Massive hike in summer car hire prices?

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Massive hike in summer car hire prices?

I have just priced a 2 week car hire from Alicante Airport. Is it just me or are all the prices for cars this summer alot more expensive!!! If so does anyone know why?

Euro to pound exchange rate is one reason I would think

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por David Priestman Ver Mensaje
      I have just priced a 2 week car hire from Alicante Airport. Is it just me or are all the prices for cars this summer alot more expensive!!! If so does anyone know why?
      hi, i know what you mean. we reserved a car in feb from autoamigos that cost was 327.00 euro or £248.00. now for the same car, same price in euros but 2 months on, the 327.00 euro car is £293.00 gbp that is a big difference in 2 months, this is why i have resolved to ask for a lift from the airport on my new post.

Comentario

Hi All, I had an e-mail from Do you Spain.com, saying that most of the car hire firms will not be purchasing as many new cars as they normally do due to the recession. So as the demand for hire cars grows so will the price of hiring them.
        Sping.

Comentario

Hirecarsinspain sent us an email recently ..

Unfortunately this summer there is going to be a shortage of cars in Spain due to all the suppliers (except Econorent) buying less cars due to the credit crunch and the banks unwilling to lend money to buy cars. Goldcar and Aurigacrown are both buying approx. 4,000 less cars this Summer and this is the same for other suppliers as well. The best solution is to book your car hire as soon as you book your flights that way you get the car you want for the right price.

Comentario

Glad I took my car over last year after hearing that bit of info. Car hire in Spain has been very cheap for a long time. I often wondered how they made it pay something had to give.

Comentario

Has anyone used Argus Car Hire, who advertize on this page?

Any feedback please?

Comentario

i will be doing my obligatory search in the next few weeks for various car hire requests for June / August + October

4th-9th June 6 days
                12th-14th June 3 days
                19th-23rd June 5 days

7th-21st August 15 days

24th-30th Oct 7 days

i will post my best results from various suppliers on my normal choice the Bling Bling as the kids call it ( Berlingo )

Comentario

Trabajando...
                X