• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Solaris TV/Great British TV

Latest from Valencian News

BRITS DETAINED

Seven British people -four men and three women - have been detained in Los Montesinos and Orihuela-Costa for offering illegal TV services to over seven thousand clients - the majority of whom were fellow countrymen in the provinces of Alicante and Murcia, charging fifteen Euros monthly and an 890 Euros installation fee. Sources in the Guardia Civil have revealed that according to first estimates, the fraud committed by the group could be as high as thirty million Euros in unpaid rights and taxes. After the arrests, police confiscated 90,000 Euros in cash, computer equipment, signal decoders and transmission equipment with a value of over half a million Euros. The investigations started last August, when members of the Corps noticed that near the home of the one of the detainees there was an extremely powerful set of parabolic antennas, allowing the capture of several British-based satellite TV channels, that were then decoded and distributed amongst clients on the coast between Torrevieja in Alicante Province and San Pedro del Pinatar in Murcia Province. The police allege that the organization operated fraudulently, the company was not registered in Spain, no payments were made to Social Security as the law requires, whilst rights to the signal that was captured, decoded and re-broadcast to clients in fact was owned by other companies including Spain and UK

The Spanish police are very quick on the uptake! Quote"The investigations started last August, when members of the Corps noticed that near the home of the one of the detainees" Now the police arrested someone in August 2008 and now its made the paper in March 2009, they are on the ball !!!!. Could this be the the same news report we got last year on Telmicro Quote "All the equipment was loaded into an unmarked van, along with several envelopes visibly brimming with cash and several representatives of the company were detained by the Guardia Civil. A Guardia Civil Spokesman told Spanish newspaper Informacion, that they had seized over a million euros worth of equipment and over 500,000 euros in cash".

Is this just a coincident or is someone pushing old details!!
    Quotes are from a roundtown news

Comentario

Solaris

No this is new, the Police raided and arrested and closed them down on Tuesday 17 March. Last August they closed down Telemicro. So watch out there could be more re-broadcasters who are defrauding people taking cash for what in effect they provide be free!!

Comentario

hello Grange
        I went and found the details on the internet that you posted, I'am re posting with all the details.

The seven illegally distributed UK T.V. channels to mostly British clients in Alicante and Murcia

The Guardia Civil operation, code-named Odyssea, and broken up last week, against a pirate television system run in Orihuela by a group of British residents, is now estimated to have defrauded 30 million €.

Seven Britons, four men and three women, were arrested in Los Montesinos and Orihuela. The men have been named as 49 year old D.J.H., 22 year old M.A.H, 25 year old J.J.H., and 43 year old R.J.B., while the women are named as 40 year old A.L.S. 49 year old L.J.H. and 24 year old J.K.C.

They captured satellite television signals from the U.K. and then distributing them to some 7,0000 mostly British clients along the coasts of Alicante and Murcia. They charged 890 € for the installation of a decoder and then 15 € a month and operated a fake company with a nonexistent registered address.

Nine homes were searched in Los Montesinos, Rojales, Orijuela and San Pedro del Pinatar in Murcia, and more than 90,000 € cash was recovered with an estimated 600,000 € worth of communications and computer equipment.

Those arrested face charges of fraud, illegal association, copyright infringement and tax evasion.

The Guardia Civil operation started last August when it was noted that one of those arrested had powerful satellite dishes installed in his home in Orihuela and had purchased many decoders in the U.K. and Ireland.

30 million Euro fraud carried out by seven Britons in TV scam in Spain

Comentario

I just happend to be driving past the home of solaris on tuesday as the guardia were removing equipment(smashing down the transmiter).

They were most likley shut down for tax evation or braodcasting from a residential address or broadcasting showsports and show movies.
          Time will tell.

It would also apear that superbeam are broadcasting showsports on the box office channel so my guess is they will be next.

One final thought if its not legal to rebroadcast BBC ITV in spain then why do sky. Yes you need a big dish but never the less sky only have the rights to rebroadcast these channels in the uk. So if this ever gets to court and they rule rebroadcasting in spain is not legal you may find sky have to narrow there beam so all those people who spent 800 plus on 1.9 or 2.4 dishes may also loose these channels

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por mesh master Ver Mensaje
            One final thought if its not legal to rebroadcast BBC ITV in spain then why do sky.
            sky do not rebroadcast channels - they come directly from the satellite to your personal dish

and saying that sky do not even broadcast bbc or itv....or many other channels.

the bbc and itv and many many other channels are totally independant to sky. infact sky own less than 50 channels that are available on their sytsems (sky1,2,3, sky sports, sky movies, hallmark, etc). virgin and bbc world wide own uktv (ie ukgold), virgin own challenge and bravo.
            sky do not own satellites or operate them.
            all channels (bbc itv sky etc) rent the frequencies from Astra who do own the satellites.
            bbc and itv (and others) on pay sky for placement on the sky epg. as they also pay freesat for placement on the freesat epg.

so if you have a generic or freesat box you are getting the free bbc and itv
            and other free tv channels directly from the satellite

nothing to do with sky at all...

also:
            there are two methods available to limit your signals so that you do not broadcast to areas whre you should not.....
            the first is move your channels to a weak signal satellte and therefore reducing the area that your channels area available...yes if you have a big enough dish you will still receive them, but at least you will not get them on a small 80cm dish..
            the second method is, even if the channels are available on a smaller dish, you limit their availability by encrypting them, and only issueing card to unencrypt them to addresses in the "correct country".

if the free bbc channels were to move to pan european satellite, then they would probably have to pay for pan european programme rights...not too sure who uk license fee payers would like that....
            Editado por última vez por satandpcguy; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/3071-satandpcguy en , 09:05:00.

Comentario

Last Friday's edition of the Costa Blanca News (south) carried the story of the demise of Solaris TV. In the article the newspaper stated that under Spanish Law re-broadcasting is legal and that the Closure of Solaris related to tax evasion, lack of licensing and registration here in Spain.

While there are some who have taken the opportunity to further their own ends and once again condem re-broadcasting, customers of Torresat should be re-assured by the article written by someone better informed and with no personal agenda of their own. I know there will some replies written on this thread that will still claim re-broadcasting is illegal but at least now people have an independant statement from a respected newspaper rather than the barrack room internet lawyer with nothing better to do than sit at his pc and rant all day.

I wish you all well

Comentario

Why would i want to pay you, for re broadcasting BBC and ITV that are free? You have no right to re broadcast something that is free and expect people to pay. No its not illegal to re broadcast under Spanish rules, but I am sure the ITV and BBC wont be to pleased to know that this is happening.Web site and details have been forwarded to the relevant departments on your behalf. Thought i would share this :-

FREESAT LAUNCHES TODAY

06 May 2008

Sector:Broadcasting
                · Free digital television and HD for everyone – no subscription, no contract
                · BBC HD available now and ITV HD to launch exclusively on Freesat

from the ITV website

Please see the word FREE, not subscription payment, FREE
                We are not backstreet Lawyers, we deal with the truth from genuine company's.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Torresat Ver Mensaje
                  Last Friday's edition of the Costa Blanca News (south) carried the story of the demise of Solaris TV. In the article the newspaper stated that under Spanish Law re-broadcasting is legal and that the Closure of Solaris related to tax evasion, lack of licensing and registration here in Spain.

While there are some who have taken the opportunity to further their own ends and once again condem re-broadcasting, customers of Torresat should be re-assured by the article written by someone better informed and with no personal agenda of their own. I know there will some replies written on this thread that will still claim re-broadcasting is illegal but at least now people have an independant statement from a respected newspaper rather than the barrack room internet lawyer with nothing better to do than sit at his pc and rant all day.

I wish you all well
                  Would this be the same 'respected' Newspaper who not long ago said it WAS illegal to re-broadcast ?????
                  BBC and Sky deny transmission rights in Spain

THE BBC told CB News this week that no company based in Spain has a licence to show its public service channels.
                  They stated that it is illegal to rebroadcast these channels in Spain without a licence from them.
                  The BBC and Sky have both told CB News that companies that do this are breaking copyright laws.
                  A spokesman for the BBC explained this week that the BBC’s public service channels –BBC1, BBC2 and the digital channels – are produced for broadcast in the UK only.
                  He added that although European law allows channels that are broadcast in an EEA (European Economic Area) country to be licensed for cable redistribution in another EEA country, the BBC only currently licenses cable redistribution in the Republic of Ireland, Belgium and the Netherlands.
                  “The BBC’s public service channels are not licensed for broadcast in any other countries,” the spokesman added.
                  “Our international news channel, BBC World News is distributed in Spain.
                  “BBC Worldwide’s international general entertainment channel, BBC Prime, is licensed directly to individual subscribers in Spain but is not currently licensed to a cable, satellite or other platform.”
                  But he added that cable operators in Spain could come to an agreement with the BBC, as they have done in the Benelux countries.
                  He continued: “If a cable operator wishes to redistribute the BBC’s channels it must enter into a licence with the BBC and other underlying rights holders.
                  “The BBC can choose whether or not to license the BBC’s public service channels for redistribution in this way.”
                  BskyB has already stated that it is illegal to receive its programmes in Spain.
                  A spokesman said: “We authorise the reception of Sky TV in the UK and Ireland only.
                  “Our terms and conditions expressly prohibit reception elsewhere in Europe.”

etc etc

Now i think we all know the story regarding re-broadcasting and we choose to go with them or not, but it is disingenuous and misleading of you to keep harping on about it being legal. Maybe the Spanish Govt may be giving you permission but they do what they want anyway. It's not their product to license.

Comentario

Hate to be the person who brings sad tidings , but WE TOLD YOU SO!!!
                    There it is in black and white in the ROUND TOWN NEWS. Solaris "illegal" re distributing television signal without permission.
                    How many more will get fleeced by these people? on the gullible ex pat community.
                    Enough said!!

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por golfer2536 Ver Mensaje
                      Why would i want to pay you, for re broadcasting BBC and ITV that are free? You have no right to re broadcast something that is free and expect people to pay. No its not illegal to re broadcast under Spanish rules, but I am sure the ITV and BBC wont be to pleased to know that this is happening.Web site and details have been forwarded to the relevant departments on your behalf. Thought i would share this :-

FREESAT LAUNCHES TODAY

06 May 2008

Sector:Broadcasting
                      · Free digital television and HD for everyone – no subscription, no contract
                      · BBC HD available now and ITV HD to launch exclusively on Freesat

from the ITV website

Please see the word FREE, not subscription payment, FREE
                      We are not backstreet Lawyers, we deal with the truth from genuine company's.
                      Well bully for you. Give yourself a red star. You must live in cloud cuckoo land if you believe that they don`t already know, or have`nt known for the past twenty years. So why don`t you forward on to them something they don`t know.

Comentario

Hola Joycee
                        So you are the cleaver one, 15,000 other brits were foiled and payed the price to these illegal broadcasters. I just hope you never get conned and then complain!!
                        Finished

Comentario

freesat

Originalmente publicado por satandpcguy Ver Mensaje
                          sky do not rebroadcast channels - they come directly from the satellite to your personal dish

and saying that sky do not even broadcast bbc or itv....or many other channels.

the bbc and itv and many many other channels are totally independant to sky. infact sky own less than 50 channels that are available on their sytsems (sky1,2,3, sky sports, sky movies, hallmark, etc). virgin and bbc world wide own uktv (ie ukgold), virgin own challenge and bravo.
                          sky do not own satellites or operate them.
                          all channels (bbc itv sky etc) rent the frequencies from Astra who do own the satellites.
                          bbc and itv (and others) on pay sky for placement on the sky epg. as they also pay freesat for placement on the freesat epg.

so if you have a generic or freesat box you are getting the free bbc and itv
                          and other free tv channels directly from the satellite

nothing to do with sky at all...

also:
                          there are two methods available to limit your signals so that you do not broadcast to areas whre you should not.....
                          the first is move your channels to a weak signal satellte and therefore reducing the area that your channels area available...yes if you have a big enough dish you will still receive them, but at least you will not get them on a small 80cm dish..
                          the second method is, even if the channels are available on a smaller dish, you limit their availability by encrypting them, and only issueing card to unencrypt them to addresses in the "correct country".

if the free bbc channels were to move to pan european satellite, then they would probably have to pay for pan european programme rights...not too sure who uk license fee payers would like that....
                          please can you tell me whether or not a freesat box will pick up any tv using a flyswap/mesh ariel.I have bought one and am bringing it with me this week in the hope that it will provide us with some television.has anybody in the forum tried this method...please tell me it will work.

Comentario

freesat question

hi,i read your interesting piece about sat.tv and i sent a message to you but placed it at the end of your article rather than as a question..for this i apologise.i shall ask my question again....do you know whether or not i will be able to receive t.v.by installing a freesat receiver using my flyswat/meah ariel?i have bought this digital freesat receiver and am really hoping that this will be the answer to my lack of television in torrevieja.you seem to be very knowledgable and i would gratefully appreciate your views.many thanks indeed.regards,rosemary.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por mac3blade Ver Mensaje
                              please can you tell me whether or not a freesat box will pick up any tv using a flyswap/mesh ariel.I have bought one and am bringing it with me this week in the hope that it will provide us with some television.has anybody in the forum tried this method...please tell me it will work.
                              a freesat branded digibox is designed to receive signals directly from the satellites, not via a third party rebroadcasters....

so the answer is no, it will not work on you old mesh aerial.

if you want to use a freesat receiver in spain then you will need to installa satellite dish pointing at the uk tv satellites....and the channels you get on freesat will depend on the size of your dish....many can be received on an 80cm dish, but the main bbc, itv and c4's will require a 1.45m minimum dish.
                              Editado por última vez por satandpcguy; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/3071-satandpcguy en , 08:23:20.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X