Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• what must you have in your hire car?

I have had many different answers to this but I think I must carry with me:

2 triangles
    flourescent jacket
    rental contract
    driving license (English)

is this correct and is there anything else?

Liz

There needs to be a jacket for each occupant but these should be provided by the hire company. Also a spare set of light bulbs, again should be provided.

Comentario

A spare pair of glasses (if you are a wearer)

Comentario

Need your passport as well

Comentario

Do car hire companies supply yellow jackets and red triangles as part of their hire or is it up to you ?

Regards

John

Comentario

Car hire

If you get pulled and fined give it to the hire company when you return the car the hire company will pay it

Comentario

what should be in a hire car

we have hired a car many time now (usually from Centauro) and there has never yet been any bulbs or jackets in the car. I did not know spare bulbs are essential but did know about the jackets on our last 2 visits. when I asked for the jackets at alicante and murcia, you'd have thought I'd asked for the crown jewels. both times they said they weren't necessary and if I got a fine they would pay it. my response was - why would I want to spend my cash on a fine when I shouldn't have to and why should I have to go through all that rigmarole with the Guardia. In the end they very begrudgingly found jackets for us. I will no doubt have to say the same thing again tomorrow but this time will also want bulbs and fuses.

my view is - it that is the law, then the car should be equipped. I suggest all visitors press for these items and ultimately they may make sure they are in there without being asked.

Liz

Comentario

I agree the hire companies should supply them. By the way how much is the fine ?.

Regards

John

Comentario

Hi Lizzy
                  Just for my own peace of mind and to save any hassle - I bought a couple of hi vis vests from an army & navy surplus store - they're 3 or 4 quid and a set of bulbs for a from Poundland. I'm not sure what car they fit - I just hope the Gaurdia don't make me try to fit one! But these items don't take up a lot of space in the hand luggage on the plane.
                  When I pick the hire car up I just chuck them all on the back seat until I leave. No problems so far!

Comentario

Yes
                    We have also made up our own "set" because of the hassle of getting one from the hire car people I also have a feeling that you have to have a first aid kit.
                    Jackets are available at most markets or carrefour for a few Euro's.
                    Just keep our fingers crossed that we aren't stopped between the airport and our Casa as we want to travel light!!!

Comentario

Hi guys n gals,
                      I have a slightly more basic question: how do you leave the UK, jump into a left-hand side hire car and join a Spanish motorway?

I consider mydelf a good driver in the UK but I've never understood how people are able to simply swictc to the local Spanish driving / road with such confidence!

Any Spanish driving tips appreciated as I'll be driving from Alicante airport to Torrevieja tomorrow morning?

Cheers
                      UT

Comentario

Hi
                        I just follow the lines on the road at junctions. Most main roads in Spain are well laid out. I have not driven in the UK since 1993 but think nothing of it driving in Spain even if I arrive at the airport when it is dark

Regards

John

Comentario

adapting to spanish driving is easy just
                          place one hand on horn and keep it
                          depressed for the whole journey.

As for things you need in a car I
                          think 1 those round a bout girls would
                          look nice

Comentario

driving in Spain

Hi UT,
                            If its your first time, go easy at the junctions, they are not as well signposted as the UK motorways and it is easy to miss read the signs unless you are sure of where you are going. As for driving, that easy, if you're behind the wheel, you should be in the centre of the road, if you are against the kerb, you are either in a one way system or the wrong side of the road - if the latter - panic!!.

The use of 'flashing' the headlights as a means of letting someone know you have seen them and they can pull out or whatever does not seem to have caught on. If you get flashed - it means they have seen you - and they consider you should stay where you are !!

Enjoy

Comentario

Trabajando...
                            X