Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

Hi
    I use an unlocked mobile phone attached to my laptop instead of a dongle or just use the phone on it's own - obviously it has to be capable of accessing the internet. I bought a YOIGO sim from carrefour - €20 but with €20 credit on it and it works brilliantly if a little slow. They've just changed their pricing structure and I think it's €3 for the day now but it is unlimited access during that time. I also use it for my calls and texts home because it's really competitive. Have a look at their website - you can translate with google if your spanish isn't quite up to that level! hope that helps.....

Comentario

re Gabriellec's Query

A better solution for someone just visiting for a few weeks might be to go to a branch of The Phone House ( Carphone Warehouse in UK aned Ireland) and get one of their simple pay-as-you-use wireless modems (a dongle which is plugged into one of your usb sockets). They cost €49 which includes 300mb of upload or download and thereafter it costs €5 per 100mb. This is good for occasional visitors who just want access to internet and e-mail and do not plan to download very high volume data like movies (can you do actually do this in Spain? ). The Phone House have branches in Habaneras Shopping Centre in Torrevieja and in Alicante and perhaps other places too.
      Next best alternative to consider might be Orange which has several options one of which offers the wireless modem free but you have to pay €6 per month (= €72 per annum) but there seems to be some limit on volumes.

Comentario

Sugar,
        You may not be of the same opinion, but it was not my opinion about Nortons but observation, I too have been a victim of their pricing policy and in the first year it cost me 1100 euros I had to buy all my equipment at a cost of 395 euros pay for installation and 12 months up front at a cost of 595 euros had to pay for the aerial to be moved on 2 occasions at a cost of 150 euros, had to buy another transformer at an exorbitant cost of 25 euros BUT I still use them and find the service acceptable as I say since their system was upgraded I have had little or no problem. I now pay 19.95 +iva for 1/2 meg now that is exorbitant when they had an offer on for 9.95 but I was told my equipment was too old to find it is the same as they are still installing

As for the Orange dongle you can get one in the Habaneras Centre

Comentario

Trabajando...
        X