Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Hello from the UK

Some may remember that I used to post on this site.

Well, I took the bull by the horns, sold my apartment in Torrevieja and returned back to the UK.

I lived in Spain for about 8 years but I am so glad to have returned home. Yes, the weather in Spain is better but I am so pleased to find that what you read in the papers about the Uk is far from true. Grocery prices are far below those of Spain and the NHS took me back straight away - no questions asked.

Petrol is about the same in both countries. I picked up a job virtually straight away and have a small mortgage was was easily obtained. The Job Centre were brilliant. Second hand car prices are far cheaper as well.

if you are happy in Spain then fair enough but if not, just don't believe the rubbish in the press about the UK. I have been back several months now and do not regret the move.

if you like to eat out, two course meals are readily available for about a £5 as well and so even these are good value compared with Spain now oh, and you know exactly where you are with your money. No worries about the weak pound etc etc.

Good for you Drewth.

You are so lucky you actually managed to sell your property in Torrevieja.

There will be many many people here who are very very envious of you be able to move back to the UK.

Glad you are getting on well.

Comentario

Hello
      I live in London, please tell me where you can get a 2 course meal for £5 !! You can not get cod and chips for £5 . I have had enough of the UK. Unable to go out after dark for fear of being mugged or robbed, and what do they get if caught , a slapped wrist and dont do it again. They are lining up in France to get into the UK, why? because we are soft ! They don't get free food ,medical, housing , car you name in Europe. No go to Britain they will give it to you and they don't expect any thing back.
      Welcome back to the UK and I hope things go well for you Drewth, Worked here for 45 years paid my dues to the country, now cant wait to get out.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por golfer2536 Ver Mensaje
        Hello
        I live in London, please tell me where you can get a 2 course meal for £5 !! You can not get cod and chips for £5 . I have had enough of the UK. Unable to go out after dark for fear of being mugged or robbed, and what do they get if caught , a slapped wrist and dont do it again. They are lining up in France to get into the UK, why? because we are soft ! They don't get free food ,medical, housing , car you name in Europe. No go to Britain they will give it to you and they don't expect any thing back.
        Welcome back to the UK and I hope things go well for you Drewth, Worked here for 45 years paid my dues to the country, now cant wait to get out.
        Blimey! I can't wait for you to get out either. We have enough spineless whingers already thanks.

Comentario

Thanks for that, spineless, whinger, maybe but who is living the lie , not me . You wait and see, YOU will be the minority sooner rather than later. I have seen the Conservatives come and go, Labour have not fared no better, our banks are empty as well. Where it all gone ?? On the spongers of this country and its getting worse. It yours and you can have it. We are now no longer Great Britain but Poor Britain and getting worse by the day.
          The government is corrupt and so are the politicians, (re mp claims in the paper) the Bankers and the Banks have fiddled all your money. What will the young do when they reach retirement age STARVE. It is a total mess. Sell the country now and we might break even!! haha

Comentario

Trabajando...
          X