Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Getting from Alicante airport to Playa Flamenca

Our friend who normally picks us up from Alicante airport feels that has to stop because of the police charging people for collecting their friends and relatives

It looks to me that we may have two possible cheap options

1 Catch the C6 bus into Alicante then catch the Alicante to Cartagena bus

Where should we get off in Alicante and where can we catch the Cartagena bus from

OR

2 How close does the Alicante to Cartagena bus go to Alicante airport. As we travel with no luggage would it be possible to walk there or take a short taxi ride

Tell your friend there is nothing to worry about, we have just recently picked our daughter up from Alicante and there was no problems at all, and our neighbour who regularly picks up and returns family and friends went two days on the trot and again no problems.

Comentario

I think your friend is being a bit over cautious - they are only trying to stamp out the ones doing regular illegal taxi runs....

Comentario

taxi/pickups

I agree with Rob:

they are trying to stamp out the black economy in illegal taxi business;plus you have to be aware that such illegal taxis are not properly insured for commercial activity!!

Family and family friends are quite entitled to pick up relatives and friends; this goes in ANY free democratic society.

Comentario

If your friend is adamant they don't want to pick you up

The C6 bus stops just outside the bus station you go inside to the Alsa office for an onward ticket
          alternatively
          If it stops at El Altet a taxi to there would'nt be too dear if you look at the Alsa website it may give more detail

Comentario

Hi, I am staying at a friends villa in Playa Flamenca next week.

Can anyone give me an idea of the price of transfers from Alicante Airport or recommend a pre book service???

There are 3 (adults) of us in the party.

Comentario

Why not try Julie on 691 136 543 she does an airport run service ( as well as property management)...We have used her many times and she is prompt and reasonably priced

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Freddy Ver Mensaje
                Why not try Julie on 691 136 543 she does an airport run service ( as well as property management)...We have used her many times and she is prompt and reasonably priced
                A taxi tout regardless of how they or anyone else may describe their service.
                No license or insurance for passenger transport, just as much at risk if you use this person or a neighbour, be safe and do the right thing, as for those who recommend these people to unsuspecting passengers , you should be ashamed of yourself.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por clydegrove Ver Mensaje
                  A taxi tout regardless of how they or anyone else may describe their service.
                  No license or insurance for passenger transport, just as much at risk if you use this person or a neighbour, be safe and do the right thing, as for those who recommend these people to unsuspecting passengers , you should be ashamed of yourself.
                  Was going to be my next question, was she legit?

Anyway, anyone care to advise of "reputable" transfer service?

thanks

Comentario

Sorry clydegrove but whilst most of us minions use computers it seems apparent that your office desk hosts a crystal ball !! I have no reason to suspect that the person I reccommended is illegal !! All I know she operates a wel established management service which also includes airport transfers.no more than that...I don't need her service as I am here but I know of many on our urb who have been completely satisfied... Legal or not, I don't know as I have never had to question that, but maybe 'know all's' might have reason to doubt......Don't you agree Clydegrove ?

Comentario

Don't need a crystal ball to know who is legal and who is not, common sense should prevail, if anybody could do taxi runs then why would there be licenses, why don't taxis companies or coach companies just set up a rental agency, estate agency or property management company, it only costs 2 bob to do that, instead of spending hundreds of thousands to be licensed and have regulated vehicles.

Only taxi or coach companies are licensed to carry passengers for hire and reward, this is known as 'DIRECT HIRE AND REWARD'
                      Anyone else offering the same service as part of another service is classed as 'INDIRECT HIRE AND REWARD' this means that even though they may claim not to take payment for transport the fact that they are receiving a payment for some service in connection with the transport (property rental for example) they need a license and public liability for passenger transport.

Many will claim that they have this, some will even argue the point on this and the other forum (none have ever been able to prove it) but as a licensed transport company and also a member of the Spanish Transport Federation I can confirm that there are no rental agents, estate agents, property management companies or anything else they wish to call themselves who have a license or insurance for passenger transport in the Costa Blanca, I can also confirm that there is only 2 british owned companies in the Costa Blanca licensed to transport passengers (both are coach companies) and I believe a hand full of licensed expat taxi drivers, most of whom are based around the Benidorm area.
                      Taxi or coach companies are easily reconguised, a taxi will have a taxi sign on it and coach companies will normally consist of coaches (not small minibuses or people carriers carrying more than 4 passengers although it is possible to have small minibuses as a part of a large coach fleet), all will have their licenses displayed and if not you should ask to see it, no one will refuse to show it as we are all aware of taxi touts and minibus drivers so will do anything to discourage people from using touts.
                      Each time a family and young children enter an illegal vehicle (which is unregulated) they are in danger not only of being transported in an illegal vehicle with an illegal driver without insurance but the driver is also unregulated (all drivers have to be police checked), the passengers, especially lone woman and young children run the risk of being transported by someone who may or may not be fit or may not be capable of receiving a license to carry passengers due to previous or existing criminal records or illness.
                      Maybe 'know alls' know because they are licensed, qualified, regulated and insured, taking the time to do it right instead of hiding up the back of airport carparks or skunking around the terminals like some sewer rats stealing business from law abiding people who have invested at great expense and hardship for their families and clients welfare.
                      Don't people find it strange that the person who picks you up asks you to phone or they phone you when you arrive so they can arrange a meeting point away from the normal ( green cross, post box, car rental caravan and other places that they believe everyone is as stupid as them and would'nt think of it) when there are meeting places in the arrival terminal for taxi and transfer companies, don't people find it strange that someone would park in the carpark when parking for taxis and coach companies is free at the airport and right outside the door, don't people find it strange that although some people will have pretend company names most of the time your contact is John. Bill or Mary on a mobile phone, they have no company uniform or airport transfer advertising on their vehicle (although there are some idiots who do have transfers advertised on vehicles), or wearing a teeshirt with their name printed on it or a very bright shirt to look out for when it is just as easy to hold up a sign with your name on it. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the point of whether the people doing this illegally or running a successful property management company, they can't be that successful if they have to operate illegally to subsidise their income and they are obviously not as nice or helpful as they make out when they are telling lies and putting passengers at risk by having no insurance, no license and in all cases are not regulated by passenger transport laws and regulations.
                      Really nice people !!!!!!!!!!!!!

In 6 years of doing these postings on this and the other forum I am still awaiting anyone who claims to be legal or has been recomended as legal to contact me.

YOU ARE NOT INSURED IF YOU USE
                      ILLEGAL TAXIS OR MINIBUSES
                      We have a "Targeta de Transporte" license and are fully insured for hire and reward. Be warned, this isn't always the case..

There are numerous illegal Companies on the Costa Blanca openly advertising on the internet as legitimate taxi/transfer companies. There are also apartment owners & letting agencies and golf tour companies offering cheap transfers, these are also illegal.

Alicante and Murcia Airport is patrolled continuously by the police & government inspectors looking for illegal touts.

If a Transfer Company asks to meet you anywhere other than in the arrivals terminal or in the free designated parking area for coaches and taxis, they will be illegal and you will not be insured for passenger liability cover.

You should remember that if stopped by the Guardia Civil (Police) the vehicle would be confiscated immediately leaving you stranded. A vehicle that is licensed will be SP (Servicio Publico) plated by the Spanish Authorities.

If you suspect you may have booked with an illegal company or individual ask them to send you a copy by fax or email of their "Targeta de Transporte" license. Legal companies will be more than pleased if you explain the reason for this request.
                      Editado por última vez por clydegrove; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2429-clydegrove en , 11:34:53.

Comentario

New Transport Service

It looks like the solution for getting frrom Alicante airport to thr Torre area is not far away

Pioneering Transport Links for Torrevieja�-�RTN Costa Blancas Free Newspaper - Round Town News

Comentario

The cost of a taxi from Alicante airport to Playa Flamenca area was 62euros and that was at 2am in the morning so it might well be cheaper during the day. This was with a legal taxi at the airport.

Comentario

Debs thank you

That at least gives me something to work/negotiate with. I just didn't want to arrive without some idea in my head for price & to be ripped off.

thanks again

Comentario

clydegrovegolf does transfers have a look at his website
                              you can get a quote online

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X