Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Driving Licences

We have been advised that if you do not speak Spanish you need to take an interpreter to Traffico at Alicante. As well as completed forms, residence certificate and medical certificate( whatever age you are). If you are not fluent it is easier to get a Gestoria to do this for you. Can anyone advise me if this is correct. When I went previously 5 years ago I did this myself and had no problem

A friend of ours continues to drive on a UK licence but has also been advised to get a medical because without this the insurance is void!

Sorry not sure about all the details with a Spanish driving licence, but if you have a European driving licence ( the credit card one with photograph ) they can NOT refuse insurance. This licence is valid throughout Europe.

Comentario

You can opt to continue to drive on a valid UK ID type driving licence in Spain until such time as it expires - then you must (assuming you are resident in Spain) apply for a Spanish licence.

However from what I have read from reliable sources Spain was granted by the EU the right to also demand that foreign drivers follow the same rules as the Spanish and obtain the Health Certificate which must either be kept with your UK licence or handed over when applying for the Spanish one at Traffico.

Comentario

Trabajando...
      X