X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Moving Over

Hi all

We, as a family, are considering moving over to Spain, and was wondering if any of you guys could give us some advice?

We currently run a busy garage (tyres, exhausts, servicing etc) and was thinking of setting up in Spain, possibly as Mobile Mechanics to start with.

Would this kind of service be in demand? We also have a Security company which we may transfer over too if it was likely to be of interest over there?

Hope to hear from you,

Regards

Steve, Lynda and Family

Hi, Please don't think I am trying to put you off but before you make any drastic decisions please do your homework if you do a search on this forum and the other Torrevieja one you will get plenty of info on moving over, as regards the mobile mechanic thing I would definately not recommend that in the Torrevieja area as there are hundreds of them all struggling for work at the moment. I think though if you were to move further North or South you would have more of a chance perhaps a mobile mechanic on this or the other site could fill you in with more info on that. One thing I would recommend is not to burn your bridges in the UK and to definately rent here first to see how you get on, it is hard work trying to make a living here and you do need a back up plan if everything goes belly up. In saying all that we have lived here for 5 years now and have enjoyed it so far and we bought our house outright first which was a bit of a gamble as I now know but thankfully it worked out okay. Just remember to bring plenty of money to keep you going for at least the 6 months whilst you are renting. Good luck and I hope you make it work.

Comentario

I think you should do your homework first. It's not to say you can't make a go of it, but, just like back in the U.K. it doesn't just fall into your lap. Given the number of people offering a similar service you would initially need to be very very competitive price wise until you have established yourself and built up a good reputation. Hope it works out for you.

Comentario

Another thing to consider if you are not of pension age, be prepared to pay 270euros per quarter, per person for healthcare or take out private insurance in the Valencian Region. If you have paid tax in the UK for the past 2 years you can transfer the contributions to Spain which will cover basic healthcare for up to 2 years before you need to think about the state system mentioned

Comentario

Trabajando...
        X