Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• why Torrevieja this year?

Ok the Mrs and kids are doing my head in about getting a holiday this year, even though I dont think we can afford it. Its been 2 years since we were last in Torre and alot has changed most of all you cant get 1.50 euros for a £1.00 now. What are the prices really like now? and is it going to be worth my while paying £900.00 for flights at this late stage for July or August or should I wait for next year? Are there any problems getting accomodation this year (we like the Los Locos area La Dama) but I hear some of the bars we really liked are no longer there or have new owners? Where in Torre or La Mata would you go to if you had the choice and you weren't renting a car?
    Please try and convince me that this year its worthwile and that a week in London with no Euros and £10.00 flights would not be better.

Are you sure the flights are that dear?, airlines are looking for customers to, rental prices down, restaurants offering deals, sun guaranteed, what is your problem? or go to a UK beach, enjoy the rain and pebbles and sea weed. Hmm touch decision.

Comentario

In this present climate - 900 squidz for 4 retun flights seems the going rate from the airlines I've been looking at..

2 of my children are flying Bristol to ALicante return Aug. 7th - 15 th- and it's costing me approx 377 .00 inc. online Visa charge and luggage etc
      Booked a few weeks ago.

Although the volume of air traffic may not be so high this year cos of the Cr. Crunchie , the airlines may cut back on flights rather than fly empty planes - or they may slash prices savagey....

You just don't know.
      Rumour has it the UK suummer's gonna be long and hot.....

But they said the same last year - and look wot happened.....t

Comentario

Family of 4 flying 19th August returning 27th August £414, ground floor bungalow for that week near to shops restaurants etc in Playa Flamenca £99, if anyone would like the website I got it from let me know, that particular property is fully booked for August but there were others ranging from £125-£150 for the week. Guaranteed sunshine, summer specials in most restaurants where children are warmly welcomed, good entertainment. Whats there to think about.

Comentario

Londons calling

Flights from Northern Ireland are not cheep but I am finding it more difficult with accomodation in the Los Locos area now need 2 bedrooms pool and aircon for 2 weeks starting 21/7 28/7 or 02/8 if anyone has any contacts I'd be very greatfull.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Rob1305 Ver Mensaje
            Are you sure the flights are that dear?, airlines are looking for customers to, rental prices down, restaurants offering deals, sun guaranteed, what is your problem? or go to a UK beach, enjoy the rain and pebbles and sea weed. Hmm touch decision.
            Much less likely to be car jacked, mugged or robbed though.

I know where I'd rather be!

Comentario

OK - Placebo - you got me - where ?

And - why ?

Don't you think you're over-reacting here...
              I do.

Comentario

Placebo ( you a fan of Brian Moloko - or something close then ¿) said -

"Much less likely to be car jacked, mugged or robbed though.

I know where I'd rather be! "

You're obviously talking about the rougher areas of inner - city UK here ?

Like parts of Liverpool, London, Manchester - and elsewhere ?

Comentario

So Placebo, the UK is crime free is it? I think not!

Comentario

why torrevieja this year

Hi Placebo, we have an apartment first floor with large roof terrace sat tv etc in la rosaleda which is a few mins walk from los locos beach (near to the park off avenida paris/and waksman. It is available from 21st July but only for 11 days ( at a cost of £220) if you are interested then I could mail you some photos if you send me your email address. Mine is annewalker22@hotmail.com.

anne

Comentario

Absolutely Mazz !

I really think some people out here get their brains frazzled by too much Sun etc
                      Or - because of the tricky times at present + the dodgy GBP against the €, they conjure up a ' rose-coloured view ' of life bac kin the old country....Don't they realise that in spite of everything, in most cases you're still better off here.
                      Weather - not the least reason !

Comentario

Torrevieja is beginning to call now!

Originalmente publicado por Placebo Ver Mensaje
                        Much less likely to be car jacked, mugged or robbed though.

I know where I'd rather be!
                        I won't be driving I go on holiday to get away from that and so I can enjoy a cool beer or six I won't be walking around at the wee small hours by myself and anyone who tried to rob me wouldn't get much and would probably feel so sorry for me they'd probably leave me a few euros themselves.

Still looking for an Aircon'd 2 bedroom appartment with a pool though in Los Locos area.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por CountryFan Ver Mensaje
                          Placebo ( you a fan of Brian Moloko - or something close then ¿) said -

"Much less likely to be car jacked, mugged or robbed though.

I know where I'd rather be! "

You're obviously talking about the rougher areas of inner - city UK here ?

Like parts of Liverpool, London, Manchester - and elsewhere ?
                          I don't think Priddel would be considering those places as alternative resorts to visit. Do you?

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por priddel Ver Mensaje
                            I won't be driving I go on holiday to get away from that and so I can enjoy a cool beer or six I won't be walking around at the wee small hours by myself and anyone who tried to rob me wouldn't get much and would probably feel so sorry for me they'd probably leave me a few euros themselves.

Still looking for an Aircon'd 2 bedroom appartment with a pool though in Los Locos area.
                            Sounds like you already made your mind up so why ask the question in the first place?

Just be aware and take care is all I'm saying.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por CountryFan Ver Mensaje
                              Absolutely Mazz !

I really think some people out here get their brains frazzled by too much Sun etc
                              Or - because of the tricky times at present + the dodgy GBP against the €, they conjure up a ' rose-coloured view ' of life bac kin the old country....Don't they realise that in spite of everything, in most cases you're still better off here.
                              Weather - not the least reason !
                              You and others who commented are just delusional.

If you slag off the UK often enough, you can convince yourself you made the right move.

I think you are the one with the rose tinted spectacles.

Anyway good luck to you. I shall comment no further so don't bother responding as I won't read it.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X