Anuncio

Colapsar
No hay anuncio todavía.

Less choice of Alicante Airport carriers.

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Less choice of Alicante Airport carriers.

I have read in the CBN that both BA (from Oct) and Monarch are stopping their Alicante - Gatwick routes to reduce operating costs.

Could the airport expansion be the biggest white elephant ever?

- and Ryanair won't be using the check in desks (check in online only and pay for the privilege)

This I got from AENA. (Spanish BAA)

New Terminal Area, its main projects are:

• New processing building and boarding pier
    • Elevated car park: Consisting of two modules with six levels. With two large halls with entrances at the mezzanine of the processing building. 122,500 m2 with total capacity for 4,200 vehicles.
    • Taxi rank and bus station
    • Thermo-refrigeration plant (Center for production of cold and hot water to supply the heating, ventilating and cooling system of the entire NTA)
    • Access road
    • Connection air-bridges
    • Power plant
    • Automated Baggage Processing and Screening System (SATE)

With the new processing building and boarding pier, the airport will have more surface area, check-in counters and boarding gates. It will also have more shopping on offer since there will be more space in the boarding areas. Thanks to its modern facilities, there will also be more air-bridges to meet the demands of airlines and to offer better service. The new building will have:
    • 333,500 m2
    • 96 check-in counters
    • SATE
    • New boarding areas:
    o 27,000 m2 total surface area
    o 7,624 m2 of shopping surface
    o 26 boarding gates (each with a passport control)

You might have read it Rob
    but I can assure you my sister flys Monarch to Gatwick everytime and she flys on the 2nd Nov her hubby flys same way on 4th Nov so the October date is out of the window

Comentario

Interesting you say that - because CBN gave the BA date as October but did not report a date for Monarch - so I looked at their site and they were offering bookings as far as Dec 2009 (I did not look at next year)

Just recd. an email from Monarch advertising 'bargains' on many routes....

Last weeks 'Leader' reported good progress on the new Murcia airport at Corvera - looks like we will soon have more airport capacity than plans/passengers to fill it.

If anyone wants to read my Alicante airport article recently published go here:

July 2009

Comentario

Monarch are stopping Gatwick - Murcia as from November. I tried to book flights for my Dad.

Comentario

That maybe just the winter schedule when plans are swopped onto the routes for skiing holidays.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Rob1305 Ver Mensaje
            I have read in the CBN that both BA (from Oct) and Monarch are stopping their Alicante - Gatwick routes to reduce operating costs.

Could the airport expansion be the biggest white elephant ever?

- and Ryanair won't be using the check in desks (check in online only and pay for the privilege)

This I got from AENA. (Spanish BAA)

New Terminal Area, its main projects are:

• New processing building and boarding pier
            • Elevated car park: Consisting of two modules with six levels. With two large halls with entrances at the mezzanine of the processing building. 122,500 m2 with total capacity for 4,200 vehicles.
            • Taxi rank and bus station
            • Thermo-refrigeration plant (Center for production of cold and hot water to supply the heating, ventilating and cooling system of the entire NTA)
            • Access road
            • Connection air-bridges
            • Power plant
            • Automated Baggage Processing and Screening System (SATE)

With the new processing building and boarding pier, the airport will have more surface area, check-in counters and boarding gates. It will also have more shopping on offer since there will be more space in the boarding areas. Thanks to its modern facilities, there will also be more air-bridges to meet the demands of airlines and to offer better service. The new building will have:
            • 333,500 m2
            • 96 check-in counters
            • SATE
            • New boarding areas:
            o 27,000 m2 total surface area
            o 7,624 m2 of shopping surface
            o 26 boarding gates (each with a passport control)
            Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Monarch were stopping their Luton to Alicante routes and only for the winter months.

There are still flights being advertised on the Monarch site for this winter, for Gatwick - Alicante and Alicante - Gatwick.

Comentario

Monarch's head office is at Luton Airport !!!!!!!!!

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por GAL Ver Mensaje
                Monarch's head office is at Luton Airport !!!!!!!!!
                There are no flights this winter Luton-Alicante on the Monarch site. They are still using Luton for other destinations.
                This is supposed to be a short-term decision and the Alicante-Luton flights will resume next summer. That remains to be seen!

There are still flights advertised for Gatwick-Alicante

Comentario

Trabajando...
                X