Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Gas water heaters

We are thinking about changing our electric water heater for a gas heater and have been told that these are much cheaper to run. We also thought it would save on the limited electicity supply so we can use this to keep warmer in the winter.....especially if we install cold/warm air conditioning. We have been quoted about 400 Euro. Has anyone tried these. Would be very grateful for some feedback. (For instance how do you know if your gas is about to run out?)

The only way you know your gas is about to run out is to pick up the bottle and wiggle it about a bit. You can hear the remaining gas like a liquid sound at the bottom of the canister. If the gas canister is low you can get more out of it if you tilting it slightly by wedging something underneath it. It will generally run out when you are in the shower and covered in soap. When someone's having a shower in our house you can't run any other tap as it affects the temperature. Also I have to run and waste a lot of cold water before my gas-heated water comes through. Gas is cheap to run (less than 9 euros per canister) but I'd like to change over to electricity one of these days when I can afford it!

Jane

Comentario

Gas water heaters.

Thanks Jane, that sounds like a no to changing to gas then. We thought we could have a spare canister of gas at the ready when one runs out. How long does a gas bottle last you.....for how many people....bathing or showering? Sorry about all the questions and I know it's very difficult to say but we're trying to work out if the disadvantages out-weigh any advantages.

Pat

Comentario

Yes, you can have one spare to change over straightaway, but you've still got to get out of the shower to do it, or yell for someone else! Actually, you can anticipate this so that it's not too much of a problem! Lots of people use gas quite happily so I wouldn't like to think your decision is based solely on my anecdotal evidence!!

How long they last - depends a great deal. A couple of weeks maybe for a small family with normal habits

Jane

Comentario

We changed from gas to electric, but found that once the water had gone cold after about two showers it took considerably longer than the immersion heaters in England to get water warmed. With gas the hot water was almost intant. We are now thinking of having some sort of system so that we could use either gas or electric

Comentario

I have used both electric and now gas to heat water, the best is gas as it is cheaper, the gas heater you can pick up cheap I know a person who supply and fits them who I can vouch for, he is reasonable and reliable! you can buy them from carrefour cheap enough, but remember that you need proper ventilation!!!!!!!!!
            maybe contact me if you want a the guy I used number

Comentario

It is possible to buy a strip to put on the outside of the cannister to let you know how much gas is left- usually sold through the gadget books that come via the post

Comentario

Gas Water Heaters

Thanks for the help everyone.
                Would be very interested to know the name, phone number and cost of the heater installed by the person you are recommending Rayzoray. We have had a quote but don't know if it's very competitive.

Comentario

His name is Roberto call him on 626710222 he said he can do it as soon as today

Comentario

Trabajando...
                  X