Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Certificate of habitation

I am selling my property and i believe i need a certificate of habitation, can anyone tell me where i need to go to get this and what documents will i need to take with me.

Also the house is in both mine and my wifes name so will she have to go aswell as we are not resident in spain, and can this be obtained immediately.

Thanks

You can get a duplicate from the Ayuntamiento you needto take the ecritura with you
    All assuming you were issued with one originally, then the solicitor whom dealt with your purchase should have it along with all the other paperwork if they did'nt give it to you for safe keeping

Comentario

Certificate of Habitation

If you do not have the certificate it must still be held by the builder. I would immagination you will need your passport plus proof of ownership of the property

Everyone should check that they have this document as you cannot sell a house without it

Comentario

There are thousands of out there who do not have a certificate of habitation because the communities were never completed therefore the Town Hall did not issue them.

Comentario

You can sell without it, we all got ours last year but out of 56 apartments about 8 had already changed hands!

Comentario

You can sometimes sell without it - it depends on the buyer and their solicitor and sometimes the notary. Many banks will not loan to the buyer without it being presented.

If it does not exist and never been issued by the town hall it is because the building is illegal.

Comentario

susiewilla

hi i have just been told our certificate of habitation is ready for collection from the builders office (WHO EVER YOUR BUILDER IS you will need to take your passports with youQUOTE=winegum;25941]I am selling my property and i believe i need a certificate of habitation, can anyone tell me where i need to go to get this and what documents will i need to take with me.

Also the house is in both mine and my wifes name so will she have to go aswell as we are not resident in spain, and can this be obtained immediately.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Comentario

Hi, thanks to all who have replied to my question. The house is 7 years old so will the builder still be able to issue the certificate or will I be able to get it from the town hall.

Comentario

They are issued by the town hall. But if the builder has a copy that maybe an option but you probably want a stamped original.

Comentario

When we sold our apartment in March this year, we didn't have have a certificate. Fortunately we had an excellent agent, Darren of Blue Lagoon Casas, who managed to trace the original builder. They still had the certificate, and when he produced a copy of our escrutira, passports, and I had emailed our authorisation to them, they gave him a copy. Although it was in the name of the original owner, (we bought it resale) it was not a problem, as it relates to the property, not the owner, and the buyers solicitor accepted it without question. Hope this helps.

Brian
                    Editado por última vez por dorsetlad; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/449-dorsetlad en , 13:19:40.

Comentario

I have been in contact with the builder this morning and they are going to send me the certificate.
                      Many thanks to everyone who gave me advise.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                      X