Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• house insurance

Anybody got any ideas on cost for house and contents insurance for a 3 bed house in the villa martin area or any companies that can be recommended.

I have spoken to a company called www.intasure.com who are associated with the Norwich Union. I am very impressed with their package.Their service is aimed 100% at the ex-pat market with English only applications, on-line registration and English speaking customer services. You can apply online, design your own policy and print it out. The were represented at the last This Is Spain exhibition. Their reference is 101000 and their freephone number from Spain is 900 110 680 (24hr/7day)

Incidentally, their director, Mark Morgan is looking for representatives here in Spain. He can be reached on 96 286 9674. If you have a professional background I am sure he would be pleased to meet you/receive your CV etc

Another big player in this marketplace. is Mapfre who have an English speaking agent in San Luis - Miguel 96 678 4736. Mapfre are one of Spain's biggest insurance companies and many expats have their homes etc insured with them. They have offices throughout the area but I have always found Miguel particularly obliging.

The third name on the block is Knights who are brokers. I am not sure what to think of them. I have heard from people who think that they walk on water and others who claim to have had real horror stories. Like everything I suppose, you pays your money and takes your choice.

Comentario

It is also worth asking your bank in Spain for a quote.

Comentario

I don't think so - even with an excellent relationship with my bank - the BdV could not get near the Mapfre one for like for like cover. Don't forget they are normally agents for a company and have to make their commission. I have heard some particularly disturbing accounts re CAM which is a bank which I otherwise rate vey highly.

Comentario

House insurance

Have a look at www.schofields.ltd.uk I have been with them for two years although have not had to claim for anything.

Comentario

If you are 50 or over try SAGA they are far the cheapest we have found and everything is in English.

Comentario

House insurance

Just had a look at the SAGA website. some of the what you are not covered for section would worry me.

Comentario

We are Cam customers and have found them to be pretty competitve, withg extra contents cover to 60000 euros they came in at 570 per annum for all risks including out of house cover?
                is this competitiv ( admittedly we do live in the country)

Comentario

Trabajando...
                X