X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Changes to EHIC

Good article in the Coastrider explaining the changes see here:

European Health cards | The CoastRider | For Local News and Sport in the Torrevieja Area

For an update see here:

Access to healthcare: UK European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)

Comentario

Some recent e-mail dialogue with DWP:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr & Mrs E

No final decision has been made but it seems very likely that we will be contacting every individual registered on our computer system direct. I have checked our computer and you are both recorded.

Thank you for your good wishes for the Bank Holiday weekend. Let's hope we get some Spanish type weather!

Regards

Kath Miles
      Policy & Liaison Team
      Overseas Healthcare Team (Newcastle)
      The Pension, Disability and Carers Service
      Tyneview Park
      Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
      NE98 1BA

-----Original Message-----
      Sent: 26 August 2009 10:09
      To: PENSION SERVICE Overseas Healthcare
      Subject: RE: EHIC

Good Morning Kath

Many thanks for your informative reply

We wait with interest to hear the final outcome. Will we get a 'personal' advice notification or will it be released to say the British 'Government' in Spain for their onward transmission?

Again thank you and enjoy your Bank Holiday weekend (one Fiesta weekend we do not get in Spain!)

--------------------------------------------------

From: PENSION SERVICE Overseas Healthcare [mailto:OVERSEAS.HEALTHCARE@THEPENSIONSERVICE.GSI.G OV.UK]
      Sent: 25 August 2009 15:49
      To: ME Subject: FW: EHIC

Dear Mr and Mrs ME

The Department of Work and Pensions are aware of the change in European social security regulations. The Department is finalising its processes for the implementation of the new regulations. When these processes have been finalised, we will be contacting everyone concerned in all member states with advice on how to apply for an EHIC.

Yours sincerely

Kath Miles
      Policy & Liaison Team
      Overseas Healthcare Team (Newcastle)
      The Pension, Disability and Carers Service
      Tyneview Park
      Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
      NE98 1BA

-----Original Message-----
      Sent: 20 August 2009 15:46
      To: TVP INTERNATIONAL QUERIES
      Cc: DWP - Pensions - Newcastle; Enquiries DWP Comms Inf Services
      Subject: ISSUE OF EHICs TO BRITISH RESIDENTS IN SPAIN

Dear Sirs

I am aware of the introduction of a revised EHIC provision from 1 March 2010

Currently, we are under the E121 healthcare scheme here in Spain, and my wife and myself have been issued with EHICs by the Spanish INSS. The first, and current EHIC, was issued in mid February 2009 and expires in February 2010.

You will, no doubt, be aware of much speculation over here on how the application for EHICs from their 'competent state', for us UK, will work. I read that applications can be made 'on-line' or over the telephone, perhaps up to 6 months in advance. In this case, for most of us, this will be from the beginning of September 2009.

There is of course some time to run on the need for EHICs to be issued under this new scheme for travel in the EU, but especially returns to UK and I understand that the INSS continue to issue EHICs to eligible people, but these expire on 28 February 2010.

Do you have any advanced information on how the revised EHIC issue scheme will work for us in Spain, remaining under the current E121/INSS healthcare provision?

Many thanks and regards

ME
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      May help - we continue to WTS!

Mike E

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Rob1305 Ver Mensaje
        An extract is worthy of note:

The planned date for the new regulations to take effect is 1st May 2010. We are aware that the INSS has issued some EHICs to people due to expire on 28th February 2010, based on a previous planned date for the regulations coming into force. If you are one of these people and you plan to travel before the new regulations come into effect, you should contact the INSS regarding an extension to your EHIC.

Especially if you wish to return to UK for Easter 2-4 Apr!

Mike E
        Editado por última vez por Mike E; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/3463-mike-e en , 10:30:39.

Comentario

Trabajando...
        X