Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Laws on use of Community Pools

I am looking at our Community pool and most of the people in it are not up to date with Community fees. Why is there no law that prevents their use of the facilities they have not paid for?

Why not propose it at the next AGM.

Comentario

In our community, to stop outsiders and non fee payers we have fitted an electronic gate system.

If you don't pay your fee you do not get a blipper.

Works quite well

Comentario

I thought the law was you couldn't ban them from the pool as they own part of it regardless of whether they've paid or not. Thought it was up to the committee to go to court and try to force payment to be made. GAL will know, come on GAL where are you?

Comentario

Our Administrator informs us that you cannot make a local rule regarding this. As for going to court, the court system will not accept claims against debtors until they reach something like 800€.

Comentario

Put it forward at the AGM that those not being up to date with payments shall not be entitled to a pool key.

Both security pool keys and card systems seem to work well for our community! Those that rent and don't pay maintenance then have to deal with angry renters, who can't get access to the pool.

One key per house.

Works very well for us.

Cheers,

Keith

Comentario

I'm here Chris whilst you were happily posting I was at the Actors Studio rehearsing our next production but you know about acting for Alzheimers one of your littel pets eh! ..............but as for pool rules

It is as stated in an earlier post you cannot lawfully stop an owner using the pool even though they have'nt paid their community fees, however nice one those whon have changed the entry system, but you need be careful the owners you lock out if they are "streetwise" can take your community to court
              personally I have to say it gets my goat the fact some of us are law abiding pay everything and the scumbags can legally get the same as the payers
              Editado por última vez por GAL; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2530-gal en , 08:59:21.

Comentario

Hi Gal,

Regarding changing the locks on the pool; if one does this within the community, voted and passed at the AGM, is an owner still entitled to a key even though they have not paid their maintenance?

We all realise that they can borrow a key from a freind and still gain admittance and that we do not have the power to evict them, only to make life difficult for them. Obviously, they could somehow make a copy of the key, card of beeper system regardless.

Is there a general rule about how much time should pass before a community can take an owner who does not wish to pay maintenance to court?

Just wondered as I was under the impression that when an owner signs the papers to take occupation to their house (within a community) they legally sign a document in which they agree to pay a maintenance charge as set at the AGM, thus if they don't wish to pay, they are not entitled to certain facilities, which I thought would have waved their rights to be able to take the community to court!

However, that's just the commonsense side of me talking and I wondered if their was a legal issue regarding this. The Pool is the number one cost for the majority of communities and a Key system seems to be one of the very few options available to communities to try and persuade owners to pay up like the rest of us.

Everyone is against the injustice of the system. However, in Spain, one assumes nothing. Thanks for your input.

Keith

Comentario

I am sure you have to give every house a key

I think it is 12 months before you can take them to court but I am told you can register a debt on the property with the SUMA office

hope this helps

Comentario

Dear Gal or chrisdee, can you tell me where its written that you cant deny non payers access to a pool, as I am with you on this and mentioned to our president who disagreed and unfortunately I couldn't put my hand on the relevant documentation.
                    thanks

Comentario

Sorry sueneric but I can't tell you where you can find it written, it may be worth a visit to your own administrator, you are allowed to go and ask questions, they should know and be able to tell you. I just got it from my friend who was a president for many years and she said you cannot ban them.
                      Maybe ask the question on the Legal section here, then we can all see the answer.
                      Originalmente publicado por sueneric Ver Mensaje
                      Dear Gal or chrisdee, can you tell me where its written that you cant deny non payers access to a pool, as I am with you on this and mentioned to our president who disagreed and unfortunately I couldn't put my hand on the relevant documentation.
                      thanks

Comentario

thanks chrisdee, I will do as you suggest and see what replys I get,

Comentario

I think it is Horizontal law and you will be able to get the info from the administrator so can your president if they care to
                          (you must have a president like a friend of mine's who thinks he runs the Urb) I know it is an unpaid job but I do it for the good and benefit of the urb and to ensure the Urb has a voice at any meetings some think they are HITLER

Comentario

thanks GAL, I will follow this up, as it seems so unfair the non payers swanning around spending money, and us sensible ones who pay our bills first the swan around with whats left get penalised. cheers

Comentario

If you exclude them from certain facilities does that mean its ok to pay at a reduced rate?

They owe you the full community fee, and unpaid fees will build up and attach to the property. At a point, your administrators can decide when to take them to court, to recover the monies which ultimately could lead to the property being sold to cover their debts.

I think they would find the dosh before that!

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X