Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Laws on Community Swimming Pools

I have been told that Valencia Law forbids the use of inflatables in Community swimming pools. Does anyone know if this is true and if so where I can find a copy of this law? Many holiday makers ignore the Community rule forbidding the use of inflatables so I am hoping that if it is law that they might pay a bit more attention to it. Thanks.

' tis true that you cannot use inflatables in communal pools due to the fact someone drowned a few years ago.
    It very much depends on you community we are only small so inflatables are not allowed otherwise there would be no room for those of us who want to swim
    Yor administrator should be able to get the law for you

Comentario

swimming pool law

i recall this very situation being discussed a couple of years ago and you may find another thread either here or in the legal forum. it is not law that inflatables are not used, however from a health and safety perspective it may be recommended and from a comfort perspective it may be advisable.

Comentario

There is a definate law stating that inflatables are banned in Communal pools and if it is not already the case you need a sign up by the pool stating this and other rules. Gal is correct your Administrator should advise. The danger arises if the pool is full of inflatables and a child (or adult) is drowning no-one can see that there is a problem. Some insurance Companies insist this rule is upheld so check yours. If you manage to find a way to police this without spending 24/7 round the pool let me know. We tend to let them be used if there are not many pool users but ask them to be removed when the pool fills up with bathers.

Comentario

According to the solicitors on this site there are no Spanish laws which ban inflatables or anything else to do with pools, however you can bring the rule in at an AGM.

Comentario

pools

It might also be a requirement of your community insurance?

Comentario

I took this from a document I found

Pool regulations has the force of a local by-law

Lilos and inflatables are dangerous. Owners have a joint responsibility for accidents that occur in their swimming pools. Not all insurance policies cover. This can be avoided with proper signs. And if a pool user breaks the regulations, the police can be called, and the offender can be heavily fined.October 2004 (Source: Guide)

A ban on lilos and inflatables in community pools is standard throughout this area. Community pools tend to be small, only one or two people choosing to use a lilo or inflatable in a swimming pool means that there is little space left for other users of the pool. Lilos can also be dangerous, it's easy to fall asleep on a lilo in the hot summer sun and drownings have been known to occur as a result.It's important to bear in mind that owners have joint financial responsibility for any accidents that might occur in their swimming pool. Some insurance policies do not cover the use of lilos and so should there be an accident, owners on the estate may find that they have to dig deep in their pockets to compensate the victim. This is the single most important reason, from the point of view of owners, of banning lilos in their swimming pool.Where owners have voted at a properly constituted meeting to have a ban on the lilos and inflatables in the pool, then this regulation has the force of a local by-law. In order for the regulation to have a legal effect, a sign detailing the rules must be place by the pool side in a well visible location. The sign must be in Spanish in order to be legally valid, signs in English only cannot be legally enforced. It's advisable in this area to post such signs in Spanish, English and German.Where a pool user breaks the regulations, the local police can be called to take action against the offender. The President of the community or some other such authorised person should first warn the offender, and should this warning be ignored, the police can be called.According to article 55 of the same Valencian law on swimming pools, failure to comply with these regulations is an offence punishable by a fine of up to 600 euros in the case of minor infractions, and up to 60 000 euros in the case of more serious infractions.

Comentario

The solicitors should know about this if they are taking money from communities to administer or am I wrong again ?????????

Comentario

Trabajando...
                X