Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• La Calma Development

We are about to compete on an apartment mid June, however we will be visiting from the 30th May - 3rd June. We have asked the estate agent if it would be possible to have a look at our apartment, even though it's not technically ours yet, as due to work commitments this is the only time we can visit. The estate agent has told it it will not be possible for us the view the property. Has anyone out there already moved into this development, if so we would be keen to meet up during our visit, perhaps have a drink and discuss your experiences and seek your advice. A look around your apartment would also be very much appreciated. Look forward to hearing from you.

Mike

Mike, just a thought - who can stop you visiting it if that's what you want to do - I am assuming of course you know where it is?

Comentario

development

Pat - my thoughts entirely. Just go yourself and have a look round. when we visited our gaff before completion the door was unlocked and we had a good old nosey.

liz

Comentario

La Calma

Thanks for your responses, Yes we do know where it is, we have visited the site a couple of times during its development, but the last time we visited, the show apartment was closed, and I don't think anyone had taken up residence then, but that was twelve months ago. Now I think we are probably one of the last to move in. We will certainly try to gain entry if we can. This is the reply we got from the estate agents when I asked if we could view the property during our next visit next week

"As you may able to appreciate the builders do not allow viewings so close to the take over of the properties due to the fact that the Foremen have to organise permissions so that the properties can be viewed safely whilst in construction".

It is supposed to be a secure gated site, so we may have problems getting access without an invitation

Regards
        Mike

Comentario

my suggestion

I'd give it a try.
          that sounds like a blag to me to stop you going and having a good look round before the agent officially shows you. gives you more opportunity to look at what's wrong!

I'm sure you'll gain access.

Comentario

Yes just try to see it, we spent many various hours looking at our house during building . I smiled sweetly and said in broken Spanish about it being "mi casa!) I'm sure if someone is around and you explain the situation they will let you through the gates(just don't wear a mask and carry a swag bag!)
            However some friends had to make an appointment with their builder on a different site because he was very H & S minded and Atlas were of no help at all

Comentario

I second all of that. You've nothing to lose. Perhaps you could also try the showhouse if the people in their are friendly. Tell them you had an appointment to view and the plane was delayed - say anything!
              Anyway, all the best, hope you have a good trip.
              Cin

Comentario

Hi Hardiman,
                We had the same problem with our agent before purchase H & S quoted again. However be assured the properties are finished to a very high standard. No problems to report. La Calma was featured in a GMTV promo this morning did you see it.
                Silke

Comentario

Thanks very much for all your support, we will certainly give it a try. we did see La Calma on GMTV, in fact I entered the competition to win an apartment, but no luck so far, Silke! I once had a siamese cat called Silke named after a German girl we befriended many years ago on holiday in Majorca, are you German too?

Any way we will be coming over to Spain on Sunday night, and we are a little anxious about the stories we've heard about queueing up in Alicante for hours in order to obtain our NIE numbers! I beleive we will have to be in the queue by 5.30am is it true?

Regards

Shirley (Hardiman) :

Comentario

Hi Mike,
                    No i am not German I am Irish, but i am honoured to have your cat named after me in any case You should check that your solicitor did not organise your NIE for you when you first paid your deposit. Like you I was dreading queing for it in Alicante and even had made arrangements with my agent to go with us - but we had a pleasant surprise when our solicitor said he did it way back when our deposit was paid. It depends when you first signed though as the procedures have changed since. We are in Block 4 and completed last Dec. Where abouts are you?

Comentario

Good to hear that the apartments are finished to a good standard, Did you any have any problems with the snags with the property before you signed? We did check with our solicitors about the NIE forms and they said they did provide a service at 100 Euros per form, which we have declined. We are buying the apartment together with my sister and her husband as we are in block 37 with a rooftop terrace. Are you in residence or is it a holiday home for you?

Shirley (Mike's wife)

Comentario

Hi Shirley,
                        No we just use it for holidays. We have been out a number of times since we bought and are looking forward to a visit again in a couple of weeks time. Hasta la vista
                        Silke

Comentario

Trabajando...
                        X