Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Astronomy clubs

Does anyone know if there any astronomy clubs in the area. I am a keen amateur and brought with me (from the UK) a huge telescope to make the best of the clear spanish nights, and my large roof terrace.

It is however a very lonely pastime on your own, so I was hoping that there might be a club in the area.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Graham

Hello Graham

I too brought out a Meade 125mm telescope with a view to start stargazing, but it is still in it's original packing case, never opened, (after 2 years)

My wife and I are due to move to Spain for good about May/June next year and I hope to start with the telescope thefollowing winter.

I am a COMPLETE novice re astronomy and would welcome any advice and encouragement you can offer.

We too have a property in the El Galan/Blue Lagoon area, so we are not amillion miles away from each other (when we are in Spain that is!!)

look forward to hearing from you

Regards

Glynne

Comentario

This is now an old thread, but there is a group of us amateur astronomers who meet once a month. Reply if interested.

Comentario

Hi Spanish fly,
        I would be interested in coming along to one of your group meets although I am only visiting Torre a few times a year at the moment, it will be another 3 years before we are out there permanantly.
        I have been interested for many years and use a small newtonion and binox.
        Chas

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Spanishfly Ver Mensaje
          This is now an old thread, but there is a group of us amateur astronomers who meet once a month. Reply if interested.
          I have only this morning been reading about Orion and Betelgeuse. This is as a result of seeing two bright 'stars' in the low evening sky southerly direction and trying to identify them. Any ideas ?

Where and when does the astronomy group meet please ? I would be very interested. I live inland from Orihuela Costa.

Thanks

Comentario

you are probably seeing Venus and Jupiter, Both quite bright in the south / southwest shortly after sunset. Jupiter will be the upermost of the two and at the moment appear quite close together. If you watch over a few days Venus will appear to swing around and rise above and away from Jupiter.
            Chas

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por chas Ver Mensaje
              you are probably seeing Venus and Jupiter, Both quite bright in the south / southwest shortly after sunset. Jupiter will be the upermost of the two and at the moment appear quite close together. If you watch over a few days Venus will appear to swing around and rise above and away from Jupiter.
              Chas
              Many thanks for that. Hopefully we'll hear soon about the astronomy club venue/dates. I'm new to astronomy but very interested and thinking about going down to Dos Mares bookshop and buying a book on it if they do such a thing.

Comentario

No problem, I'm looking forward to the info too.
                To learn the stars etc there is loads on the net, including some free plantarium downloads. Just Google away.
                Chas

Comentario

There is a local (Torrevieja) branch of the U3A. At the moment there is no astronomy group, but there is no reason why one could not be formed if enough people were interested. Might be worth thinking about. Not allowed to put a link to the website on here but a Google search for Torrevieja and U3A should take you there.

Comentario

I would like to re start my astronomy interest. I brought my telescpoe from UK, it is very old but still works ok. I will keep a look out for this.

Comentario

Mirror re-coat

Hi All, I also brought my telescope from the UK, 7 years ago but only use it now & then. Anyone here know where i can get my 8 inch primary mirror
                      ( reflector )
                      re-coated locally,Torrevieja-Alicante area, any advice would be helpful ( tried cleaning but too many marks etc )
                      Editado por última vez por Marsden Rock; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/3157-marsden-rock en , 16:39:16.

Comentario

Have you guys seen Microsoft's WWT? Astronomy without the telescope - probably not as good as the real thing - but it blew me away. The guided tours are incredible.

WorldWide Telescope

Comentario

Reflector Mirror re-coating ?

Mirror re-coat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All, I also brought my telescope from the UK, 7 years ago but only use it now & then. Anyone here know where i can get my 8 inch primary mirror
                          ( reflector )
                          re-coated locally,Torrevieja-Alicante area, any advice would be helpful ( tried cleaning but too many marks etc )

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por jimlafinca Ver Mensaje
                            Have you guys seen Microsoft's WWT? Astronomy without the telescope - probably not as good as the real thing - but it blew me away. The guided tours are incredible.

WorldWide Telescope
                            always dubious about downloading unknown sites ,is it ok?

cheers Mick

Comentario

There is a small local astronomy group, we meet once a month. Next meeting is an observing evening at El Rancho restaurant, 7 pm Wed 11 Feb ´09. All welcome, bring your telescope.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X