flamenca) on foot for evenings and day time by car? TIA

May I recommend as a day trip the 'Santuario de Fuensanta' which is in the hills overlooking Murcia City. The place is spectacular and is open to the public 10 til 1 most days. It is marked on most maps. It has a tapas bar on a terrace with the actual sanctuary behind which is like a cathedral. There is a small gift shop. a drive to the hills above it reveals even more spectacular views.

For an even longer day trip, and real mountains, how about Aledo situated in the Sierras de Espuma?

More locally, Cartagena is always worth a visit making sure to catch the glass lift to enter the Civil War museum in the caves under the castle then up to the castle itself. The castle in Alicante is great as well.

Small town - Pilar de la Horadada, Los Montesinos?

Comentario

John,

I found your thread really helpful, I visit Cabo Roig and am always looking for new places nearby to explore, how far is Santuario de Fuensanta and Aledo from Cabo Roig, I have passed through Pilar de la Horadada and never noticed anything in it, am I missing something? Can you suggest anywhere else south of Cabo Roig that is interesting and worth a visit.

Comentario

Try north of Murcia, everywhere around OC and Torre is a shadow of Spain and the beautiful villages destroyed by the Spanish developers attaching ugly urbans next to villages like Goffa.
        Editado por última vez por Duderoo; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2793-duderoo en , 13:27:05.

Comentario

Why not go to San Pedro del Pinatar you can walk out on the slipway between the Mar Menor & Med it is around a 5km walk out and back if you are feeling energetic that is and there are lots of tapas bars at the water's edge
          You can also visit Jumilla it is a very spanish town in the north west of Murcia and walk the wine trail visitng bodegas on the way

Comentario

thanks, I am going over tomorrow so I will try one of those, I got a new sat nav so I am dying to try it out in spain!

Comentario

I think they might like the Pedrera Lakes (see Torremundo on map) north of San Miguel de Salinas on CV 95 I think. Really beautiful. Not a long drive either.

Comentario

thanks for your reply, it doesnt seem too far away.

Comentario

Thnaks for all your replies. We have just come back from spain and I have put together something about Spanish food. Will do some thing on places soon.

Comentario

Have added a page to my web site visit-playa-flamenca under food and drink.
                    Any comments?

Comentario

Why not try some of Davids coach trips to some of the fiestas?

COACHTRIPS S.L

Comentario

Trabajando...
                      X