Thread: Glad you're back!

Default Glad you're back!

I have really missed this forum and hope that Jane C is still around to help us all. How about starting off with some Christmas words/phrases? Feliz Navidad to all.

I am sure that Jane will be here to help us all out again soon.
    I am sorry now though that I did not make a note of all those things learned previously, as they seem to have been eradicated in the revamp. Shame as there was some good stuff there.

Default Christmas words

Yes, que lata, learned that one when we were doing phrases with "que", which as you say, are so useful. From the depths of my memory I seem to remember that you can't use "decoraciones" for Christmas decorations? So what is it, "adornos" perhaps?

Yep, you can't keep a good woman down. Estoy aquí.

I was copying and pasting some Christmas phrases for this forum last night, but had a tabulation crisis. I needed to go back to the worksheet and fiddle a bit, but I got fed up and went to bed instead. HOWEVER, this evening, I'll do the necessary fiddling and post some phrases up. In the meantime - "adornos" correct, "decoraciones" not generally used.

Jane

Default Re: Christmas words

[quote="Oxonia"]Yes, que lata, learned that one when we were doing phrases with "que", which as you say, are so useful.

Actually - "¡Qué lata!" - sorry to be pedantic and I'm only saying that because I also make mistakes between que and qué.

¡Qué pedante! - you see, what a flexible phrase it is!!

By the way Steve, when I was clearing up on Friday I picked up your script decrying my skills as a translator of football terminology. I have it here. It's war - you have been warned ....

Jane

Marcadores