X
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Buying Property in Torrevieja

I am plannning on retiring to Torrevieja. I have been looking at property online. Is there any area in and around Torrevieja that you would avoid?
    I would like to know your thoughts.
    Thanks
    al

Maybe it would be a good idea to come out and look yourself. Maybe rent a house for 6 months and tour around different areas rather than leave it to other peoples opinions. What I like you may not.
    Originalmente publicado por Alvin Ver Mensaje
    I am plannning on retiring to Torrevieja. I have been looking at property online. Is there any area in and around Torrevieja that you would avoid?
    Thanks
    al

Comentario

Thanks

I do plan on visiting in October. Are there any neighborhoods one should
      avoid if you are planning on retiring to Torrevieja? It is always good to
      hear what someone else has to say. After some visits then you make
      a decision on what area is right for you.

Comentario

I would definitely avoid Los Altos it's like a concrete jungle up there.
        I agree with chrisdee come out and rent for a few months and look around for yourself.

Comentario

I wouldn't say any area was really bad or notorious for anything in particular, I live in Torrevieja, Aguas Nuevas and I am happy living where I live, it is a concrete jungle really but I have all the shops within walking distance, always have a neighbour to talk to if I want, kids are noisey at times, other times you can hear a pin drop. I would suggest to buy somewhere that is established so you can see what you are getting.
          Can't really suggest anywhere to avoid, sorry.
          Once you get out here, start talking to people and reading the local papers you will soon make your own mind up.
          Definitely rent first, in my opinion.

Comentario

Do yourself a favour and retire to Devon or Cornwall. The whole Torrevieja/Orihuela Costa area is a crime riden, corrupt, dump.

Just my 2p's worth.

Comentario

I researched using the internet and narrowed the running down to three hot favourites which I then came out and visited. I looked at Lomas Del Golf, Villa Martin and Campoverde. I then, just by chance, came across a two bed roomed apartment on the 5th floor of a block situated three streets back from the beach at Playa D Acequion. We are the only English owners in this block and we have now had the property 7 years. I think that the finish is better and the cleanliness is maintained to a high standard because the Spanish live there. The pool is always immaculate and the property can be left secure when we return to the UK because of its height. Two minutes to the beach, five minutes to the main shopping area and a lot less maintenance costs. Lomas Del Golf wanted 1200 Euros per year and that was 7 years ago. Even now we only pay 300 Euros per year! I would always go for a property in a Spanish Community if I was to buy again.

Comentario

Hi all

New member and first forum joined.

Alvin excellent thread, this is in fact the reason I have been browsing and now joined a forum to get others views and opinions of the different areas.

I can agree totally with Chrisdee's comment of renting for six months and checking out the area, but maybe like yourself I still work. I am currently looking to buy, pay for a property and then retire to the area. Being 40ish 6 months out of work is not an option, with only holidays to look and spend time in the area.

Thats why others opinions\experiences are invaluable in making my choice. Nearly bought a quad in Dream Hills about yr and a half ago but felt I was rushing into it, but even with a few visits I still feel I don't know enough about the various areas to invest in a property there yet.

Any other info would be greatly appreciated, especially after watching Spain - paradise lost !!!

Comentario

Placebo could you elaborate on your comments please, would love to hear more on crime in the area ??

Comentario

Thanks Everyone for your help

I would definately come to Torrevieja and rent an apartment and see if this is the place I would like to retire. After that time I would make up my mind on where to buy.
                    As a lot of you said "Come and look around and talk to the people who live there". Those of you who live there can provide those of us who are looking
                    as to the types of neighborhoods which are good for a person to buy.
                    You have the hands on experience of living there to know what goes on.

Maybe Placebo should not move out of England from the comment. There
                    is no "Utopia" but we can make the best of where we are. There is crime and corruption anywhere you go. We have it where I live now so why does it make it any different in Torrevieja.
                    If anyone else has any comments I would really like to hear them
                    Thanks to all

Comentario

property around torry

Originalmente publicado por Alvin Ver Mensaje
                      Thanks
                      al
                      hello alvin
                      my name is steve i am not an agent, a friend is selling a 3 bed house with large under garage ,large community pool with bar close to torry and the carafour. tel 965708675/656545948/bestgara@hotmail.com

regards steve

Comentario

Thread closed

This thread it´s closed by moderator.

Please, read forum rules.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                        X