Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Broadband - time to choose

Looking to sign up and seem to be down to; Telefonica, Euphony or BT. Does anyone have any real experience with these (not the sales people posting on the forum thanks). Really interested in service/ease in setting up, reliability once its in and service if anything's gone wrong. Anything else I should look out for? Thanks.

Hi Matt,
    I'm new to the forum but saw you query and thought I'd give you my experience, for what it's worth LOL...

I was on telefonica broadband for a year and a half and was very happy with it. I had a few teething problems setting up the modem but that turned out to be my own idiocy, and once it was up I never had a problem with it. The speed was good and the service reliable. That said I can't comment on customer services as I never needed to use them. It came with a set up disc which installed a program to refresh the IP and where you could resolve the normal silly problems yourself, though it was in Spanish, it was easy to follow.

I've just switched to BT, and the only reason I switched was to save a few pennies, BT is only €3 Euros cheaper on the face of it, but they don't charge you any extras, which telefonica manged to add €10 or so every month for "security and modem?? rental?? " . With the BT the modem just had to be plugged in and that was it it was set up. (the instructions were a bit vague that that was all you had to do, the disc that comes with it is actually just for the engineers if something goes wrong, but they don't tell you that. LOL)
    They do give you the option to pay extra and have someone come and install it. But if you even have the vaguest idea how to connect a stereo it's really a waste of money.

If you don't have any kind of modem connected to line at present don't do what I did. You get these little junction boxes to connect to the phone line to stop the noise from the line interfering with modem, just remeber to connect one to EVERY phone extension in the house!!! I connected one to the socket where the modem was connected to the phone line and forgot the extension in the lounge! It took me two days to realise and I couldn't work out why my internet wouldn't work.

So far the BT line has been just as good as Telefonica was, speeds seem the same so far, so I would recommend either.

I have no experience of Euphony so I can't help there, but I hope this helps.

Comentario

Those little things you put on the phoneline are ADSL Filters and cost a couple of euros in the chino shops.
      Euphony mobile is fine and I do know somwone who has internet provided by them it seems trouble free
      Why would you part with all that money every month when there are cheaper options I have BraodbandCostaBlanca who trade as Nortons and since they spent 20,000 euros upgrading their system I have had no connection problems whatsoever they are far cheaper speak your language and their aftersales is second to none have a look at the website before you part with your hard earned

Comentario

Having managed to lose our Telefonica land line internet connection whilst attempting to save money by switching to another provider we were without access so we went to Orange and acquired a USB plug in gizmo with provides internet access via its integral SIM card.

Response time is amazing - there are several differnt cost options depending on what you want to do we opted for 2 euros a day and a 6 euro per month service charge. Not cheap but a quick solution and would work out cheaper than afixed line for occasional users (you can use Skype for tele calls).

Obviously you need to be in a good signal coverage area.

Comentario

temporary internet access and where can i get it?

Hello,
          I will be going to stay in cabo roig from 13th aug until 31st, i want to bring my laptop to spain with me and was wondering if i could purchase some sort of usb gadget that would give me internet access while i am staying there without having to use a landline? any help would be really appreciated.

i can be emailed at angelpeggles@hotmail.com

Comentario

Why not use the free wi-fi cafes ?

Comentario

Temporary internet access while in spain

Hi Rob, thanks for that reply.

Its mostly for my 2 teenagers who are coming with me and to be honest i dont want them to bring the laptop out of the apartment so i was wondering if i could get a usb tomporary thing that i could purchase for the month?

Comentario

Hmm to be honest probably more agro than it is worth and you will have to pay to take it on the plane unless 1 of you has it as hand luggage.

Comentario

internet access

yes i know its a lot of bother but last year they spent a fortune in the internet cafes in cabo roig so i am going to bring my laptop as hand luggage if i can. Your earlier post said you purchased a usb thingy from orange that gave you internet access, would this be suitable for me? and if so where could i purchase it?

Comentario

temporary internet access

Any suggestions as to how i could achieve this while on holidays in spain, i wonder if there is a usb connection that i could rent out for the month of august?

Comentario

The Orange dongle will cost you around 55euros for the month, so internet cafes with wifi may be cheaper
                      A couple of questions, is the apartment yours and if so do you have a telefonica line because if you do you can contact the RoundTownNews and change to their network they do a pay as you go dial up at 4.50 per month then you pay per minute this might be the way forward for you

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por GAL Ver Mensaje
                        Those little things you put on the phoneline are ADSL Filters and cost a couple of euros in the chino shops.
                        Euphony mobile is fine and I do know somwone who has internet provided by them it seems trouble free
                        Why would you part with all that money every month when there are cheaper options I have BraodbandCostaBlanca who trade as Nortons and since they spent 20,000 euros upgrading their system I have had no connection problems whatsoever they are far cheaper speak your language and their aftersales is second to none have a look at the website before you part with your hard earned
                        1) Not everyone is of the same opinion as you, I've heard plenty of criticism of their service.

2) They want 199 euros to install.

Comentario

Temporary internet access

Hi GAL,

Thanks for your reply, yes the apartment does belong to us but we do not have a telephone lline set up in it. Do you have any idea where i could purchase the dongle from in the cabo roig area? my two teenage daughters spent a fortune last year in internet cafes so this will be a much cheaper alternative if i can get it.

Comentario

gabriellec, there is a gaget on the market called a dongle, I've seen it advertied on the U.K t.v and it allows you to use your laptop on the go. I'm not sure if you can buy them in Spain or if one bought in the U.K would allow you access in another country. Maybe you could ask in a mobile phone shop as It by one of the mobile networks. There is a Vodafone shop at Playa Flamenca underneath the Halifax bank at La mosca C.C.
                            they might be able to help you when you come over.

Comentario

temporary internet access

Thanks v much Debs64 i will check out that vodaphone shop when i get there.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X