Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Fireplace Inserts

Thinking of getting one of these inserts from a Bricolage shop but would need someone to do the installation in the fireplace. Has anyone had this done? Any recommendations of someone to do the job please?

Comentario

Thanks for that Jonathan. No doubt living on the touristy Costa most things will be more expensive here, although I do not actually know where your town is situated?? The name is not familiar.

Comentario

My place is about a 10 minute drive from Elche, and next to Catral

Comentario

I bought one this time last year and the guy in the Bricolage said I will be at your house to fit it in 40 mins and he was, the fitting was included. That said I dont find it particularly effective because I have a large open plan living room. I paid 1400 euros for supposedly the premier model and think it was a waste of money for my size of room. The heat goes straight up the stairs to the high atrium. If you have the space and its feasible, go for a free standing model which will generate heat from all sides and they cost much less. If you have a small room and can close all the doors to the living space then an insert will probably work for you.

Comentario

I salvaged an old barbecue pan from near the bins and put it in my chimney space to burn sticks and pine cones. Totally free and works okay.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por scouselover
              I bought one this time last year and the guy in the Bricolage said I will be at your house to fit it in 40 mins and he was, the fitting was included. That said I dont find it particularly effective because I have a large open plan living room. I paid 1400 euros for supposedly the premier model and think it was a waste of money for my size of room. The heat goes straight up the stairs to the high atrium. If you have the space and its feasible, go for a free standing model which will generate heat from all sides and they cost much less. If you have a small room and can close all the doors to the living space then an insert will probably work for you.
              Thanks for that information, Scouselover, very helpful but as we are only on one level we would presumably not lose as much heat.

Comentario

I would have thought you need to connect and seal the flue of the fire to some sort of chimmeny liner - surely you can't just point it up the chimmeny ?

Comentario

Hi Elmcroft.

I'd be interested in the answer to this question too. My fireplace is brick and if you look up the chimney you can see the cowl and daylight above, but is this a proper chimney or just ornamental? I.e. can it take the heat of a wood fire, and would the smoke exit the chimney correctly?

I have one of the apartments at Los Dolses (same builder as most of the apartments on Villamartin). If anyone has any experience of fitting a fireplace into the grate I'd be interested to hear from them.

Thanks,

Chris.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                  X